Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Jul 14, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #31 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by nburge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the cable on my dt770 80 ohm is aprox 8-9 feet long and straight wellbuilt cable.

Thank you, this should be long enough.

Urgh.. i really don't know which to get now. I guess it's either the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros, Audio Technica A700s, AD700s or A900s. I'm not liking what i'm hearing about these Beyers now, but i was really set on getting them. Any more opinions?

Also, if i buy headphones from Audio Cubes, is there any chance i'll get hit by import charges or anything if i get them delivered to the UK? Their prices seem too good to be true.

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #33 of 97
DT 770's being difficult to drive is complete BS. I was able to drive them fine off a zune for chirst sakes. I wouldnt listen to anything d-cee says after hearing that statement alone.

D-cee you were using pro 80... what year? newer ones, older ones....?

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #34 of 97
why not just get both and return or sell the ones you like less. Thats what I always do...

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #35 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT 770's being difficult to drive is complete BS. I was able to drive them fine off a zune for chirst sakes. I wouldnt listen to anything d-cee says after hearing that statement alone.

^^^^^ I agree, I use a D2 to drive my 770/80 and it sounds fine and more importantly, LOUD
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #37 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just get both and return or sell the ones you like less. Thats what I always do...

What retailers in the UK allow this? This sounds like a very good idea. EsthetiX, do you think i should get the 770s over the AT A700s or AD700s?

Heh, that's fine driftingbunnies; so it is 3m long, right?
Also, DoubleEs, what's a D2?

I still can't decide between the above 3 headphones; i want to get the Beyers, but i don't want the overpowering bass to drown out mid and high frequencies like footsteps, for example.

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #39 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What retailers in the UK allow this? This sounds like a very good idea. EsthetiX, do you think i should get the 770s over the AT A700s or AD700s?

Heh, that's fine driftingbunnies; so it is 3m long, right?
Also, DoubleEs, what's a D2?

I still can't decide between the above 3 headphones; i want to get the Beyers, but i don't want the overpowering bass to drown out mid and high frequencies like footsteps, for example.

I dont feel like I should comment on what you should choose. I was just laying down the facts. The truth of the matter is I think they're all great headphones and you can't go wrong with any of them. The reason I purchased 770's over the others was because my research led me to believe they were the funnest to listen to. I can comment that the bass on the beyers does not overpower the other frequencies. The bass is actually very lovely. It works well. You wont have an issue hearing footsteps haha. I have not tried the AD700/900's, I did spend a lot of time looking into them as well but I just ended up going with the 770's. I sold them and I miss them.

So really, I can't recommend one over the other. I'm just saying that my experience with the 770's was a happy one. Just to sum things up, my true opinion is that regardless of which you choose it should not impact your gaming performance in the way that it appears you seem to feel it could.

I'm not sure how vendors in the UK work but I really think that may be a good option since you seem so apprehensive.

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #40 of 97
Quote:

Mmm, the A700 and AD700 seem like pretty good deals. I don't know if the DT770 Pros would have too much bass, though; i mean, will i be missing out on a lot of the mids with these phones?

This may help you a little.

graphCompare.php

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #41 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may help you a little.

graphCompare.php

except that that graph has no AD700 in it... hehe
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #43 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No kidding...

HeadRoom needs to update their graphs.

yah what the heck. there's soooo much stuff they dont even have. They never update it. Any idea why not?

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #44 of 97
Quote:

But, i was wondering, even these 80 ohm cans, will they be OK without an amp?

Thank you.

Oh of course!

I highly recommend the DT770pro for gaming and music listening for the budget. If this is your intro into high end audio, you will be very pleased. Only after you have heard many headphones and found your 'sonic signature' will you be able to say whether getting the beyers was the best thing, or if you would have prefered others, but like I say... you won't know that until you try many headphones.

The DT770pro are closed, and very good for gaming. Some people call them headphones for 'bassheads'... not quite. They are ultra comfy, and great for extendend gaming sessions.

Edit: I hate to say this, but after you get these headphones, you may never want to use your speakers again.

~Hope this helps

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #45 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: I hate to say this, but after you get these headphones, you may never want to use your speakers again.

It's true, I have some really nice krk rockit monitors (speakers). I always wanted to use my 770's though. They're just so fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back