Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Mar 27, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #1,036 of 1,824
I always buy from resellers and never from Beyer directly. I have never seen them offer any discount and normally that is possible from a reseller to bargain or use a promo code.

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #1,037 of 1,824
I always buy from resellers and never from Beyer directly. I have never seen them offer any discount and normally that is possible from a reseller to bargain or use a promo code.
I'm interested in some spare parts, that's why I need to buy from there. Thanks for your help.

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #1,038 of 1,824
I need to listen to both of these side-by-side more, but my initial impression of the new T1 is that it was even warmer than I was expecting, even after reading MANY of the comments here saying so. Compared to my TH-X00s, the T1 has less sub-bass (still bassy and fun), more clarity, better instrument separation, better soundstage, more emphasis in the mids, and the treble is there but the mids bleed and don't let them shine. The Fostex has great sub-bass, but I prefer the bass in the T1 for most genres. Seems more accurate and less boomy while still being fun. I'm awful with audiophile speak, but I'll be listening more and will hopefully be able to comprehend the sound better with time. I'm definitely used to a V shape, but I expected more shine in the treble in the T1 and it makes me slightly underwhelmed unless I EQ them, but I'd rather get the sound signature right from the get-go. Preferring the Fostex for the time being, regardless of them being half the price. The T1s are just so warm..

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #1,041 of 1,824
how does it compare to the Deva?
Very different sound signatures.
The T1.3 is a lot darker and warmer with good treble extension.
Bass extends lower (maybe a little south of neutral) and slams harder.
Mib bass is way more forward and colored.
Deva is almost flat up to the upper mids.
Sounds more airy and lean and the soundstage is a bit wider.
Treble quantity is almost the same but T1 quality is better.
Both sound a little metallic at certain frequencies.
Anyway very different ideally you should audition before you buy.
Deva is more reference tuning while the T1 is colored in a strange way.
Not bad at all but different than the usual norm.

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #1,042 of 1,824
Very different sound signatures.
The T1.3 is a lot darker and warmer with good treble extension.
Bass extends lower (maybe a little south of neutral) and slams harder.
Mib bass is way more forward and colored.
Deva is almost flat up to the upper mids.
Sounds more airy and lean and the soundstage is a bit wider.
Treble quantity is almost the same but T1 quality is better.
Both sound a little metallic at certain frequencies.
Anyway very different ideally you should audition before you buy.
Deva is more reference tuning while the T1 is colored in a strange way.
Not bad at all but different than the usual norm.
Thanks, how's does the instrument separation and imaging compare? Is the price difference between the two headphones justified?

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #1,043 of 1,824
Thanks, how's does the instrument separation and imaging compare? Is the price difference between the two headphones justified?
Both are very precise but the Deva feels more open.

The T1 is more refined overall and can respond better to upstream gear.

Build quality is a lot better on the T1.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #1,045 of 1,824
I'd really like to get an idea as to how the high mids compare to the 7200 and NightOwl. I really dig the 7200, but sold the NightOwl. I found it too dark and distant in the presence region. The 7200 isn't quite as bad, and offers much better resolution and space imo. I'd like to try the T1 3rd, but I need a better idea as to how it compares. Too much money atm to take a gamble. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 6, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #1,046 of 1,824
Got a new cable for the T1.3. Much more flexible, lighter, and has absolutely zero microphonics, in those ways an upgrade over the stock. It's a GUCraftsman 6N Copper cable I got for half price making it cheaper than a new stock cable. There seem to be some sonic differences but haven't had it long enough to get a good handle on them or to note if they are beneficial overall or not.

D10D3EFA-61D4-4BA6-BAC9-51CEF6A87DAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #1,047 of 1,824
I just ordered the t1.3 to try them out, the t1 were my first flagship headphones and I have always loved beyer. I've been using the focal utopia and stellia the past years but I really wanted to see how beyer's new flagship stacks up. My source right now is only an ifi black label since I sold my WA8 a bit ago, I was thinking of also upgrading my amp/dac to really get these things to shine. I'm thinking of the WooAudio WA7 fireflies, any other suggestions would be welcomed! :) Can't wait to hear these from what I've read they match my tastes very well.

Also looking at the WA11 and Burson Conductor, budget is around $1500. I will be using the paw s1 with my laptop so portability is not a huge concern. If I do go for the WA11 I'd prefer a balanced cable so any suggestions on that are also welcome!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,050 of 1,824
I finally got me a set of these. Initial impressions are these are tonally fantastic sounding. More to come.

E90FCAB9-B9CC-4C06-97D9-61FC35B85DCE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back