Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Thread
Nov 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #16 of 113
  I think the cable issue was a fluke, these are sturdy headphones unlike the "built like a tank" V-Moda M100 that rusted and flimsy plastic that tended to crack. That's great to hear because the default choice has somehow become the AT M50 which is just mental when you can have a COP for the same price with better everything. That thread is all I know about the Tesla COP as well. It's going to be released in 2014. It will basically be the same headphone only with Tesla drivers like in the flagship T1 and T5p. Those drivers are more accurate and capable but in the process it might lose the COP's outstanding bass which I think is second to none and I had my fair share of bassy headphones.

Most likely, the overall help and care I got from Beyerdynamic's customer service made me overlook this. I'm not gonna lie when my friends tell me they are getting Bose or Beats I immediately intervene and recommend either the ATH-M50's or the COP. Are they the same price? I thought Beyerdynamic increased their price to $250-300 in the last few months from the $150 it was in the beginning. The ATH-M50s I can find quite consistently at the $100-150 price range. Ahh, at least it is not a giant upgrade from ours! Won't feel too left out especially if the bass in the Tesla COP is not as powerful 
beyersmile.png
 I'm more curious as to whether or not the accessories and such that will come out for the new generation COP will work with ours but it seems that you should be able to?
You wouldn't know any sites or vendors that sell COP accessories? Like off-brand mic extensions or plates because I cannot find anything outside the official Beyerdynamic site and Amazon who does not have the greatest variety.   

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #17 of 113
  Most likely, the overall help and care I got from Beyerdynamic's customer service made me overlook this. I'm not gonna lie when my friends tell me they are getting Bose or Beats I immediately intervene and recommend either the ATH-M50's or the COP. Are they the same price? I thought Beyerdynamic increased their price to $250-300 in the last few months from the $150 it was in the beginning. The ATH-M50s I can find quite consistently at the $100-150 price range. Ahh, at least it is not a giant upgrade from ours! Won't feel too left out especially if the bass in the Tesla COP is not as powerful 
beyersmile.png
 I'm more curious as to whether or not the accessories and such that will come out for the new generation COP will work with ours but it seems that you should be able to?
You wouldn't know any sites or vendors that sell COP accessories? Like off-brand mic extensions or plates because I cannot find anything outside the official Beyerdynamic site and Amazon who does not have the greatest variety.   

Wow that's an eye opener. They sure bumped up the price. I'm glad I got mine when the times were good. Well, I mean anything but Beats or Bose but I just didn't get along with the M50. Especially the coiled cable. The Tesla COP is going to be around 400 when it lands. Those drivers are seriously expensive. The accessories should be interchangeable. It's kinda hard getting hold of them. You can chisel off the nib that's part of the locking mechanism inside the can and plug in any 3 button remote. The V-Moda cables fit without any modification though because they have thin jacks. I'm going to get the red star plates in the future. I'm still digging the black plates.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 113
  Wow that's an eye opener. They sure bumped up the price. I'm glad I got mine when the times were good. Well, I mean anything but Beats or Bose but I just didn't get along with the M50. Especially the coiled cable. The Tesla COP is going to be around 400 when it lands. Those drivers are seriously expensive. The accessories should be interchangeable. It's kinda hard getting hold of them. You can chisel off the nib that's part of the locking mechanism inside the can and plug in any 3 button remote. The V-Moda cables fit without any modification though because they have thin jacks. I'm going to get the red star plates in the future. I'm still digging the black plates.

Ya, I guess once they saw a demand they bumped up the price a bit. You can still buy it new from authorized dealers for about $160 (Like me). You're actually the first person I heard that didn't! I'm sure you have good reason but as far as bang for buck ratio I see the ATH-M50's as one of the best especially when compared to the Beats or Bose. Ahhhh I dont like the coiled cable either but it is what it is. $400?? Wow that is pretty expensive... It's good to know that parts are interchangeable though! I have seen those plates and such but I would love to get some grey rings but I can't find them anywhere! 

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #19 of 113
Seems more and more variety for customization has been released on Amazon. I'm starting to see different colored rings and headbands now. It's a start, i'd love to see these go mainstream. In the meantime, I'll just paint my old plates to my liking.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #23 of 113
Thanks for the idea! I turned out more steampunk-ish then I originally was going for, but it rather turned out great.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #25 of 113
Don't know where else to ask this, but do any of you know if the COP headband will fit on a V-MODA M-100?

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #26 of 113
I'll do some measurements as I don't have any V-Modas, but I have a Beyer COP and a DT990 Headband.

U.S. Measurements:

Length: ~8.25 inches
Width of the metal part it fits on the headphone 1.25 inches.  (This is a very thin piece of metal though, I'm not sure how thick or thin the V-Moda's headpiece is.

Hopefully I was of some assistance.

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #27 of 113
  Thanks for the idea! I turned out more steampunk-ish then I originally was going for, but it rather turned out great.

Haha attach clocks/watches and gears to the sides.  Steampunk headphones xD

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #28 of 113
Thanks for the measurements, Nick. I actually had a chance to test out the DT770/880/990 headband today and it doesn't fit. For now I've got artists making tape fulfilling my turn headband duties.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #29 of 113
If it doesn't fit MAKE IT.  Get the COP headband and sew in a large length of velcro to make it wider and it'll hook right on methinks.

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #30 of 113
I went AWOL for a bit, school and life, but it's nice to see some more people coming into the thread! Seeing as though there seem to be more custom parts becoming available I might try utilizing the "custom" part of the COPs. 

Quote:
  I took turk's idea and ran with it.  Here is the result.  

WOW. As much as I would love to take credit for the design all the props go to @tan1415. If you don't mind, I might be using this as inspiration for what I'm imagining for my COPs. Nice Sieveking stand btw 
wink.gif
Seems more and more variety for customization has been released on Amazon. I'm starting to see different colored rings and headbands now. It's a start, i'd love to see these go mainstream. In the meantime, I'll just paint my old plates to my liking.

I've been looking at amazon but can't seem to find much different going on. The Beyerdyanmic store is showing different skins and plates but not amazon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back