beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Oct 23, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #1,052 of 1,963
  Truth be told you are not the only one. I did not want to say it before hand but I have heard them offering such services few times. But honestly repair is not that hard anyway (unless it is a driver issue).

lol you could have just told me in the first place.....either way, it's good to have this written down in email form from Beyer directly - makes it official.

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,054 of 1,963
Will that is the thing they are doing it as a kind gesture, I don't think warranty is tranferable.

I'm not too sure, I think Beyer and most others would never publicly mention the warranty is transferable. As long the product is still within warranty and you can prove with a receipt it was originally purchased from an authorised seller, then I believe they would always offer a warranty repair, even for consequent owners.

I'm happy with Beyers response and offer.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #1,055 of 1,963
I also received confirmation from Beyerdynamic that they will repair my T5p even though I am not the original owner, as long as it is still in warranty and I have the original receipt. :bigsmile_face:

Oh thats great news!

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,056 of 1,963
...and you don't get a new pair, losing your accumulated burn-in time. Get the 5000<= hours operation time for a subtle but welcome improvement. I would appreciate not having to do my set again. They only get better with use in my experience.

(NB. Not everyone is okay with the idea of burn-in)

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #1,057 of 1,963
Hey fellow T5p lovers,

I'm looking for some help choosing the right desktop amp to get the most of out of my T5ps.  My budget is ~$1000USD.  I've had the T5ps for about a year, after an extensive search for a top-of-the-line sealed can I could use at work or home.  I love them for their clarity and speed in the upper ranges and incredible sound stage.  But I want a bit warmer sound (bit less harsh treble) and a bit more impact in the low end.  For comparison / calibration, I have a pair of Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs which I love for their mids and lows, but they are not nearly as refined and the sound stage isn't there. I also have a pair of HD650s, but they are simply too veiled and boomy.

My source material ranges from high quality lossless FLAC files from HDTracks, to lossless CD rips, to high quality streams from Spotify.  I listen to mostly rock and electronica, though occasionally some live / acoustic / classic rock stuff (Dave Matthews is actually my favorite band.)  Not too into classical.  Maybe someday when I'm cultured.  

My current setup is PC -> Bifrost UBER (Gen 2 USB) -> Asguard 2 -> T5p.  I know the T5ps can sound better because they do when I swap the Asguard for a Lyr (which I have for driving HD650s and Mad Dogs) but the background noise makes that setup a no-go.  I've read through most of this thread, and I haven't seen a ton of discussion on desktop amps.  A number of folks said they liked tubes with the T5ps, but I didn't see many specific recommendations (except the WA7, but seeing as I already have a DAC it doesn't seem ideal.)  I've also seen a lot of good feedback on the Meier stuff in here, but I think tubes are more likely to give me the sound I want (though maybe I don't have any idea what I'm talking about!)  I've been considering the WA2 - people love it with the T1 (presumably a similar sound signature) and the folks at Woo claim it will pair just fine despite being OTL.  (I've got a pair of used T1s on the way, so that could be a double-win!) 

Anyway, looking for any advice people can offer - especially if they can provide it relative to any of the gear I mentioned above I've already tried.  If you need any more info from me to help make the right suggestion, please ask!  Thanks in advance!

-Dan

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #1,058 of 1,963
Many who have the amp I have say that it is superior to their desk top amps that are at least double the price. The Analog Squared Paper TU-05.

I have been using mine with my T5P's for almost 5 months now, the combination is just superb. Clarity, speed, warmth, detail ,soundstage inky black background and just a wonderful match for the T5P's.

The amp is battery powered, you get around 7-8 hours on a charge and there are plenty of tubes that are very reasonably priced that you can tube roll with (for warmth and detail I recommend either Mullards or Phillips/Mazda combo's

The amp is single ended triode and runs class A.

A stunning amp and I highly recommend it, even more so with the T5P's!
http://www.analog2p.com/product/tu05.html

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #1,059 of 1,963
Probably TU-05b/06 for acoustic/microphone recordings. 

For everything else most like the highest quality class A solid state you can find, the lower the power the better, focus entirely on signal quality. Full discrete class A with a very high quality power supply section, best I can think of. Which one? I dare say Triad Audio LISA III with power supply external upgrade, opamp based though.

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,060 of 1,963
Hmm, must admit I was listening to Tool's excellent album Lateralous tonight and it there was plenty of everything and that is a pretty intense album when it comes to dynamics. The 05 can play dynamics really well I find.

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #1,061 of 1,963
I love my DT1350s for everyday use, whether driven from my DAC/Amp combo, or straight from my iPhone.  However, they become pretty uncomfortable quickly, especially when wearing glasses.

I'l like to upgrade to a circumaural can from Beyer, that is still relatively "portable friendly" so I'm on the fence between the T70p or the T5p.  So many mixed reviews at this point, I'm not sure which direction to take.  T5p is very tempting though...

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #1,062 of 1,963
  I love my DT1350s for everyday use, whether driven from my DAC/Amp combo, or straight from my iPhone.  However, they become pretty uncomfortable quickly, especially when wearing glasses.

I'l like to upgrade to a circumaural can from Beyer, that is still relatively "portable friendly" so I'm on the fence between the T70p or the T5p.  So many mixed reviews at this point, I'm not sure which direction to take.  T5p is very tempting though...

Mariusz,

Shoot me a PM with your location details and maybe you can have a listen to my T5ps and if you like them, I might even sell them to you for cheap.

P.S. They are very temptinng as they are very good.

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,063 of 1,963
My T5p is now with Beyer. Expected 8-10 day turn around.
regular_smile .gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #1,064 of 1,963
My T5p's have returned from the repair centre with a new cable. Turn around was about a week and half. Can't wait to get these back home and on my head again.

beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back