Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Dec 18, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #2,836 of 3,701
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #2,838 of 3,701
Do they affect/change the sound?

The angled ones do, a little, because the speakers are farther from your ears and the pads give a better seal. I have difficulty describing the resulting sound. Perhaps a bit softer and darker, but only slightly. All I can say for sure is, the change does not bother me.

I don't recall if the non-angled pads caused any change; like the originals they allowed my big auricles to press uncomfortably against the speakers, so I didn't leave them on for long. Like the angled pads, they at minimum may provide a better seal than the stock pads.

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #2,839 of 3,701
The angled ones do, a little, because the speakers are farther from your ears and the pads give a better seal. I have difficulty describing the resulting sound. Perhaps a bit softer and darker, but only slightly. All I can say for sure is, the change does not bother me.

I don't recall if the non-angled pads caused any change; like the originals they allowed my big auricles to press uncomfortably against the speakers, so I didn't leave them on for long. Like the angled pads, they at minimum may provide a better seal than the stock pads.
Thanks!

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #2,841 of 3,701
Hi.Just ordered the dt1770pro.Anyone compared them to the xelento remote iems? I got them too.But i like headphones best.I also got the focal elears,wich i might sell.They sound great,but lacks a little bass for my taste.I listen to all kind of genres,but mostly rock and electronica :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #2,842 of 3,701
Has anyone used the 1770 on the Woo Audio WA6?

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #2,843 of 3,701
got the dt1770 yesterday.Just listenened for them a short time,but i i hear a warm and punchy sound with good bass.Just my taste.Not like the p9s that where too dark sounding and overwhelming bass that maskered details.Gonna take an A/B with my focal elears later and see if the elears will get an new home :p The dt 1770 had good isolation.So good that i could listening to them while my wife watched a movie on the stereo while i was using these.Of course with no music on,i could hear the movie and talking,but with music it was not much i heard from the movie. :D

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #2,844 of 3,701
Tested the dt1770 against bowers and wilkins px.No suprise,the px was no match.I thought the px sounded flat and boring against the 1770.Of course the px is wireless an beyers wired.I used the chord mojo with the beyer.I really like the sound.Ive always missed some bass and warmth in many headphones i have owned,but now i finally got it. :D :D :D

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #2,845 of 3,701
got the dt1770 yesterday.Just listenened for them a short time,but i i hear a warm and punchy sound with good bass.Just my taste.Not like the p9s that where too dark sounding and overwhelming bass that maskered details.Gonna take an A/B with my focal elears later and see if the elears will get an new home :p The dt 1770 had good isolation.So good that i could listening to them while my wife watched a movie on the stereo while i was using these.Of course with no music on,i could hear the movie and talking,but with music it was not much i heard from the movie. :D

Tested the dt1770 against bowers and wilkins px.No suprise,the px was no match.I thought the px sounded flat and boring against the 1770.Of course the px is wireless an beyers wired.I used the chord mojo with the beyer.I really like the sound.Ive always missed some bass and warmth in many headphones i have owned,but now i finally got it. :D :D :D
I think you have to bear in mind that the Beyer 'house sound' is very different to the B&W sound-signature. I too tried the P9's, but sent them back after a very brief time for similar reasons you cite. The bass on the P9's was just too much, and they sounded bloated and bottom-heavy compared to the other cans I own. Saying that, a lot of people love the P9's...??
It's no surprise that wired 1770's trounce wireless PX's. However, you're comparing 'apples to oranges' there. The PX's used wirelessly don't really stand a chance compared to wired 1770's. However, I own the P7W's, and I gotta say that they're the best wireless cans I own, and are great for on the move, untethered. That's where the B&W wireless range come into their own.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,846 of 3,701
Does anyone have the DX200? Does it drive the DT1770s?

Jan 13, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #2,847 of 3,701
so how did the DT1770s compare to the focals? Im seriously considering these :)

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #2,848 of 3,701
so how did the DT1770s compare to the focals? Im seriously considering these :)

I found that both have their strenghts,so im going to keep the both of them.The dt1770 has exelent bass,but i was suprised that the elears was no slow mo either.I think the elears are an good all rounder for all genres.The dt1770 are perfect for edm,hip hop,metal and pop music :) One thing i like with the dt1770 is the isolation.Its perfect to use,when my wife or kid are watching tv :)

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #2,849 of 3,701
Does anyone have the DX200? Does it drive the DT1770s?
Taking into account that it can go up to 6V through its balanced output, it should squeeze the last drop of juice out of the DT1770s.
The DX80 you've also got is a small beast that can move really well those Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back