Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #541 of 963
Quote:
There isn't much need for the adapter unless you want a larger useable range on the pot or you're just afraid of melting the drivers. You could just make one yourself if you know how to handle a soldering iron.

I'd like both ideally, but I'd prefer something pretty-looking, even if I could make one myself for 1/10th the cost... lol.

I ended up running the preamp out into my E17, turning the volume to 28 on my E17 with 0 gain and no EQ, and I can use the volume knob on the Lyr much more. I realize I'm double amping here but I think it doesn't sound half bad. Do I risk hurting my E17 with this? Anything I should be aware of?

Good god... these sound awesome! For their price, they're very attractive and sound fantastic. A very, very nice changeup from my HD650s. More comfortable as well. SO HAPPY!!!

Also, I don't find the mids to be terribly recessed! Compared to the DT880 they're almost perfect, given the sound signature of these. The DT880 definitely let the mids take a back seat. Seriously though, these are awesome.

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #542 of 963
Hi, this is my first post on this forum :)
I've been thinking for a while if i'm going to buy the COPs.
Atm I'm using Sennheiser px 100ii for portable use and Denon ahd1100 at home. But I want a headphone that is as good as my Denons and looks cool like my Sennheiser. Since I already know that the COPs looks great...

-How do they compare to Denon ahd1100 comfortability and sound quality wise?

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #543 of 963
I've had these for about an hour and I can already tell you they're VERY comfortable. Not quite as much as the DT880s I had, but they're less clampy than my HD650s for sure which can definitely feel a bit suffocating at times, despite the velour earpads. I have some DT990 earpads I bought for my HE400s but they muted the sound a bit. I might try putting them on my COP soon but honestly, the pleather earpads are very comfortable. The earcups are also big enough to fit my ears in them, which the Sennheiser Momentums weren't. Those shouldn't have even been called circumaural, they were so small.

Oh, and welcome to the worst (and best) addiction you'll ever have!

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #544 of 963
Those cans are extremely interesting and i love the look of them.

I can't wait for the release of the other 2 cans of the series.

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #545 of 963
Did they say there would be 2 more, specifically? Was there any info given about them? If they made a Tesla COP... I'd buy it. As long as it looked as sexy, if not sexier, than the current COP.

Ahh who am I kidding, I'd buy it no matter what!

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #546 of 963
hey yokken,

beyerdynamic official says on facebook, 
that they are discussing about further models of Custom series though, 
they haven't decided anything yet.
So your opinion will take effects, let them know what you want!

And they promised white version of Custom One Pro will be released in 2013.
F.Y.I

Cheers

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #547 of 963
Quote:
Did they say there would be 2 more, specifically? Was there any info given about them? If they made a Tesla COP... I'd buy it. As long as it looked as sexy, if not sexier, than the current COP.

Ahh who am I kidding, I'd buy it no matter what!

Their product description on amazon says:

[size=small]Custom One Pro is just the beginning of a complete new product family from beyerdynamic "Custom Series". The first truly customizable and interactive headphone in the world. The end user can change the sound, the style and the application any time after the purchase. Custom One Pro is the first model in the series for 2012. Designed and crafted in Germany by beyerdynamic for Pro Users, Consumers and Prosumers. Use with portable and professional devices. One headphone many applications. Change the sound, the style and the look. The CUSTOM series is one-of-a-kind, as it allows you to redesign and re-engineer your headphones at any time, making them the perfect match for whatever the situation or your mood demands. This is truly a product for the new headphone 2.0 generation.[/size]

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #548 of 963
Who knew? 
tongue.gif
 I'll be interested to see what they have up their sleeve. I'm impressed with the COP so far. EQs nicely. I hear a bit of a buzz in the right earcup if it gets nice and loud (amping only through E17, not Lyr) so is it possible there's something on the driver, brand new from the factory? Bass seems to cause it. By the way the bass on these is just awesome on the 3rd switch.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #549 of 963
Quote:
Who knew? 
tongue.gif
 I'll be interested to see what they have up their sleeve. I'm impressed with the COP so far. EQs nicely. I hear a bit of a buzz in the right earcup if it gets nice and loud (amping only through E17, not Lyr) so is it possible there's something on the driver, brand new from the factory? Bass seems to cause it. By the way the bass on these is just awesome on the 3rd switch.

Sounds nice.

I love how Beyer is going to the completely right direction.
Unlike Beats those do have a nice sound for the price. The look is great. The customization is an epic idea and they should enhance it.

You can also just open like 2,5 3,5 of the switch and change the sound even more accurately.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #550 of 963
I'm wondering, though, is the buzzing I hear in the right ear from something touching the driver, or is it clipping? It's hard to describe. It only happens a little bit which makes me want to think it's just clipping, but it doesn't seem that much over the top... I certainly don't think I've over-EQ'd any of my headphones before to make them clip. I'll have to observe more carefully.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #551 of 963
Quote:
I'm wondering, though, is the buzzing I hear in the right ear from something touching the driver, or is it clipping? It's hard to describe. It only happens a little bit which makes me want to think it's just clipping, but it doesn't seem that much over the top... I certainly don't think I've over-EQ'd any of my headphones before to make them clip. I'll have to observe more carefully.

You should exchange them.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #552 of 963
Hey guys,

From what I know, there are two more full size Custom products on the way, of which the details have not been said. So All I know is that there are two more on the way.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #553 of 963
Quote:
Hey guys,

From what I know, there are two more full size Custom products on the way, of which the details have not been said. So All I know is that there are two more on the way.

hopefully dt880 and 990 with custom vents. Genius idea

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #555 of 963
Well I put my DT990 pads on here just for giggles and they did exactly what someone else said they would: the bass is very reduced, but there is some nice clarity. Unfortunately it's not quite sparkly like the DT880s so I'm left with a slightly dry (but still good) sounding headphone. Gotta love the comfort of the velours though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back