Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Oct 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2,401 of 3,701
Gentlemen,

Could this be a good upgrade cable worth its price at $55 for DT 1770?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-5m-5ft-L-type-plug-6core-4N-OCC-Silver-plated-Headphone-Cable-Upgrade-Cable-for/900546_2038486076.html

Handmade/6-core/ 4N /OCC Silver plated/ clear Teflon sleeve insulator material
1.5m
$55

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #2,402 of 3,701
I don't know about you guys, but the more I listen to these, the more I'm digging them. Dollar for dollar, these just rock. They are built fantastically, the bass rocks, the midrange is smooth and excellent and the highs are detailed yet but not overly aggressive. Soundstage is very nice for a closed back and they are comfortable. Im not the biggest fan of the leather pads, I think they can get a bit boomy and the velour is also more comfortable. But yeah, these things are really very good headphones that I think compete very well in their price category. They do make me interested in the 1990's since I like them so much, however, that one is signicantly more expensive since it's pretty new right now. Although, since I really like these, I'm sure I'd like those too.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #2,403 of 3,701
I don't know about you guys, but the more I listen to these, the more I'm digging them. Dollar for dollar, these just rock. They are built fantastically, the bass rocks, the midrange is smooth and excellent and the highs are detailed yet but not overly aggressive. Soundstage is very nice for a closed back and they are comfortable. Im not the biggest fan of the leather pads, I think they can get a bit boomy and the velour is also more comfortable. But yeah, these things are really very good headphones that I think compete very well in their price category. They do make me interested in the 1990's since I like them so much, however, that one is signicantly more expensive since it's pretty new right now. Although, since I really like these, I'm sure I'd like those too.

DT 1770 is a giver. :)

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #2,404 of 3,701

If you like the DT 1770 it's pretty much a given you will like the DT 1990.

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,405 of 3,701

I feel like either my head needs retuning or I got a duff pair of 1770s, because I'd say the bass is simply adequate, and doesn't really stand out as particularly steller. It's there and seems accurate enough, but too often sounds almost overpowered by the mids which can get a bit "shouty" on some recordings (this out of both a Woo WA7 and Meridian Explorer). A bass monster this is not... more of a mids-monster. Certainly nothing like the more "fun" bassier balance of the 770s. The highs in the 1770 are, however, pretty nice and soundstage is certainly impressive for closed cans.  

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #2,406 of 3,701

I feel like either my head needs retuning or I got a duff pair of 1770s, because I'd say the bass is simply adequate, and doesn't really stand out as particularly steller. It's there and seems accurate enough, but too often sounds almost overpowered by the mids which can get a bit "shouty" on some recordings (this out of both a Woo WA7 and Meridian Explorer). A bass monster this is not... more of a mids-monster. Certainly nothing like the more "fun" bassier balance of the 770s. The highs in the 1770 are, however, pretty nice and soundstage is certainly impressive for closed cans.  

I agree. DT 1770's highs are there always, sweet and controlled enough, no matter which amp; mids get bolder, if any particular amp is for mids; but, bass, bass is hard to be made super bassy without spoiling it no matter which amp one seems to think of. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,409 of 3,701
DT 1770 (dynamic) vs Ether C (planar) comparisons, anyone?

Curious... although the Ether is almost three times as expensive so I sure hope they sound better. A comparison I'm more curious about is the (similarly priced) Fostex TH-X00. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #2,410 of 3,701
Curious... although the Ether is almost three times as expensive so I sure hope they sound better. A comparison I'm more curious about is the (similarly priced) Fostex TH-X00. 

Better SQ could blot out the price difference, sometimes. :) It ain't an upgrade until it truely upgrades. Ether drivers are said to be, I am not certain, two Tesla fast, a fact that surely helps SQ. I am curious about DT 1990 vs Elear too.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2,411 of 3,701
I'll compare during the weekend, but at the moment, the Flows basically shows all the flaws of the DT1770 (i.e. weirdo mids with scooped sound, artificial highs, bloated bass response). But then, the Ether might sound a bit "thin" by comparison (and no, it doesn't lack bass IMO, it just seems to be just a tiny bit treble happy).

Initial impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/t/814156/mrspeakers-ether-flow-and-ether-c-flow-inspired-by-electrostatic-headphones/2385#post_12929301

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,412 of 3,701
Unfortunately, any headphone with some bass response/body falls into the bloated bass category for many. Instead, I find many cans to be bass anemic to what a nice pair of speakers plus sub provides in the bass department. Especially for the genres of music I like, which is mostly electronic.

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #2,414 of 3,701
So, t90 or dt1770 is better? I have my friend using t90, wanna know which one is bettee

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #2,415 of 3,701
So, t90 or dt1770 is better? I have my friend using t90, wanna know which one is bettee

The one you like will be the better one!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back