Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Feb 21, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,711 of 3,701
If only T5p.2 has more bass and less energy on the high, it would be perfect.

Yup, I ab the 1770 and t5p.2 at canjam, walked away with the 1770. The T5p.2 had the typical beyer sound, thin and trebly

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #1,712 of 3,701
If only T5p.2 has more bass and less energy on the high, it would be perfect.

I just saw your profile and saw that we like the exact same headphones

Nighthawk, DT 1770 and the prototype TH610 - totally same tastes...

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,714 of 3,701
Great minds hear alike
tongue.gif

Haha, I am also using the IDSD Micro and liked the HEK ( too bad it is open backed)

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #1,716 of 3,701
After my initial impressions coming from 770's, I went into another shop today and compared the 1770's to the 990 pro 250's and the 1770's killed them.
Such a big difference between these and it's older brothers. So solid and present sounding.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,717 of 3,701
These are ridiculously good cans. I can't help but think beyers shot themselves in the foot cos IMO these are better than the t1s and t90s.

I love the sturdy build and detachable cables. It all feels quality. If only it came with a slightly more diminutive carrying case.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,718 of 3,701
These are ridiculously good cans. I can't help but think beyers shot themselves in the foot cos IMO these are better than the t1s and t90s.

I love the sturdy build and detachable cables. It all feels quality. If only it came with a slightly more diminutive carrying case.

If only it came dual terminated so I can easily go balanced.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #1,720 of 3,701
Can anyone recommend a smaller case for these where I won't have to detach the cable every time I put them away?

The new T5p has such a case. As the form factor is nearly identical with the DT1770 it should fit. But I am afraid, that it is not really compact anymore.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #1,721 of 3,701
The new T5p has such a case. As the form factor is nearly identical with the DT1770 it should fit. But I am afraid, that it is not really compact anymore.

Thanks. I can't get over how good these sound. Their speed and lack of grain kinda remind me of a planar can. To my ears theyre just as detailed as the t1s, but its just not as immediately apparent due to the lovely warm bass slam. The bass in these cans force you to groove to the music. I love thr tautness and texture.

I like the subtle change in sound the pads provide too.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #1,722 of 3,701
Thanks. I can't get over how good these sound. Their speed and lack of grain kinda remind me of a planar can. To my ears theyre just as detailed as the t1s, but its just not as immediately apparent due to the lovely warm bass slam. The bass in these cans force you to groove to the music. I love thr tautness and texture.

I like the subtle change in sound the pads provide too.

Same here, The more I listen the more I like it over the Ether-C. The bass is planar-like in terms of depth and speed not the typical dynamic driver like the T1 or the HD800.Yet the mids and treble is still a clear and detailed as T1. 

I think those who don't like the T1 because they find it bright might have a good chance to like the DT1770. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #1,723 of 3,701

Same here, The more I listen the more I like it over the Ether-C. The bass is planar-like in terms of depth and speed not the typical dynamic driver like the T1 or the HD800.Yet the mids and treble is still a clear and detailed as T1. 

I think those who don't like the T1 because they find it bright might have a good chance to like the DT1770. 

And the best thing is, they get even better the longer I have them. The velour got softer the touch is perfect now, and the sound is very fluid now.  Bought them in September 2015.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,724 of 3,701

And the best thing is, they get even better the longer I have them. The velour got softer the touch is perfect now, and the sound is very fluid now.  Bought them in September 2015.

I like the pleather better. Better Isolation and big bass impact. Also lesser noise bleeding out. I am using it on commutes the past few days.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,725 of 3,701

Yeah you're right about the planar like bass. I could probably sell off my th900s and be content with these I'm that impressed by them. They sound good with anything I've thrown at 'em. I'm currently just using mine through my Mojo and I'm delightfully surprised and the quality and cleanliness of the sound I'm getting. To my ears they have the perfect balance of treble where tonality and detail don't seem to be compromised yet they're not zingy and artificial.

They honestly sound like an amalgamation of some of my favourite past headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back