Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Feb 26, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,756 of 3,701
Could you try? I heard on thus threaf they fit. About to order but will wait for your response.

This case fits the DT1770:
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/dt-hard-case.html

It was included with the T90 Anniversary Edition, which I own so I tried it with that one.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,758 of 3,701
Possibly buried deep if memory, recollection serves, but search yields a negative - is there a cable of 1.5m approximation that can be accompanied and purchased for greater portability for the Dt1770?

All cables for AKG K702 are compatible.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #1,760 of 3,701
I've just taken delivery of some DT 1770's. It's early days but I have to say I'm extremely impressed. I've been away from the head-fi scene for a few years and I was after a new pair of closed cans. I auditioned the PM-3 and really liked it but I thought the bass was lacking a little bit in definition, also vocals were really nicely presented but felt really close in a strange way. After doing a bit of research and seeing a reasonably priced second hand pair I bought DT-1770s on impulse.

Loving them so far. I think they're really well balanced. The most impressive thing for me is the texture and definition of the bass. Really outstanding. I sold off most of my headphones a few years ago and my favorite setup was probably my HD-600's connected to a Woo Audio 3. I have to say I think the DT-1770 edge them out in most areas for me but probably not soundstage. These have a nice sense of space between instruments but its not quite so easy to position them in your mind. I am aware that your are going to get a bit of a compromise on soundstage with closed cans.

I'll do a better review of them in the coming days. 

Oh and I'm powering them with a Fiio Q1 
redface.gif
 ( might have to do something about that.. but it still sounds great!)

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,761 of 3,701
I've just taken delivery of some DT 1770's. It's early days but I have to say I'm extremely impressed. I've been away from the head-fi scene for a few years and I was after a new pair of closed cans. I auditioned the PM-3 and really liked it but I thought the bass was lacking a little bit in definition, also vocals were really nicely presented but felt really close in a strange way. After doing a bit of research and seeing a reasonably priced second hand pair I bought DT-1770s on impulse.

Loving them so far. I think they're really well balanced. The most impressive thing for me is the texture and definition of the bass. Really outstanding. I sold off most of my headphones a few years ago and my favorite setup was probably my HD-600's connected to a Woo Audio 3. I have to say I think the DT-1770 edge them out in most areas for me but probably not soundstage. These have a nice sense of space between instruments but its not quite so easy to position them in your mind. I am aware that your are going to get a bit of a compromise on soundstage with closed cans.

Oh and I'm powering them with a Fiio Q1 :xf_eek:  ( might have to do something about that.. but it still sounds great!)
Couldn't agree more w/you. Just sit back and enjoy now.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #1,762 of 3,701

Oh and I'm powering them with a Fiio Q1 
redface.gif
 ( might have to do something about that.. but it still sounds great!)

Good to see you around still :)

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,763 of 3,701
Just had a quick comparison of DT-1770 and Ether-C. So far I'm getting more impressed with DT-1770. I listened to a few Eagles songs tonight. The Ether-C is overall thinner sounding than DT-1770. The bass quantity and texture in DT1770 is greater and pronunced than Ether-C to a point that makes Ether-C bass deprived.

Also the DT-1770 has a noticeable wider soundstage. It's like I'm seated on row 1 while the music is being performed in an imaginary stage. Whereas with Ether-C it feels I moved back at least 5 rows back. I also notice the depth of the stage is well defined on DT1770 while Ether-C in comparison is a bit flat or compressed.

This impression is done with Samsung GalaxyS4 and Hugo as the source.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #1,764 of 3,701
Hi, how many of you prefer pleather over velour using mojo? I have never changed pads before - noob here. Preference is for something that sounds different from Nighthawk

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #1,765 of 3,701
Hi, how many of you prefer pleather over velour using mojo? I have never changed pads before - noob here. Preference is for something that sounds different from Nighthawk

I use pleather with my DT1770s and my mojo. I found using the velours reduces the bass and brings the treble out and gives the sound a more fluffy texture. The bass with the pleathers is rock solid.

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #1,766 of 3,701
I use pleather with my DT1770s and my mojo. I found using the velours reduces the bass and brings the treble out and gives the sound a more fluffy texture. The bass with the pleathers is rock solid.

Can explain what is fluffy :D, I bought this headphones looking for either neutral or a HAH signature

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,767 of 3,701

Can explain what is fluffy :D, I bought this headphones looking for either neutral or a HAH signature

The sound has less impact and a softer edge to it in regards to the bass at least. The treble sounds a bit sibilant on some songs with the velours.

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,768 of 3,701
The sound has less impact and a softer edge to it in regards to the bass at least. The treble sounds a bit sibilant on some songs with the velours.

Have you heard the Nighthawk with Mojo, don't want the 2 of them to sound too similar, can I say with velour the sound is brighter?

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #1,770 of 3,701
Mine have gone up for sale, I tried to like them, but they are just to dark, to much of a contrast to my home system. Only a week and a half old too.

If the DT1770 is too dark compared to your home system, then that home system of yours is not my piece of cake for sure :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back