Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Oct 21, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,801 of 1,824
I strongly echo the suggestion of using DT 1990 Pro analytical pads with the T1 3rd gen.
Just the pads, leave everything else stock.

The graphic from DIY Audio Heaven ( DT 1990 Pro) gives an idea of expected influence on FR.

Best

Attachments

• analytical-vs-balanced-pads.png
    analytical-vs-balanced-pads.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #1,802 of 1,824
I have an old T1 that I had balanced cables put on. After years of use the left speaker no longer function. Given it's given me a decade plus of great use, do you guys think it's time to put the old dog to pasture and move on? Or is this old headphone worth spending money on to fix?

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,804 of 1,824
I have an old T1 that I had balanced cables put on. After years of use the left speaker no longer function. Given it's given me a decade plus of great use, do you guys think it's time to put the old dog to pasture and move on? Or is this old headphone worth spending money on to fix?
If you’re in Europe they offer repairs at very reasonable prices. Also parts for do it yourself if you’re that inclined.

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #1,806 of 1,824
Tough ask innit, I'd reckon it'll cost the same as a mid tier headphone just to get it fixed. I'm not sure if the issue is at the cables or near the headphone connection or the speakerphone itself.
The drivers themselves are not quite cheap, I think they only sell matched pairs for their top models... and they won't quote prices upfront, but only after having a look themselves.

But since someone changed the plug on these, I'd first check the soldering there. Maybe there's an easy solution after all...

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,807 of 1,824
I picked up a new pair of T1.3s to try out recently and have been enjoying them with some EQ tweaks, however I think I've just realized that they're the source of the minor headaches I've been having lately. I'll keep adjusting the headband dot system in the meantime to see if that can solve it but what are folks' comfort mods for the headband if any?

My current EQ which is similar to others just very bass boosted:
G+8, F=44, Q=0.5
G+7, F=80, Q=0.7
G+2, F=2k, Q=1.0
G-1.5, F=6k, Q=2.0
G+3, F=7.5k, Q=1.0

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #1,808 of 1,824
I picked up a new pair of T1.3s to try out recently and have been enjoying them with some EQ tweaks, however I think I've just realized that they're the source of the minor headaches I've been having lately. I'll keep adjusting the headband dot system in the meantime to see if that can solve it but what are folks' comfort mods for the headband if any?

My current EQ which is similar to others just very bass boosted:
G+8, F=44, Q=0.5
G+7, F=80, Q=0.7
G+2, F=2k, Q=1.0
G-1.5, F=6k, Q=2.0
G+3, F=7.5k, Q=1.0
I gently bent mine to reduce the clamp. Especially when new, the pads were a bit stiff and could cause discomfort together with the clamping force.

Nov 7, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #1,809 of 1,824
Still loving this headphone - it just feels tonally right at any volume and has the bottom end and the slam that you always knew was in the music. However, and most importantly, if the bass isn't there, this phone doesn't make everything sound bassy. I'll say it again - it's a triumph compared with the T1 Gen. 2.
interesting. my thoughts and reviews are based primarily on gaming, mainly on Battlefield V, which i consider has some excellent audio.

so firstly i bought the Gen 3, and they were excellent in game, depth, body, clarity of sounds etc was fantastic, music was great through them too, detailed, clear , with good bass. now for some reason, i wanted a Gen 2 to compare.... the sound signature. basically with the stock cable, to be honest..... i was blown away... details, voices sounds i never heard before, the blasting of windows, sounding ultra realistic.... the quality of the sound, was just on another level.... not to say the Gen3s werent good, they were....
but these were better. ill probably end up keeping both of them. but i am WOWED with the sounds out of the Gen2. just to be clear, this is basically in games, and primarily Battlefield V., if you find a Gen2..... GET IT... the upside of the Gen3 are they are so easy to power, you can run it on your smartphone with decent volumes....

like i said, if you like gaming, and have the gear good enough, go find a pair of Gen2s.... i mean, wow. both headphones im using the dekoni elite hybrid velour pads.

i also find the build quality of the Gen2s, to be slightly better than the Gen3s. the engraved T1 on each side, the nice mesh finish on the cups.... ill take these cans to the grave with me. music wise, others may find the Gen3s better, but for me, its the Gen2s.... having said that, i want some more listening time musically with the Gen3s...

as i said, as long as you have the gear to run 'em, these are super impressive (for me anyway) . actually the stock cable on the Gens2 are GOOD.... too bad they are a meter too long, but still.... very nice.

im not very good at reviewing, but thats just my opinions and findings... albeit very simple.

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #1,810 of 1,824
T1 Gen. 2 was bit bright for me - the Gen. 3 fixed that and added a whole new world of sub-bass, without everything sounding "bassy". If sub-bass was there, you heard it.

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #1,811 of 1,824
interesting. my thoughts and reviews are based primarily on gaming, mainly on Battlefield V, which i consider has some excellent audio.

so firstly i bought the Gen 3, and they were excellent in game, depth, body, clarity of sounds etc was fantastic, music was great through them too, detailed, clear , with good bass. now for some reason, i wanted a Gen 2 to compare.... the sound signature. basically with the stock cable, to be honest..... i was blown away... details, voices sounds i never heard before, the blasting of windows, sounding ultra realistic.... the quality of the sound, was just on another level.... not to say the Gen3s werent good, they were....
but these were better. ill probably end up keeping both of them. but i am WOWED with the sounds out of the Gen2. just to be clear, this is basically in games, and primarily Battlefield V., if you find a Gen2..... GET IT... the upside of the Gen3 are they are so easy to power, you can run it on your smartphone with decent volumes....

like i said, if you like gaming, and have the gear good enough, go find a pair of Gen2s.... i mean, wow. both headphones im using the dekoni elite hybrid velour pads.

i also find the build quality of the Gen2s, to be slightly better than the Gen3s. the engraved T1 on each side, the nice mesh finish on the cups.... ill take these cans to the grave with me. music wise, others may find the Gen3s better, but for me, its the Gen2s.... having said that, i want some more listening time musically with the Gen3s...

as i said, as long as you have the gear to run 'em, these are super impressive (for me anyway) . actually the stock cable on the Gens2 are GOOD.... too bad they are a meter too long, but still.... very nice.

im not very good at reviewing, but thats just my opinions and findings... albeit very simple.
Have you tried the Gen 3s without the absorber disks? I wonder how close they sound to the Gen 2s when the disks are out. If the sound doesn't suffer in any way, but just gets brighter, then perhaps that would be a cheaper option to have a 2-in-1 solution instead.

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #1,812 of 1,824
Have you tried the Gen 3s without the absorber disks? I wonder how close they sound to the Gen 2s when the disks are out. If the sound doesn't suffer in any way, but just gets brighter, then perhaps that would be a cheaper option to have a 2-in-1 solution instead.
i havent, good idea... might try them. thanks.

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #1,813 of 1,824
I bought a pair last week. As they burn in, the midrange and treble are opening up.
And I found that the position of ears inside the earcups changed the sound drastically.
Possibly due to the angled and off-centered drivers.

When I position my ears forward in the earcups, the midrange comes closer and they sound much more balanced.
Especially bass guitar sounds so growly and punchy.
Otherwise everything gets so muddy and booming.

I don't like my dt880 for being sibilant and boring at the same time but T1s give me no ear fatigue and satisfying bass impact. :)

1711789865888.png

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #1,814 of 1,824
I bought a pair last week. As they burn in, the midrange and treble are opening up.
And I found that the position of ears inside the earcups changed the sound drastically.
Possibly due to the angled and off-centered drivers.

When I position my ears forward in the earcups, the midrange comes closer and they sound much more balanced.
Especially bass guitar sounds so growly and punchy.
Otherwise everything gets so muddy and booming.

I don't like my dt880 for being sibilant and boring at the same time but T1s give me no ear fatigue and satisfying bass impact. :)

1711789865888.png
If you want 2 pairs of cans in one, try t13rd with analytical pads and no foam inside.

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #1,815 of 1,824

Users who are viewing this thread

Back