Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Aug 30, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #181 of 1,824
I guess we gotta wait till it's officially out to be reviewed. I don't know why there is the T5.3, I mean they look very same to each other. I like the T5.3 more than the T1.3 in terms of design.

And 3m cable lenght? What?

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #182 of 1,824
This should have the price of 1770/1990's imo. Audiophile version of their studio headphones. This doesn't look expensive totl. I guess they are going for high margin.

That’s the Amiron Home, which is the audiophile version of the DT 1770/1990 as they use the same drivers basically. The T1/T5 always used different drivers that are angled. The T1/T5 use a metal driver capsule whereas it’s plastic on the DT 1770/1990 and Amiron Home. The driver membrane is basically the same on all of them though with likely different tolerances. They look similar in quality until you look at the driver, it’s quite obvious the T1/T5 driver is notably more expensive to make so I do expect some price increase due to that.

That website with the information is from Singapore, no idea what the prices in the US, Canada, or Europe will be for instance.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #183 of 1,824
GGWfe30.jpg

eOJOiUt.jpg

6JsXSSu.jpg

source: https://webcache.googleusercontent....neration-over-the-ear-headphone.html+&cd=8&hl
It seems to me like they're using the AKT1p as the benchmark/platform for the T1.3, presumably because they think that lower impedance = more customers. It'll be interesting to see if this disengages fans of previous gen T1's, or actually works. Like everything, we won't know until we've had a chance to hear it...

Aug 31, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #186 of 1,824
3rd have slight lower sensitivity (100db) compare 2nd and original (102db), so they indeed change driver design.
Yes AKT1p is 102db too. So they are at least not clone of that headphone. Looking at cups and pads my impression it's less open and pads are stiffer. T1.2 were close to Amiron Home. T1.3 feels like closer to DT 1990. Honestly bass response of DT 1990 and soundstage + treble resolve of T1 seems promising :) I don't care impedance or sensitivity but Beyer generally compromises when it comes to lower impedance so i still prefer 600 ohm from them. 32 ohm definitely sells more.

Aug 31, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #187 of 1,824
It reaches 124db with
Yes AKT1p is 102db too. So they are at least not clone of that headphone. Looking at cups and pads my impression it's less open and pads are stiffer. T1.2 were close to Amiron Home. T1.3 feels like closer to DT 1990. Honestly bass response of DT 1990 and soundstage + treble resolve of T1 seems promising :) I don't care impedance or sensitivity but Beyer generally compromises when it comes to lower impedance so i still prefer 600 ohm from them. 32 ohm definitely sells more.
I don't think they compromise thier flagship model

Aug 31, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #189 of 1,824
I pray it's good, so i can finally stop buying headphones. Although as everyone else, I'm worried at the impendence being 32 ohm .. what the hell is up with that? I'd be happy with 250 ohm if they lowered it but not 32.
Maybe new driver technology who knows there is also the meze empyrean with 32 ohms and is miles ahead sound wise

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #190 of 1,824
Maybe new driver technology who knows there is also the meze empyrean with 32 ohms and is miles ahead sound wise

The Empyrean is a planar mag, totally different driver technology. There are excellent low impedance dynamic drivers like the Foster bio-cellulose drivers, but for Beyer they have historically just used wider diameter wire for the coils in low impedance variants that have resulted in less damped performance. . . could be the new gen is radically different, but it would be a departure for Beyer for sure.

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #191 of 1,824
Beyerdynamic have patented a manufacturing process for a type of formerless voice coil. It eliminates manual manufacturing steps which reduces cost and improves quality. It also mentions that weight can be optimised.

patents.google.com/patent/DE102016114

There's also a patent for an acoustic absorber disc:

https://patents.google.com/patent/DE102018126823A1

It seems hopeful that the T1.3 will have a new driver design; some of the photos seem to show a different material over the driver and baffle. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if beyerdynamic are using a formerless voice coil, it could be possible to simultaneously reduce impedance and moving mass (as Focal have done).

Aug 31, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #192 of 1,824
It seems hopeful that the T1.3 will have a new driver design; some of the photos seem to show a different material over the driver and baffle. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if beyerdynamic are using a formerless voice coil, it could be possible to simultaneously reduce impedance and moving mass (as Focal have done).

If that is indeed the case they will probably call it the T2 rather than the T1.3 since it is going to be fundamentally different.

Aug 31, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #194 of 1,824
Their closed back is T5 so i don't think it they gonna use 1-2-3 upgrade route like smartphones.
The point is that the driver generation (Tx.x, Amiron, 1990, 1770 etc) is named Tesla, and the 'Tesla' models are Beyer's signature designs for this driver gen. . .

Totally new driver? Kind of makes sense not to name it as an iteration of the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back