Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Jan 2, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #901 of 1,833
Screenshot_20210102_215632.png

Do y'all agree with this graph as far as the upper midrange? I can see why people will be put off by T1 if this is relatively accurate.
That HD650 upper mids boost is definitely something I mildly dislike about it, while HD8DJ's upper mids dip is welcome to me, but puts off a number of people as well. HD800 (original, silver) also has an upper mids dip that puts a bunch of people off, if I recall correctly?
But T1's dip isn't on 5kHz they way I'd like, so I might dislike T1.3 as well. Only auditioning it in person would allow me to find out for certain.

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #902 of 1,833

Do y'all agree with this graph as far as the upper midrange? I can see why people will be put off by T1 if this is relatively accurate.
That HD650 upper mids boost is definitely something I mildly dislike about it, while HD8DJ's upper mids dip is welcome to me, but puts off a number of people as well. HD800 (original, silver) also has an upper mids dip that puts a bunch of people off, if I recall correctly?
But T1's dip isn't on 5kHz they way I'd like, so I might dislike T1.3 as well. Only auditioning it in person would allow me to find out for certain.

Owning both the Nighthawk and the T1.3, I would say the dip around 1.5-3khz is accurate. The presentation of the bass of the T1.3 and Nighthawk are very different though, the T1 is more dynamic and robust sounding. That dip is why many are put off. It’s a unique listen, if you ever do audition a pair I would try to give it a longer audition to see if you can adjust to its presentation or not. It personally grew on me a lot to where it is basically my favorite headphone, but ymmv.

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #903 of 1,833
I do tend to give headphones time. But as T1 is supposed to be even more impressive than my beloved T90, I'll definitely give it more time, haha.

The Nighthawk is pretty cool and I did somewhat like it, but the rubber suspensions on the cups are not. Literally what in the flying screw
I guess twist ties will do as replacements when they disintegrate, lol

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #904 of 1,833
Do you know other headphones that have a similar bass like the T 1.3? Preferably closed.

I don't know if a DT 1990 Pro mod with foam pads (the same as inside the T 1.3) will make the bass similar to T 1.3. I love and miss the T 1.3 bass for some of my metal music collection.

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #905 of 1,833
If the T1.3 is as "dynamic and robust" (much better than my pimped out DT770pro-250ohm running out of an audio-gd amp or HD700) as I expect, you'll be having a hard time finding the same in closed form.

DT1770 might come close after adding some polyfill to its resonant cups. Have you tried HD820 or K872? I would like to myself at some point in the future.

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #907 of 1,833

Great review!

First I’m glad that you are a boss fan, for me Springsteen is more than a « rock star », he is a piece of America history, he is a man that make music with the same honesty now than 50 years back, he is a man for which rock’n roll is not a business but it’s his way of life, he is a man that play on stage for you like he is your best friend, truly a rare person.
For people who speak french, France Culture radio (sort of BBC) has made a 10 hours program (yes ten hours) on Bruce life, recorded mainly in USA with interview of Bruce friends this program (with Born to run book as a guideline from begin to end) is a pure joy and is done by a true lover of Springsteen:
https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/grande-traversee-bruce-springsteen-lexperience-americaine

Back to T1.3, I have Xelento and I’m amazed by how musical and natural they are, used with the bigger stock tips the sound is really out of your head (no joke) and comfort is sublime. Would you say that T1.3 has the same sound signature than Xelento?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #908 of 1,833
Great review!

First I’m glad that you are a boss fan, for me Springsteen is more than a « rock star », he is a piece of America history, he is a man that make music with the same honesty now than 50 years back, he is a man for which rock’n roll is not a business but it’s his way of life, he is a man that play on stage for you like he is your best friend, truly a rare person.
For people who speak french, France Culture radio (sort of BBC) has made a 10 hours program (yes ten hours) on Bruce life, recorded mainly in USA with interview of Bruce friends this program (with Born to run book as a guideline from begin to end) is a pure joy and is done by a true lover of Springsteen.

Back to T1.3, I have Xelento and I’m amazed by how musical and natural they are, used with the bigger stock tips the sound is really out of your head (no joke) and comfort is sublime. Would you say that T1.3 has the same sound signature (from a FR perspective) than Xelento?

Thanks man. Being a child of the 1980s..."Born in the USA" was the album that go me hooked on The Boss! I've been a huge fan since that album. I also agree that the Xelento are great IEMs with a very natural sound, very much like the T1.3s.

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #909 of 1,833
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #913 of 1,833
After reading some reviews I decided to pull the trigger and I should get my T1.3 tomorrow. I was not initially planning to get them but recently I enjoyed the AKT1P which are darker and bassier than T1.1 and T1.2. I'll have the T1.3 running for a while before trying different combinations for fun, I have spare T1.1, T1.2, Dekoni Elite Velour and Dekoni Elite Fenestrated pads. Also looking forward to compare them against the T1.1, AKT1P, AKT5P, T90 headphones that I still have around. I tamed the T90 a bit by using T1.2 pads and they sound great but still quite bright in the Beyer's tradition. The AKT1P came factory with T1.2 pads. With T1.1 pads they sound very bright (brighter than T1.1 headphones) and less musical. A good comprise I found was to punch additional holes in the T1.2 pad to make it brighter but still less brigth than the heavily fenestrated T1.1 pad.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #914 of 1,833
Wish I understand Korean, but you can listen the demo T1.1 vs T1.3. T1.3 bass is soooo good.:L3000:

T1.1 vs T1.3 time 25:33 to 28:33
T1.3 vs T5.3 time 33:37 to 35:31

Listened to this thru my HD800s, T1.3 with A20 : so boring and recessed, T1.1 : the best

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #915 of 1,833
After reading some reviews I decided to pull the trigger and I should get my T1.3 tomorrow. I was not initially planning to get them but recently I enjoyed the AKT1P which are darker and bassier than T1.1 and T1.2. I'll have the T1.3 running for a while before trying different combinations for fun, I have spare T1.1, T1.2, Dekoni Elite Velour and Dekoni Elite Fenestrated pads. Also looking forward to compare them against the T1.1, AKT1P, AKT5P, T90 headphones that I still have around. I tamed the T90 a bit by using T1.2 pads and they sound great but still quite bright in the Beyer's tradition. The AKT1P came factory with T1.2 pads. With T1.1 pads they sound very bright (brighter than T1.1 headphones) and less musical. A good comprise I found was to punch additional holes in the T1.2 pad to make it brighter but still less brigth than the heavily fenestrated T1.1 pad.
Great...I'm also a T1.1 owner ...really wanna see how the 3rd gen compares to the 1st...I really love my 1st gen though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back