beyerdynamic t50p
Nov 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #76 of 101
So it's normal that I can swing the phones without touching them using a metallic object in a distance of 1 - 2 cm from the pads and can even pull them as described in a previous post ?

Quote:
Just to avoid any confusion: The magnetic flux density of 1.2 Tesla is achieved in the air gap inside the driver only.
Of course, nearly all the magnetic power is focused in the air gap, and the outside stray field as low as possible (since any stray field would reduce efficiency!).

By the way, the outside magnetic flux density of T50p is less than 0.015 Tesla, so don´t worry about magnetization of watches...

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #78 of 101
I don't think that's normal - I can't duplicate that with my pair.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #80 of 101
I do have to say, having thought about it, that in my experience of wristwatches affected by magnetic fields I have never noticed the magnetic field. According to Beyers response this cannot be normal as it is leaking magnetic energy. The amount they quote should not have that effect as it is miniscule!

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #82 of 101
I got a response from beyerdynamic Germany regarding my question about the magnetic field and the "door key experiment"; they also saw the video clip.

-- they checked and confirmed that they can reproduce the shown behavior with the T50p.
-- further testing with third-party products showed similar behavior, though the methods necessary to effect the phones and the magnitude of response varied [I can confirm that now ... tested with the TMA-1 ... it shows exactly the same behavior if not with greater effect].
-- they found that it needs only a very small amount of magnetic field strength to reproduce this behavior with a lightweight headphone if it is mounted so it can swing free and you synchronize your stimulating movements with its frequency of mechanical oscillation.

-- "magnetic leakage" from the Tesla phones can be eliminated with 100% certainty because they check each single phone.
-- if it theoretically would leak, SPL would decline drastically [that's not the case with my phones].
-- so in any case the outside magnetic flux density of the T50p should be less than 0.015 Tesla because of the construction specifics.

thanx to beyerdynamic in Germany for the fast response 
beerchug.gif

May 24, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #84 of 101
Ive got myself a pair of the T50p, and they sounded very pleasing to me. Unfortunately, the left channel suddenly lost all bass frequencies, so im having them replaced. But I'm really interested in why this can happen? Any ideas?

Lasse

May 27, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #85 of 101
Got the replacements, and, what an adorable pair of headphones these are.

May 28, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #86 of 101

Quote:
Got the replacements, and, what an adorable pair of headphones these are.

Yes they truly are! I would love to do a longer comparison to DT-1350. I used to have the T50p. As far as I remember they had more bass but I am not sure which I prefer. 

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #88 of 101
Edit: On second thought, screw it.

I picked up a used T50p to try out some time back, and I was okay with the sound, but then I liked it better after some modding.

92f72c8d_IMG_3647.JPG

Akasa Paxmate Plus to kill resonances in the cups, though admittedly it did not have as much impact on the sound as with other closed 'phones.
I tried cotton felt there in the back to filter the sound as it lacks a filter in stock.  Then I removed the outer edge of the baffle filter, which did the job that filtering on the back and dampening do at the cost of killing the sound somewhat.
The cotton felt thickens the sound and adds weight to the bass.  It also makes T50p begin to sound like ESW9, not quite sure how to put it - gives it that "tube-like" quality that others rave about and that I have heard in ESW9 but not in any other headphone.
It also sounds more open, clearer, cleaner, and more detailed a bit.

Then I tried pantyhose material recently.  It doesn't quite thicken the sound as much but is more neutral and enables T50p to retain its stock overall character, but with the improvements I mentioned.

(I don't have my camera at the moment and had to use my cellphone.)
I'm not sure which filter I like better as the sound is quite good with both.  I've also picked up HD25-1, and T50p has a significant edge in treble (clearer, tighter, sparklier), but I am liking HD25's mids just a bit more.  Bass is is very good on both, and T50p has more.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #90 of 101
just received my brand new pair

listening to a Studio-V on its own or into a Graham Slee Voyager Amp,
either way they sound TERRIBLE,really cuppy like £99 loudspeakers.

The whole frequency range is there, but singers sound like they are singing into a tin can, and snare drums
sound like biscuit tins.

My ES55s are much better in every aspect.

These sound closer to PX200s but not as good!

very very disappointed.

and I received a fake pair or ES7s today!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back