Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Mar 16, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #1,007 of 1,833
20210316_131714.jpg

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,009 of 1,833
Getting mine replaced under warranty
It kind of sucks. For the price of the t1.3rd, I will do the same. I returned a t1.2nd once (pictured attached).
I bought the t1.3rd used. I am kind of disappointed with it. It has some minor details. The paint on one side of the earcup holder is faded ( you can see the silver material used) and there are some bends in the circular plastic that holds the driver dampening (the previous owner tried the headphones without the dampening).

IMG_3197.JPEG

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #1,011 of 1,833
That’s a known problem with the T1 headband some reason for some people (maybe how it fits on their head) they tend to do that with extended use after a year or two. I’ve had that happen on my T1.2. But it’s odd it happened so soon.
Yeah, I noticed when I first got them, but had my eye on it, it bugged me too much so I'm getting it replaced, I wouldn't mind if it was a year or two

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #1,013 of 1,833
The T1.3 have reduced it's price in several webshops, for example in Thomann.

But it's curious that if you order directly from Beyerdynamic, is still the original price.
I’ve been keeping an eye on the prices of the T1.3 here in the U.K. It’s pretty much full price everywhere if you want a sealed new one. This is curious as I purchased my Xelentos, T1.2, T5P 2nd Gen and Aventho Wired at greatly discounted prices of up to 35% off whilst they were still the current models.

I’m holding out for a little longer to see if the price does come down from U.K. suppliers.

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #1,014 of 1,833
I would be surprised if T1.3 has been a success in terms of sales-numbers for Beyerdynamic and that the price from retailers will go down soon. I think the Beyerdynamic price will stay where it is forever.

There has not been much talk about it and the new tuning has scared some people away. But I could be surprised. Maybe it has another audience than people in here? I can imagine that if it was sitting in the row of headphones like in Mediamarkt it impresses more with its bass and it could persuade some users there? But if they have bought some stock that they cannot get rid of there might be some good offers to look out for in the near future.

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #1,015 of 1,833
I would be surprised if T1.3 has been a success in terms of sales-numbers for Beyerdynamic and that the price from retailers will go down soon. I think the Beyerdynamic price will stay where it is forever.

There has not been much talk about it and the new tuning has scared some people away. But I could be surprised. Maybe it has another audience than people in here? I can imagine that if it was sitting in the row of headphones like in Mediamarkt it impresses more with its bass and it could persuade some users there? But if they have bought some stock that they cannot get rid of there might be some good offers to look out for in the near future.
They shoot themselfs in a foot! I dont know why they are so stubborn? They could easily add another damper that is less thicc and therefore people could use the one they prefer.
Also why nobody is making headband padding like Sennheiser make? Beyer should change headband adjusting mechanism completely, its kinda weak point.

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #1,016 of 1,833
They shoot themselfs in a foot! I dont know why they are so stubborn? They could easily add another damper that is less thicc and therefore people could use the one they prefer.
Also why nobody is making headband padding like Sennheiser make? Beyer should change headband adjusting mechanism completely, its kinda weak point.

I do think the T1.3 is a rather underrated headphone but they took the risk with a radically different tuning which offputs people who want the more traditional tuning. They could’ve added a second pair of pads like on the DT 1990 for a more normal tuning for example. That would be a more feasible option than changing out the foam. Honestly both Beyer and Senn are stubborn. They keep reusing the same basic design on their headphones for the most part. The headband does need to be redesigned on the Beyers, I hope there is no T1 gen 4 and instead the next flagship headphone Beyer releases many years from now uses a completely new driver tech.

I do think the T1.3 will slowly gain some popularity but it won’t be a quick hype machine success like others and may not ever be the same success as the T1.1 or T1.2. I wonder how high the serial numbers are on them now which should give some indication of how they are selling. I bought mine the day it came out and have a single digit serial number.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,017 of 1,833
I do think the T1.3 is a rather underrated headphone but they took the risk with a radically different tuning which offputs people who want the more traditional tuning. They could’ve added a second pair of pads like on the DT 1990 for a more normal tuning for example. That would be a more feasible option than changing out the foam. Honestly both Beyer and Senn are stubborn. They keep reusing the same basic design on their headphones for the most part. The headband does need to be redesigned on the Beyers, I hope there is no T1 gen 4 and instead the next flagship headphone Beyer releases many years from now uses a completely new driver tech.
Sleeping on laureals i would say. Unfortunately for them market these days is very aware of all products.
So much info and so much to choose from.
Early 2010 there was few choices when it came to headphones, amps and other stuff and now market is blooming.
Now manufactures need to respond faster.

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #1,018 of 1,833
Sleeping on laureals i would say. Unfortunately for them market these days is very aware of all products.
So much info and so much to choose from.
Early 2010 there was few choices when it came to headphones, amps and other stuff and now market is blooming.
Now manufactures need to respond faster.
Yeah that is true, they are old companies so are slower to adapt in many ways. Their core market, the professional market is fine but in terms of high end audiophile they have been slower to adapt though I have personally loved the sound and comfort of Beyers newer releases. There is a lot of choice now and Beyer needs to do something radical with their next major headphone to gain more attention as in something that is eye-catching and completely different. Sennheiser has the same problem, just refreshes/evolutions on previous tech, both companies need something entirely new but also fairly reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #1,019 of 1,833
I think from apart from slight quality control warranty issue I have had, I cannot fault them, but I can understand why people would be put off from the new tuning.
I also think alot of people take youtuber reviews for gospel and forget that it's all subjective, the 3rd gen have not had the best reviews regarding YouTube anyway, looks like people are swerving this gen

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,020 of 1,833
Could somebody describe this 'new tuning' please?

I'm interested from a T1.2 perspective. I use headphone amps with my T1.2's and they sound extremely good. However, they are a little bright and bass-light for me. I never use any EQ in any part of my audio chain as I like bit-perfect replay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back