Beyerdynamic DT 1350 vs Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii
Nov 8, 2011 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rebel908

New Head-Fier
Anyone have suggestions. A good friend of mine gave me his opinion, which has been great in helping me decide, but I'm still torn. I love the price of the HD 25-ii, but I'm worried they will snap because of the plastic. Likewise on the DT 1350s, I'm worried about the metal bending from a good hit.

I've listened to both and I have a slight edge for the DT 1350, but is the 100+ dollars extra worth it?

Thanks for all your opinions!

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I own the Sennheiser 25-1 II and its plastic is rock solid. They won´t snap.
Both very nice headphones by the way. :)
If you like the Beyers better you have to think about if its worth the extra money. After all its your wallet.

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 4
The hd 25s are built like a tank! Its like they were designed to be thrown around. 

How is it extra 100$ btw? I couldn't find the dt 1350 less than the 299. But you can find the hd 25 at 130 $ on amazon... 165 $ on ebay.. That was too much of a price difference for me.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Are you worried about the durability of the hds?? Trust me those beauties are ridiculously strong, some may argue that they are ugly and the plastic looks like a plastic bin (not my opinion, behind there is a conscious choice of materials and design) but they are DURABLE! I throw them everywhere with no care at all...plus they are super light...ok but this would be nothing, the main fact is that the sound is amazing, very balanced (great equalisation) with a deep and supertight bass, one of the best isolating on-hear headphones with a clamping force suitable when you go around and move your head everywhere, they won't fall (and if you are crazy and they fall they WON'T BRAKE).

About the DT1350 I don't know because I didn't try them out yet, I bet they sound slightly better (brand new drivers and modern technology vs 20 year old stuff) but I can also bet that the dt1350 don't even approach to the hd for durability, I can already spot weak points from pictures and videos of the beyers, particularly the plastic junction of the slides and the connection with the cups. Don't get me wrong I don't mean that the beyer are fragile, no far from it, but in my opinion not as strong and durable as the hd25s. The senn look **** at the first sight but then you fall in love with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back