Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #781 of 963
My COP's sound phenominal.  They are my first beyerdynamic headphones so I have nothing to compare them to really... but compared to my MDR V6's, SkullCandy MMM's, TMA-1 Studios, and Koss Pro DJ 100's... these are money.

I'm now a die hard beyer fan.  They are built like a tank, sound amazing... NO cable microphonics whatsoever so they actually are a good portable (even though they are huge).

They are my favorite headphone in my stable now (I suppose I like a bit more bass than most).  They easily outclass everything I listed above, especially when it comes to microphonics.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #782 of 963
Quote:
My COP's sound phenominal.  They are my first beyerdynamic headphones so I have nothing to compare them to really... but compared to my MDR V6's, SkullCandy MMM's, TMA-1 Studios, and Koss Pro DJ 100's... these are money.

I'm now a die hard beyer fan.  They are built like a tank, sound amazing... NO cable microphonics whatsoever so they actually are a good portable (even though they are huge).

They are my favorite headphone in my stable now (I suppose I like a bit more bass than most).  They easily outclass everything I listed above, especially when it comes to microphonics.

Better than the Mix Master Mike's? Hmmm that's awesome. I'm glad you're having a better experience than mine. The COP is actually a really good headphone for the price, but it seems they shipped some of them with bad drivers and I was one of the lucky ones.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #785 of 963
Listening to DT-770 Limited right now and I think the COP is a better headphones.  Considering the street price of the COP, it's a steal.

Do they use the same earpads? I'm not a fan of the COP earpads

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #788 of 963
I just received my HFI-580's.  I'm already looking at the top of the line Ultrasone's now - that's how RIDICULOUSLY GOOD these sound
atsmile.gif

Unreal, they also get BEYOND loud for me, I couldn't get them to distort at all - holy mother...

eek.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #789 of 963
@GN3RAL KARL

Yeah I'm really liking my PRO 750s too. They are better than I thought they would be. As a lot of people have mentioned, the highs are a bit metallic and that throws off the tonality a bit but its pretty minimal. The soundstage isn't as wide as the 770s but is definitely decent for a closed can. The bass is most definitely emphasized and is very strong. These are easily my bassiest headphones. They are V-shaped but they aren't as bright as I was expecting them to be based on what others have said. I would say the highs are sparkly but not sibilant. The mids seem to be slightly less recessed compared to my 770s despite the bass being stronger. The bass has awesome texture and is very powerful but has no noticeable distortion so far despite absolutely rattling my head at high volumes. The bass is tighter and less boomy compared to the 770s even though it is more emphasized. Its also a bit better extended into the very lowest sub-bass which is surprising as the 770s have pretty good sub-bass. Overall the low end isn't quite as tight as the HD600s but pretty tight with great texture.

They're more sensitive than I thought they would be. They get surprisingly loud straight out of my Galaxy S2. I wouldn't say they require an amp as others have said.

Overall, I love these. I really like that they include a hard case, two different cables (a long coiled one w/ 6.3mm jack for desktop use and a pretty short one w/ 3.5mm jack for portable devices) as well as a spare set of ear pads. I wish every company included all of that. They are very sturdy and well built. The clamping force is fairly tight and they are heavier than my HD600s and DT770s but they are still quite comfortable. The velour pads are great.

Even for the current going price of $225 (Amazon/B&H) I would say they are definitely worth it and for what I paid ($161) they are an absolute steal. I'm very happy. They compliment my other cans quite well.

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #790 of 963
It seems my COP's arrived today. I'm still at work, but as soon as I get home I will post the ad in the classifieds. 

Anybody interested let me know asap. I want this to go fast so I'm thinking of maybe letting them go for $125.00, shipping method up to the buyer. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #791 of 963
I just received my HFI-580's.  I'm already looking at the top of the line Ultrasone's now - that's how RIDICULOUSLY GOOD these sound :atsmile:

Unreal, they also get BEYOND loud for me, I couldn't get them to distort at all - holy mother...

:eek:

LOL!! Welcome to the insane world of Ultrasone. Sir you will not makes those speakers distort. Your ear drums will pop before they do. Funny thing is you still haven't actually heard them yet. There is zero question of burn in with Ultrasone. You'll notice a serious change in the sound once they've burnt in. Highs are still stupid crisp but aren't as bitey as they are out of the box and the bass cleans up a little bit. So if you like them now you'll love em even more!! Best Bang for your buck IMO. I still love my Beyers but when I need a kick in the nuts I go for the Ultras

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #792 of 963
Quote:
LOL!! Welcome to the insane world of Ultrasone. Sir you will not makes those speakers distort. Your ear drums will pop before they do. Funny thing is you still haven't actually heard them yet. There is zero question of burn in with Ultrasone. You'll notice a serious change in the sound once they've burnt in. Highs are still stupid crisp but aren't as bitey as they are out of the box and the bass cleans up a little bit. So if you like them now you'll love em even more!! Best Bang for your buck IMO. I still love my Beyers but when I need a kick in the nuts I go for the Ultras

This is great to hear. I already really like these PRO 750s but if after more hours on them the bass cleans up a bit and the highs calm down a touch then I might end up really loving them.

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #793 of 963
Quote:
It seems my COP's arrived today. I'm still at work, but as soon as I get home I will post the ad in the classifieds. 

Anybody interested let me know asap. I want this to go fast so I'm thinking of maybe letting them go for $125.00, shipping method up to the buyer. 

Argh, I really want to try transplanting T50rp drivers into one, but money's so tight at the holidays... 
confused_face.gif

What's the cup size on these things? Need to make sure the ortho driver would even fit in there... 

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #794 of 963
Quote:

Argh, I really want to try transplanting T50rp drivers into one, but money's so tight at the holidays... 
confused_face.gif

What's the cup size on these things? Need to make sure the ortho driver would even fit in there... 

Already in the classifieds for $120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back