Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Feb 28, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #2,206 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope its smoother than the 880s in the highs and more extended. Skylab reports that to be the case though which makes me want to audition a pair whenever I can get access.

Got my T1 today, right out of box with 5 hours warm up. It beat the DT880 ( I still have them) no doubt. T1 fits better than HD800, comfort level about the same (to me). T1 is so compact compare to HD800.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #2,207 of 3,971
I hope to get DT880 600ohm sometime soon and try the DT990 600 ohm at an upcoming meet. Who knows, maybe Beyer's sound signature will be the one I have been looking for. It is at that point in time, the T1 will come into my line of sight
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #2,208 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little OT here, but I'm looking at recables for both my headphones and I'm torn between Moon Audio and APS, why is it that everybody in this thread seems to favor Moon whereas everyone outside this thread seems to recommend APS?

So confusing!

Just to be somewhat on topic, I can't express how jealous I am of everyone with a T1. Had a change to hear them the other day and I fell in love, although that was on the better recorded music in my collection, I'm sure with the poorly recorded stuff that love may have faltered.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I needed a 12ft cable to accomodate 1 of my 2 headphone setups so the 10ft stock T1 cable had to go.

I went with Moon Audio cables for a several reasons: (1) Moon Audio has an agreement with Beyerdynamic that warrants all their modifications, therefore the warranty is not voided with any Moon Audio recable on any Beyerdynamic headphone; (2) I didn't want to drastically change the sound signature of the T1's stock copper cable. I wanted to maintain a pure copper cable and by going with the Black or Blue Dragon, I could do that. Moon Audio gives you a choice of 3 all copper cables: Black, and Blue Dragons and they also offer Cardas cables. As far as I know, APS has 1 cable and its a combination of silver and copper; (3) Price, Moon Audio had a T1 pre-release deal that cost me $150 for a 12ft Black Dragon, I think an APS cable of the same length and super nylon would cost atleast double that. I've seen and heard the APS cable on several different headphones and I think their super nylon looks and feels great. However in the end, I picked Moon Audio for the reasons stated above.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #2,209 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope to get DT880 600ohm sometime soon and try the DT990 600 ohm at an upcoming meet. Who knows, maybe Beyer's sound signature will be the one I have been looking for. It is at that point in time, the T1 will come into my line of sight
very_evil_smiley.gif

If I were you, I'd stop looking at either DT880 and DT990, and save up for T1. Those cans just can't compare.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #2,210 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW, this is gonna be interesting. Very often I got goosebumps from the SE530 midrange (vocal) more than anything else, if the mids can trumps SE530, I DEFINITELY will be interested.

How's the bass compared to SE530? I rate (my taste) SE530 bass to be the most impactful (not quantity), tight and perfect definition. Although instrument separation is not the best.

Sorry, my comparison was just for the mids of the SE530 and the T1s. But the quality, depth, control, detail and impact all go to the T1s by quite a good margin too! I'm sorry your wallet had to hear this.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #2,211 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were you, I'd stop looking at either DT880 and DT990, and save up for T1. Those cans just can't compare.

X2 for me!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #2,212 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 for me!
biggrin.gif

Sounds about right!

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #2,213 of 3,971
Well my T1's are still too new to talk a lot about the sound, but even after about 50 hours it is safe to say they have completely surpassed my DT880's. I was just wondering if I'll ever listen to the 880's again...

I had been planning on buying some 600 ohm 880's last year, but decided to go for the eXStatA/Stax combo instead (which is awesome btw) and now I'm so glad that I waited - these T1's are really great...

beyersmile.png

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #2,214 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimJo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had been planning on buying some 600 ohm 880's last year, but decided to go for the eXStatA/Stax combo instead (which is awesome btw) and now I'm so glad that I waited - these T1's are really great...

beyersmile.png

eXStatA/Stax 404 sound very very good, but not very hard to defeat.

eXStatA/Stax 404 do things more like dynamic set-up. The fullness, bass, and the impact. bass and impact are last word about Stax, but they were there.

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #2,215 of 3,971
I just realized how critical positioning of the T1 in your head is. If they sit too forward they sound dark, if they are too much to the back they sound bright and if they are not symmetrical between left and right the center of the soundstage move either left or right depending on how they are positioned.

There are other headphone with this kind of effects but I have never noticed it so clear and critical.

When they are in the right sweet spot they sound great but with smaller (hight wise) soundstage compare to the HD800.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #2,216 of 3,971
MacedonianHero, Canada scored gold medail in ice hokey, in national so loved sport in Canada. USA played fantastic match, but Canada is more successful. Slovakia was very near bronze medail, but third period was catastrophic. Congratulation Canadians.

I have again listen PS 1000 and I compared with T1. I can simply say, the pricetag for PS 1000 is absurdly crazy, galacticly overcosted. T1 with excellent tube amp are absolutely outside the quality of Grado PS 1000 model. Technologicaly are PS 1000 old, musically are down in compare with HD 800 or T1. The highs in PS 1000 are false etc.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #2,217 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MacedonianHero, Canada scored gold medail in ice hokey, in national so loved sport in Canada. USA played fantastic match, but Canada is more successful. Slovakia was very near bronze medail, but third period was catastrophic. Congratulation Canadians.

I have again listen PS 1000 and I compared with T1. I can simply say, the pricetag for PS 1000 is absurdly crazy, galacticly overcosted. T1 with excellent tube amp are absolutely outside the quality of Grado PS 1000 model. Technologicaly are PS 1000 old, musically are down in compare with HD 800 or T1. The highs in PS 1000 are false etc.

There are 33 million extremely happy Canadians! Funny how the game tying score from the US to put this into overtime was Zack Parise. His dad of course is JP Parise a very famous Canadian hockey player who was a big part of the Canadian team in the legendary '72 Series against the Soviets (I can hear it still "and Henderson has scored for Canada" by the great Foster Hewitt and now Sidney's done it for a new generation).

I can not use words to say just how happy all Canadians are about this...top it off with 14 Gold Metals...the most in Winter Olympic history too. Great showing though by the US as well with the highest medal count. All in all, a great job Vancouver!

Now back the headphones....

I agree with your thoughts of the PS1000s. I never really got into them (along with the GS1000s). For my money, the RS1i 's are the best headphones in the Grado lineup...but that's just my two Canadian cents!
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #2,219 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I say this....

How about this: YES and IT`S QUITE A BIT BETTER TOO. The bass is much deeper, controlled and detailed, the mids destroy my SE530s (my previous champs) and the highs are not metallic and thin sounding like I found the DT880s could be. These are simply the best cans I`ve ever had on my head.

They are also incredible all-rounders: Classical, Jazz, Acoustic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, they have excelled at everything I`ve ever thrown at them.

Thank you!

(I think)

I've got to audition these. But I'd have to sell my HD800 to finance them. I've blown my budget. Tough decision. I'm really likin' the HD800 as of late..

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #2,220 of 3,971
While I prefer the T1 over the HD800, unless you are unhappy with the HD800, I wouldn't sell them to buy the T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back