Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 12, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #542 of 1,824
They finally shipped yesterday...should have them next week. Can't wait!

I'm going to have to listen vicariously from your experiences for awhile. I am interested in buying these (big Beyerdynamic fan) but am waiting for them to be available to Mexico without paying $250 (plus customs etc) for shipping. Usually Amazon US will ship for a reasonable price so I hope they stock them soon.

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #543 of 1,824
Has there been a change of management ?? Beyerdynamic the original inventer of the HEADPHONE !!!. Eugen would be rolling in his grave. Even the fonts are rounded and soft on the new website. LIFEstyle virus is not good for a professional HiFI company. The T1 original is the best. the King. As is the Original Hd800. Because they are in poll position with stax. Then lcd 2 arrives - and we get cheap soft revisions catering to the market because. Even though audeze strives for more detail with ever more massless drivers!! Perhaps it would be better If the young blonde lady was an engineer and not a useless artist because the side of a building has nothing to do with sound engineering.

Agree with you on that, especially considering Meze Empyrean looks much more beautiful - a product by a much smaller startup company. I wonder what is the value added by the designer lady, just adding dots?! Why not make the headphone more comfortable, like an oval design for instance?..

Sep 13, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #544 of 1,824
Agree with you on that, especially considering Meze Empyrean looks much more beautiful - a product by a much smaller startup company. I wonder what is the value added by the designer lady, just adding dots?! Why not make the headphone more comfortable, like an oval design for instance?..

I do think the headphones could be prettier but they do look a bit better in person. The T1.2 and T1.3 are imho the most comfortable headphones I’ve owned, more oval headphone I’ve owned such as the HD 6XX, Nighthawk, etc. weren’t as comfortable so them being round I don’t mind personally.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #545 of 1,824
I do think the headphones could be prettier but they do look a bit better in person. The T1.2 and T1.3 are imho the most comfortable headphones I’ve owned, more oval headphone I’ve owned such as the HD 6XX, Nighthawk, etc. weren’t as comfortable so them being round I don’t mind personally.
I consider them pretty, and the T1.2 I tested a few years ago was also very comfortable.
I am not sure if I consider it the same now that I am used to the Empyrean.

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #546 of 1,824
Today I received the latest Beyerdynamic. If I sat in the third row with the T1.2, the mids were somewhat veiled, with the T1.3 I stand on the stage, with no veil in between. The music is presented with authority, at first it almost frightened me, after a few minutes I like it. I don't miss the T1.2.

The T1.3 is connected to the RME ADI-2 Dac, that fits well, the bass is perfect for me, by no means too much, it's not just the overtones that are displayed.

The T1.3 is musically coherent for me, pulls me into the music, much more than its predecessor, nothing is missing.

First résumé: The T1.3 is a clear leap up. Well done Beyerdynamic!

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #547 of 1,824
Did any T1.3 owners had compared the sound with and without the foams that are covering the drivers ? I'm curious to know if they sound brighter without them. So far I'm holding on my T1.1 because I love the brightness of them. Thanks

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #548 of 1,824
At least with the RMR ADI-2 Dac, the upper trebles fits. The mids are clearly audible compared to the predecessor. Listening without any symptoms of fatigue, probably because the sound representation is more believable for the ear.

The purchase was made directly from Beyerdynamic, a return is possible within 60 days without any questions, the postage stamp for return was enclosed with the headphone. That's what I call self-confidence!

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #549 of 1,824
Today I received the latest Beyerdynamic. If I sat in the third row with the T1.2, the mids were somewhat veiled, with the T1.3 I stand on the stage, with no veil in between. The music is presented with authority, at first it almost frightened me, after a few minutes I like it. I don't miss the T1.2.

The T1.3 is connected to the RME ADI-2 Dac, that fits well, the bass is perfect for me, by no means too much, it's not just the overtones that are displayed.

The T1.3 is musically coherent for me, pulls me into the music, much more than its predecessor, nothing is missing.

First résumé: The T1.3 is a clear leap up. Well done Beyerdynamic!

The music does have authority on the T1.3, makes the T1.2 sounds weak and thin in comparison and the T1.2 does sound a bit hazy in comparison. I view it as an overall upgrade than the T1.2 but it's also quite different too. But I don't really listen to the gen 2 anymore. The T1.3 is my number two Beyer now and it knocked off my T1.2 from that spot.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #550 of 1,824
The T1.3 is now connected to the IEM-out of the RME ADI-2 DAC, which drives the headphone without any problems and sounds a more silky than the PHONES-out. Love it!

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #551 of 1,824
The music does have authority on the T1.3, makes the T1.2 sounds weak and thin in comparison and the T1.2 does sound a bit hazy in comparison. I view it as an overall upgrade than the T1.2 but it's also quite different too. But I don't really listen to the gen 2 anymore. The T1.3 is my number two Beyer now and it knocked off my T1.2 from that spot.
1. DT 480 (modded)
2. Beyer T1 3rd

When will Beyer dethrone your personal favourite? And I think you have not tried the DT 48 yet :wink:

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #552 of 1,824
1. DT 480 (modded)
2. Beyer T1 3rd

When will Beyer dethrone your personal favourite? And I think you have not tried the DT 48 yet :wink:

Not sure honestly, the DT 480 is something special, something about it's sound really strikes an emotional chord and connects me with the music in a way no other headphone does and it has fantastic fidelity. I have heard the DT 48 multiple times actually. For something to dethrone it, it would have to strike an emotional cord/connect me to the music in the same way and be an everyday driver like the T1.3, T1.2, or the Amiron Home for me. The T1.3 comes the closest to doing that of any headphone I've owned so far.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #553 of 1,824
Hi, my T1 3rd gen just arrived and I have to say that I'm really disappointed. First of all, is not usable with my Burson Conductor Reference 3X, the hiss is absolutely horrible, even worse that my T5p2nd gen. Second, I don't like the sound signature in comparison with the T1 2nd gen Black, but maybe it gets better with burn in. Wathever, is coming back to Amazon... :disappointed:

20200915_160919.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #554 of 1,824
You say it's even brighter than the T1.2 while everyone is doing the opposite, I think there must be some problem other than rendering the headphone ? Is it a black T1.2 that we see on the photo in the background ?

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #555 of 1,824
You say it's even brighter than the T1.2 while everyone is doing the opposite, I think there must be some problem other than rendering the headphone ? Is it a black T1.2 that we see on the photo in the background ?
When I say it's brighter? sorry my english is basic. No, is darker, very dark, much more dark that my t1.2 black. The highs are muted and easy to listen, is very musical but I don't like the balance in the bass and mids. And yes, the T1.2 are in the background

Users who are viewing this thread

Back