Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Dec 23, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #2,896 of 2,940
Yes, so far I'm not getting the same kick I got from the originals. They also sound a bit harsh and bass is not really there yet. I hope it improves over time, so far I've got close to 12 hours on them.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #2,897 of 2,940
Sometimes manufacturers just want to improve something that doesn’t need to just to bring more customers with a « new » thing but endup with a product that does not really improve things. Maybe the case here!

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #2,898 of 2,940
Just received a used NiceHCK GrKing cables to go with my OG Xelento.

Totally changed the sound signature! The IEM is V-shaped but after listening to more neutral IEM (and better IEM's overall) I realize the Xelento has unnaturally large amount of bass, which is of course fun for some genres. The GrKing cable cleaned that bass BUT also made the IEM a bit too bright and fatiguing on some songs (I didn't have this issue before). On the very positive side, the EQ on my DAC can easily add bass so it's overall better now.

Tldr lose fun bass for cleaner bass, better details but too bright

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #2,899 of 2,940
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #2,901 of 2,940
Ok, take out the signature part :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:did I incorrectly use that term?
There is no way that the cable changes the sound to the degree you would be able to distinguish in a blind test. Unless the cable significantly changes the impedance. All you hear is your imagination but i really dont want to get into this topic :)

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #2,902 of 2,940
There is no way that the cable changes the sound to the degree you would be able to distinguish in a blind test. Unless the cable significantly changes the impedance. All you hear is your imagination but i really dont want to get into this topic :)

Interesting you say that because based on some of your posts you admit that cables make a difference

Add silver plated cable to the Monarchs 2 and you will get an open back full sized planar soundstage. Its unbelievable. But all the intimacy will be lost. The silver plated cables show the real Monarch's separation potential. EVERYTHING plays outside a head.

All you hear is your imagination. Unless the cable significantly changes the impedance :)

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #2,903 of 2,940
Interesting you say that because based on some of your posts you admit that cables make a difference

All you hear is your imagination. Unless the cable significantly changes the impedance :)
Yeah i was talking bollocks back then. Ive learned on my mistakes, there was actually no difference to my ears after longer comparisons but i just didnt bother to straighten this up.

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #2,904 of 2,940
This has been asked many times, but what eartips do you use for Xelento?

I just found out the foam tips works better for me but since we know how the durability the foam tips is, I wonder what silicone eartips that has the same output?

Or to describe it, less bassy, neutral vocal.

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #2,905 of 2,940

I just found out the foam tips works better for me but since we know how the durability the foam tips is, I wonder what silicone eartips that has the same output?

The best foam tips going are Tennmak Strong Foam They are a dense slow rebound silicone foam that dont muddy the bass, clip the treble or rip, tear & deteriorate like comply. They sound great, wear like iron, are as cheap as chips, and isolate very well. They work well on the Xelentos for all the above reasons.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #2,906 of 2,940

I use Spinfit CP100, medium.
I’d say the sound is the same as the included silicone tips but with a better fit.

So far so good!

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #2,908 of 2,940

I super enjoy Symbio F foam ear tips for mostly the same reasons @holsen mentioned, but perhaps with less firmness.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #2,909 of 2,940
saw a quite reasonably priced xelento remote gen2 on trading forum so i ended up brining it home after working hour onite :ksc75smile:

quite efficient and bassy. the build quality is impeccable. i touched and closely examined (by bare eyes) the 24ct Au inlay logo and couldn't find any sign of level difference!. it's totally seamless! if i read correctly, this iem is rated for ip x4 splashproof! i didn't know of any other wired iem that's ip rated!

putting this side by side with my old T8ie Mkii, it's slightly bigger overall (but still very, very small - with a 11mm DD driver!). there's little point to go for 10 or even 20 drivers when a single driver delivering such coherent sound and strong bass. maybe only the soundstage is not so expansive. otherwise, this is a really great sounding iem (and with the bonus being made in germany! it's hard to find other made in germany iem i believe).

Attachments

• 20240117_212229.jpg
    20240117_212229.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240117_210255.jpg
    20240117_210255.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240117_210816.jpg
    20240117_210816.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #2,910 of 2,940
saw a quite reasonably priced xelento remote gen2 on trading forum so i ended up brining it home after working hour onite :ksc75smile:

quite efficient and bassy. the build quality is impeccable. i touched and closely examined (by bare eyes) the 24ct Au inlay logo and couldn't find any sign of level difference!. it's totally seamless! if i read correctly, this iem is rated for ip x4 splashproof! i didn't know of any other wired iem that's ip rated!

putting this side by side with my old T8ie Mkii, it's slightly bigger overall (but still very, very small - with a 11mm DD driver!). there's little point to go for 10 or even 20 drivers when a single driver delivering such coherent sound and strong bass. maybe only the passive soundstage is not so expansive. otherwise, this is a really great sounding iem (and with the bonus being made in germany! it's hard to find other made in germany iem i believe).
You found it bassy..? What source are you using, if I may ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back