Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #498 of 1,824
The peak is pretty balanced compared to the low end, and honestly about what I expected. That large cut, though, is surprising. It's possible that the measurement ears don't adequately reflect the pinna gain from the angled drivers, so the dip is less than measured here. Still more than on the 2nd gen, though.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #499 of 1,824
Huh. Is there really that much of a dip in the upper mids/low treble?

You need to be careful with measurements. There is definitely dip in mids / upper mids, but it is nowhere near as big as measurement shows. T1 has angled drivers and this will influence how your ear perceive those frequencies and it will make it more balanced. Also slight dip in mids / upper mids is good.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #500 of 1,824
7-9kHz peak looks insane. The dip on 5kHz seems pretty huge too.

I have already mentioned this before in my first impression that bass is slightly elevated, mids are slightly recessed and there is peak somewhere around 7k up. However, it is very high frequency so it cannot be heard on voices at all, and it actually creates some very unique and interesting spatial effects. Headphone is not sharp or sibilant at all.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #501 of 1,824
You need to be careful with measurements. There is definitely dip in mids / upper mids, but it is nowhere near as big as measurement shows. T1 has angled drivers and this will influence how your ear perceive those frequencies and it will make it more balanced. Also slight dip in mids / upper mids is good.
Read my comment directly above yours.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #502 of 1,824
7-9kHz peak looks insane. The dip on 5kHz seems pretty huge too.
Be careful: I zoomed in on the dB scale, so that looks really big. And as far as I know these dips can come from the angled drivers when measured with the EARS system (it is really cheap system).
You can compare my T1.2 measurement with the one from DIY-Audio Heaven:
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/t1-mk2/

Taking this into consideration, you can still see that the T1.3 is quite low in the upper mids and the treble is much lower.
The Focal Elear is much more linear in the mids, but also has the distinct dips which must be measurement error.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #503 of 1,824
Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #505 of 1,824
Same here, you all typed quicker than me. So you already know about the shortcomings of the EARS.
I don't want to push anyone away from the T1.3, it is just not the right headphone for me. If it would sound a bit brighter (but not as bright as the T1.2), I would have kept it.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #506 of 1,824
Sorry, I confused the graphics of the new and old versions. In this case, not everything is so bad. It's interesting to read more of direct comparisons of T1.2 and T1.3.

Sep 9, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #507 of 1,824
Can anyone help to post the comparison between T1.2, T1.3 and T90? I own T1.2 and T90, I like T1.2 very much but at the same time like the no boundary and hard impact feeling of T90, T1.2 sometime feel boxy compared to T90.

Sep 9, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #508 of 1,824
Can anyone help to post the comparison between T1.2, T1.3 and T90? I own T1.2 and T90, I like T1.2 very much but at the same time like the no boundary and hard impact feeling of T90, T1.2 sometime feel boxy compared to T90.
I have been watching this thread as a fairly new owner of the T1 Gen2. I am not quick to jump into the 1.3 as I am happy with the 1.2. I have a suggestion for those who use their computer as the source for their T1.2 or 1.3. If you try HQPlayer (free trail available) you may find that you can choose the filters and upsampling that matches your personal taste. It works for me. I get fantastic sound from my T1.2 using HQPlayer. Of course this is assuming you use the headphones at home with your computer. I have no connection to the makers of HQPlayer, I am just a very satisfied user. I find it can make any headphone sound better. Just a friendly suggestion.

Sep 9, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #510 of 1,824
We know high mids are nasty but gen 3 has recessed 1.5-2k area as well which takes away the bites of electro instruments. I prefer smaller, slower decay here. High bass and low mids is a bit too much. I wonder how is it compared to balanced pad 1990 in that area. I like 8-11k double head peak but its dropping early in the high treble air area. Again slower drop until 16k would be better.

This is not a proper measurement and i don't know which compensation is used but thanks for sharing. It gives an idea at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back