Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #376 of 464
well then I should mention something I use the EQ in my asus xonar dg sound card to raise the 30hz bass to +12 something people here say never to do BUT when I do it, it sounds sooo much better to me.

Raising the EQ and routing the sound through the toslink cable to the SMSL DAC/AMP creates major problem also going back directly on my Asus Xonar DG all the harsh ear pain goes away. There is SOMETHING about the Xonar DG that completely fixes every problem I have with this SHP 9500

So now I know what must be done, cirrus logic sound signature is for me after all. Burr Brown too thin and bright and focused for me.

The real question is how do I sell this SMSL now its gonna be hard to sell this in my country. Its less than a month old I wonder if Amazon will allow me to return it? I will have to pay for international shipping to return this to them. Or I could try to sell it at a loss locally it was my fault I saw Burr Brown DAC and went like ooh yeah thats awesome and it comes in a cool aluminum casing with a convenient manual volume dial.

I thought you said the clamp issue caused you mental problems from ships lol I think it was you. Really funny statement. That can is very strange mine looks nothing like original anymore fixing it's quirks.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #377 of 464

Finally finished with all the mods on these.

This is NOT a v-shaped response at all. Very neutral with slight sizzle up top but not nearly as harsh as stock.
Better than Alpha Dogs. Comfort and seal increased. Wider, airy soundstage, tighter bass and more resolution across the board compared to stock. Will post guide hopefully within a week when I have time.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #378 of 464
Has anyone had any experience with MrSpeakers ETHER C pads with these cans? Right now i have the Alpha Pads, and they are very comfortable. Unfortunately i tried to get them off for the first time after 5 weeks (this is their age), it got ripped hard. It's not even going through the seam line, but ripped randomly. :frowning2:

So now i'm thinking about the Ether pads. They are a bit bigger as i know, but do they fit DT770-s better, how is their comfort?

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #379 of 464
  Has anyone had any experience with MrSpeakers ETHER C pads with these cans? Right now i have the Alpha Pads, and they are very comfortable. Unfortunately i tried to get them off for the first time after 5 weeks (this is their age), it got ripped hard. It's not even going through the seam line, but ripped randomly. :frowning2:

So now i'm thinking about the Ether pads. They are a bit bigger as i know, but do they fit DT770-s better, how is their comfort?

Do the alpha pads sound better than the stock 770v?

I saw a pic and they look SO BEASTLY, i couldn't believe it.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #380 of 464

I've tried the Ether C pads with the DT770 but instantly went "nah". I can't recall what was wrong but it didn't sound good.
On comfort level I find the Ether C pads a lot better than the Alpha pads.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #381 of 464
I finally got my DT770 250Ohms from Amazon today (waited over a month as the first one they sent out got lost in transit!) and I'm loving them.

Paired with the FiiO E17K DAC/AMP and my phone running USB Audio Player PRO. I'm really pleased with the clarity and clean audio coming out. I'm upgrading from Fischer Audio FA-001's which really pales to these.

My only question is... anyone have suggestions on a hardcase for these? I'm tempted to get a Slappa - a few people have said it fits their DT770's but one person said the case presses against the cable. That was enough to second guess the idea...

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #382 of 464
I have the angular Alpha Pads, and to my subjective hearing you lose some higher pitched clarity (if that's the right word here), because of the longer distance between your ears and drivers i suppose. Many people say you gain a bit of soundstage and more controlled bass, but i haven't noticed it. But honestly i haven't done any good source comparison tests. I'm running them through E11k and at least with the 250 ohm version i strongly recommend getting something more juicier. These things need a good amp.

But i ordered them just because of comfort. They are on a completely different comfort level than the original pads, at least to me. But again, i've read about people preferring the stock ones because of better comfort. It's a subjective thing.

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #383 of 464
I give you.. the franken770's! My left driver suffered death so I had been holding onto my 770 housing waiting for a thrashed set of DT's to come about.

I was able to acquire a well used pair of Custom One Pro's for very cheap and this is the result. I had to use both driver cover pads from the COP and my pair of DTs to make the treble and bass just right (I've got new pads) but these sound better than my original 770s without a doubt. I was also able to switch over the behind driver felt and surround ring+foams onto the COP 16 ohm drivers.

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #384 of 464
I give you.. the franken770's! My left driver suffered death so I had been holding onto my 770 housing waiting for a thrashed set of DT's to come about.

I was able to acquire a well used pair of Custom One Pro's for very cheap and this is the result. I had to use both driver cover pads from the COP and my pair of DTs to make the treble and bass just right (I've got new pads) but these sound better than my original 770s without a doubt. I was also able to switch over the behind driver felt and surround ring+foams onto the COP 16 ohm drivers.

They sound better? That's surprising. If mine should fail (770.80), i would be tempted to slap in the tesla drivers. This guy sells em on ebay from time to time for around 100 i think from t70/t5p

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #386 of 464
The entire 770 dampening swapped into the COP driver so.. yeah, also, my 770 had been limping :p those drivers are tempting but... My money is best invested in a HE-560. $50 I was OK with. That guy also wants $15 shipping.

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #387 of 464
  Can you give me a link?

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/idolaudio?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

theres usually all sorts of drivers up for sale from 1350s, 770-990s to t1!

if you do get them and try and whacky frankenstein stuff let me know pls
happy_face1.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #388 of 464
I'm not sure if the T70 drivers would drop in but it looks like none of the dampening hardware is included with the drivers on eBay so I'm glad I got the COPs for dirt cheap. Eh, it's $50.. I've already milked WAY too many years from these headphones haha.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #389 of 464
T70 drivers would indeed just drop into a DT770 housing.  T90, DT880, T1, and DT990 are all using the same cups, effectively, ignoring the acoustic dampening, then DT770 has nearly the same cups as T70.  COP is using a DT770/880/990 driver variant.  Knowing this, you can pretty much make different headphones like a 16-ohm DT880 or 250-ohm COP.
I missed out on T1 1st gen drivers from that seller, would have loved to try those drivers in a DT990 housing.  Oh well.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #390 of 464
How are they dampened though? As the 770 has a rear felt cap, and felt/plastic surround ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back