Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #2,911 of 2,944
You found it bassy..? What source are you using, if I may ask?
just connected to dc elite or hb1 so far :relaxed: . a few headfiers i chatted with also find it offers quite a lot of bass too. of coz not EA legend X or alike heavy but subjectively feels a lot more than fww or even air2 i'm listening to before i got xelento

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #2,912 of 2,944
So apparently my Xelento got the open back feature hidden.

Gonna put it here if someone curious with how Xelento looks like inside.

PXL_20240128_145311058.jpg

Feb 15, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #2,913 of 2,944
Sorry to hear that. Personally, I've had excellent customer service from beyerdynamic north america, has issues with og Xelento and Amiron wireless.
Also sorry to hear. I have a very different experience with Amiron Wireless in Finland. I bought it used and was the third owner and no receipt, but they took care of a bluetooth problem without any cost and in time. I was very positively surprised. By the way, I now have also Xelento gen2 remote & the neckband. I wanted to have also the wireless opportunity, so I bought the neckband afterwards. I play my Xelento wired through iBasso dx320 with amp14, and when I'm moving wireless. Hits my sweet spot.

Mar 9, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #2,915 of 2,944
Hi.

For those of you who have the xelento v2 and some wireless iems, how big difference is there in sound quality wired vs wireless?

I use my xelento v2 to little. So im in the thinking box whether it should keep them or sell them. If i sell them now i might get some for them. They havent been used much. I like their sound.

Im using some old Jabra active 75t more outside. They have ok sound. But at home i use b&w px8, audeze Maxwell, v moda crossfade Wireless 3, Phillips fidelio x2 and meze 109 pro. I like headphones better than iems. But that is because i often find iems uncomfortable. The xelento are very comfy though. But outside i find it more practical with Bluetooth.

Im looking at the Sennheiser mtw4s. They are supposed to be good.

Mar 9, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #2,916 of 2,944
Ps: My xelentos is used maybe 2-3 times a month. Maybe less. Its not that i dont like them. Its just that i use headphones more at home, and like Bluetooth outside. And yes, i have been using an Bluetooth dac/amp outside. The fiio btr5. But i still prefer true wireless outside. And im a little afraid of using the xelento outside, due to the hefty price tag 😅

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #2,917 of 2,944
Hi.

For those of you who have the xelento v2 and some wireless iems, how big difference is there in sound quality wired vs wireless?

I use my xelento v2 to little. So im in the thinking box whether it should keep them or sell them. If i sell them now i might get some for them. They havent been used much. I like their sound.

Im using some old Jabra active 75t more outside. They have ok sound. But at home i use b&w px8, audeze Maxwell, v moda crossfade Wireless 3, Phillips fidelio x2 and meze 109 pro. I like headphones better than iems. But that is because i often find iems uncomfortable. The xelento are very comfy though. But outside i find it more practical with Bluetooth.

Im looking at the Sennheiser mtw4s. They are supposed to be good.
I have Xelento 2nd wired and wireless. I bought the neckband afterwards just to have the wireless opportunity. The sound is almost as good wireless. It depends which dac/amp you use wired. But the neckband has inbuilt dac/amp and tuned to Xelento. So if you like Xelento sound you can have it wireless, too.

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #2,918 of 2,944
I have Xelento 2nd wired and wireless. I bought the neckband afterwards just to have the wireless opportunity. The sound is almost as good wireless. It depends which dac/amp you use wired. But the neckband has inbuilt dac/amp and tuned to Xelento. So if you like Xelento sound you can have it wireless, too.

Do you use them outside? Do they handle wind and noise well? 😃

Mar 9, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #2,919 of 2,944

Have you tested against true wireless iems? Like Sennheiser, Sony ect?

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #2,922 of 2,944
I have B&W pi7 IEMs, which are noise-cancelling wireless plugs. I use them in very noisy environments, because of the ANC, but the sound quality is not on the same level.

Tnx for the reply and help 😊👍 Then i think ill keep the xelento a little bit more and see. I sold my b&w px8 today, since i dont use them that much. And i bought the Sennheiser mtw4s and the Ifi go link, wich im going to use with the xelento and meze 109 pro.

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #2,924 of 2,944
Xelento Gen 2 with the wireless neckband and Symbio F foamies blocks out far more noise for me than any ANC I’ve tried so far. Perfect for outdoors. I take very good care of my Xelentos and while they’re expensive, I find them versatile enough to use out of the house.

TBH the most concern I have with them is how easily they swing when hanging from the neckband, so when I take them out to talk to someone, I usually leave them hooked around my ears. Which is awkward but a small price to pay for such sublime sound.

Do note that the neckband (especially with enhancement mode turned on) supports Mimi sound correction based on your personal audiogram. IMO that makes them sound better to me than some “higher tier” wired over-ear headphones.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #2,925 of 2,944
Xelento Gen 2 with the wireless neckband and Symbio F foamies blocks out far more noise for me than any ANC I’ve tried so far. Perfect for outdoors. I take very good care of my Xelentos and while they’re expensive, I find them versatile enough to use out of the house.

TBH the most concern I have with them is how easily they swing when hanging from the neckband, so when I take them out to talk to someone, I usually leave them hooked around my ears. Which is awkward but a small price to pay for such sublime sound.

Do note that the neckband (especially with enhancement mode turned on) supports Mimi sound correction based on your personal audiogram. IMO that makes them sound better to me than some “higher tier” wired over-ear headphones.
I have to try those Symbio foamies. Thanks for the tip. And it’s true that the Miy correction and enhancement mode bring value added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back