Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Oct 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #257 of 963
More like limited haha. I just can't find a portable headphone that has all I need, even though that's asking for WAAAY too much. However, I gave up on that useless journey and decided that I wanted a really fun sounding portable as well as a super comfortable one.

If you are looking for a circumaural portable headphone with grat bass, forward mid and well extended treble I encourage you to try the Denon DN-HP700. I was using the DT1350 at work for the pass year and now been using the Denon for two weeks and I'm very enjoying them.

Let me know if you do try them. :D

oh and I forgot the most important part. They are only $99.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #258 of 963
Quote:

Not including the additional year I was a lurker.
Quote:
If you are looking for a circumaural portable headphone with grat bass, forward mid and well extended treble I encourage you to try the Denon DN-HP700. I was using the DT1350 at work for the pass year and now been using the Denon for two weeks and I'm very enjoying them.
Let me know if you do try them.
biggrin.gif

Sounds too good to be true. I'll see, but right now I'm pretty sold on the COP for now as a portable companion. Also, since it has a user replaceable cable, I might get a DHC custom cable just for giggles.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #259 of 963
Quote:
Let me know if you do try them.
biggrin.gif

I remember a thread here comparing them the Denon AH-D7000: http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000/345

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #260 of 963
Oct 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #262 of 963
Quote:
That was the thread that got me interested and like Planx just said, it sounded to good to be true be I a can say it is very good indeed. Not a joke.
biggrin.gif

It's like best rated sound quality around its price class headphone in jokerl's 100+ headphone comparision thread too and for a good reason, it's a gem, too bad the subbass just rolls off a little too soon, it had more midbass than subbass, the ratio was too unbalanced for my needs, otherwise I had loved to keep them, very nice soundstage for gaming for a closed headphone, so accurate imaging and reasonably large/spacious, suprisingly so for a small closed on-ear.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #268 of 963
Hey,

I second this 100%. The COP is an awesome headphone and easily worth it's $200 price tag. It works well with rock, metal, rap, and especially dubstep.

Quote:
I've been listening to it on the Forte.  I tell you, the COP is very good.  It's amazing with Rock music.  Try some Aerosmith on it.  You'll be happy.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #269 of 963
Hello all,
I've been looking at the C.O.P., but from the pictures, am I right to say that these are not that portable? I'm looking for a portable headphone (anything from something as small as the Klipsch Image One to the Audio-Technica M50) that does well in all types of music including hip-hop and classical, and has swivel and reversible earcups. So basically a portable "DJ-syle" headphone that's rugged and has balanced sound. From my above description, the C.O.P. is probably is not for me, right?

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #270 of 963
AudioAficionado,

Hi.
The COP is very nice headphone but apparently not for portable use. It can't be folded and also isn't compact at all.
If you're looking for "serious" portable headphones with balanced sound, give a try to beyer's newly released portable DTX501p.
Those are great sounding "real" portable cans for the price.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/617492/beyerdynamic-announces-the-dt-501-p-new-portable-on-ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back