Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Oct 21, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #2,461 of 2,944
https://www.soundstagesolo.com/inde...namic-xelento-remote-2nd-generation-earphones

I think he is right. Mine arrived today and after 5h of listening I can admit there’s something special going on with these.
Thanks for that link. Great write up. Mine are still in transit but I did get a new dongle today for sole purpose of acting as burn-in rig. I believe these will benefit from 100 hours of use and suspect we'll hear them refine even after just 10 to 25 hours. That's been my experience with almost every DD and certainly with every planar and EST.

We look forward to hearing more of your impressions.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #2,462 of 2,944
Oct 21, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #2,463 of 2,944
Had to ask, Are there any amount of Driver Flex when inserting into your Ears?
The review posted on this thread which compares to the IE600/900 says there is still driver flex.

It seems UK stores still have some stock of the gen1 and gen2 is not coming out here until they are sold. I'd like to know what kind of price gen 2 will be as maybe the gen 1 will be a better option while it is still available. Does anyone know what the price difference was with gen 1 with USA, Europe and UK respectively when they first came out?

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #2,464 of 2,944
Had to ask, Are there any amount of Driver Flex when inserting into your Ears?
Minimal driver flex. Very little. But I don’t care. It’s not that bad.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #2,465 of 2,944
Not sure I've seen anyone try this "mod" before but I've fitted Shure yellow foams to my Xelento. The Xelento nozzle shape makes this possible but its a tight fiddly fit, I needed to stretch the tip in one direction a little. I did this because I like the fit of the 2mm tips and that still applies with this tip fitting.

I assume it would work for the Shure Olive tips too which I intend to try next. Happy headfi-ing folks. :)

IMG20221021135928.jpg

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #2,466 of 2,944
The review posted on this thread which compares to the IE600/900 says there is still driver flex.

It seems UK stores still have some stock of the gen1 and gen2 is not coming out here until they are sold. I'd like to know what kind of price gen 2 will be as maybe the gen 1 will be a better option while it is still available. Does anyone know what the price difference was with gen 1 with USA, Europe and UK respectively when they first came out?
Gen 2 is priced at the same level as the OG was originally priced and the original is still an exceptional IEM.

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #2,467 of 2,944
Gen 2 is priced at the same level as the OG was originally priced and the original is still an exceptional IEM.
Yes it seems the original were $1k in the USA but around £7-800 in the UK. Gen 2 just released in the UK @ Polar for £990, which is out of my league for an IEM.

The good news is Polar are now selling the OG Xelento for £499 on ebay. Sold! Heads up UK Head-fiers there's one left now. At half the price of the new model, I think it's a good deal.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,469 of 2,944
For some reason it feels like I'm wearing a pair of headphones instead of tiny IEM! The stage/depth is simply amazing!

I'm a bit disappointed with the wireless module tho... Might return them and get the remote version when there's a new premium tws adapter on the market.

Oct 23, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #2,471 of 2,944
can you elaborate how they sound different/similar compared to the 1st gen?
It’s quite a while since i had the gen. 1 in hand. So take my words with a big grain of salt.
I think gen. 2 has less bass and less treble. I had problems with booth at the first place. Big, powerful, but more controlled.

Overall they sound vintage in a good way. More like over ears.
In comparison the Kato sounds thinner.
Can’t explain it better.
Maybe there not hitting a target curve, reproduce the highest level of whatever metric, but the way there presents the majority of music is quite unique and I like that a lot.

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #2,474 of 2,944
I have the Xelento OG on the way and would like to have a backup cable, the price for a replacement Beyer is around £100 which seems a bit steep even though reviews say it is a very good cable. My only experience with aftermarket IEM cables is the ddHiFi Clouds BC120a, which is very nice, supple and lightweight. Does anyone know if the connectors are compatible with the Xelento? The connector on the Xelento cable looks recessed, where as this is flush.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #2,475 of 2,944
I have the Xelento OG on the way and would like to have a backup cable, the price for a replacement Beyer is around £100 which seems a bit steep even though reviews say it is a very good cable. My only experience with aftermarket IEM cables is the ddHiFi Clouds BC120a, which is very nice, supple and lightweight. Does anyone know if the connectors are compatible with the Xelento? The connector on the Xelento cable looks recessed, where as this is flush.
No the xelento mmcx connectors are really very standard and not recessed at all and almost compatible with all aftermakets cable.. it's far easier than sennheiser IE900/IE600 which are tricky to find mmcx cables..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back