Beyerdynamic DT 440
May 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

missleman101

Head-Fier
so its been about 8 monthes since i bought my first pair of cans , a pair of beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80ohms. i absoluty love them. now im in the market for a pair of open ear headphones. i really like my dt 770's but their bass monsters and i want something with a little more mids and highs. also i was looking for something that i could use portable, and the fact that the dt770 pros dont have swiveling ear cups annoys me be cause they do not sit well at ll on my neck.

So i was thinking about the DT 440s , and i just wanted to see people opinions on them or if they had anything else to suggest to better suit my needs. my price range is around $200 if that helps

on a side note , i was also looking at the grado SRi80 and the beyerdynamic DT990 pros 250 ohm, so if you have anything to say about those cans also, dont been shy and chime in.

May 31, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 3
Good to see an often overlooked and underrated pair of cans get some attention. The DT440 is very nice sounding and will have less bass than the DT770. Keep in mind that the DT440 is an open headphone and so will not isolate and noise and will leak a lot.

May 31, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 3
yeah i know , i just want a pair of cans that i can wear on my neck comfortably when talking to friends but still have an all around good sound and have something that  can run good without an amp. the dt770s are what i go to when i want to drop the bass lol. do you know anything about the ATH AD-700?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back