Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Jan 13, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #91 of 434
Quote:
Not sure if this was discussed somewhere in this thread (too lazy to read it all) but how does the bass of these compare to that of the ATH-M50? I bought some of those on XMas expecting a bass-heavy headphone that would punch with the kind of music that I listen to but was very disappointed when I heard them, I have tried equalizing and have already burned them in for over 50 hours so I don't think they will improve over time. I'm now looking into buying these if I can successfully return my M50s on ebay. 

On the 1.5 setting the bass quantity is pretty much equal with the M50 but the COP still have more bass impact. Go up on the 3 setting and the bass impact destroys the M50, and it's still sound good for normal listening. The 4th setting is if you are a basshead.
I think you will be more happy with the COP for sure.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #92 of 434
Quote:

On the 1.5 setting the bass quantity is pretty much equal with the M50 but the COP still have more bass impact. Go up on the 3 setting and the bass impact destroys the M50, and it's still sound good for normal listening. The 4th setting is if you are a basshead.
I think you will be more happy with the COP for sure.

Alright, I continued to do some research and everyone pretty much said the same, thanks. All I need to do now is to return my M50s on ebay, cheers.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #94 of 434
well guys.  i took the leap today and purchased some COP's from ebay from an authorized reseller.  i felt like an audiophile with no equipment to criticize and i definitely do not want to be an audiophile as i enjoy music very much and am very happy with what i settled down with for my surround/music setup.  i listen to a lot of genre's of music from classical to alternative to soul music to mountain music.  no country and very little hip-hop.  i am hoping these are decent with classical.  i don't have to have awesome detail like hearing every vibration of cymbal or a trombone sliding in and out, but i do hope they provide a nice soundstage and a lot of embracing warmth.  i just bought a pa2v2 amp and i bought a second one for haha's since i really liked it, even though it's my first portable amp and the only one i have to judge against.  part of the reason i settled on these is i know how fatiguing in your face/head treble can be even with big speakers.  these seemed to be a middle of the road headphone, not made in china (very important to me, but nothing against china itself) and it seemed to be the only one of two headphones i was seriously considering with detachable 3.5mm.  the audio technica's a900's were a consideration, but beyer's seem to be more comfortable all around and my first (and hopefully) last headphones for awhile i wasn't feeling the a900's headband system.  i was also considering some v-moda m-80's and m-100's but i just wasn't feeling the uhmmm... glamour and marketing.  very glad i didn't go that route.  after reading v-moda's history on their website i feel like i made the right decision.  as has been mentioned a few times in this thread, the COP's are probably the most noob friendly headphones at the same time catering to all the bassheads.  and who doesn't like bass?  i also wasn't feeling the $300 and $150 pricetag (m-100's/m-80's respectively)and the beats suck but these are the alternative me too headphones crowd.  the most i really wanted to spend was $200 anyways.  it also didn't hurt, i forgot who, mentioned to make an offer on ebay with a certain seller and profit.  i offered $150+$10 for shipping so hopefully i have these by next friday.  thanks whoever you are.  and when i do get mine, i'll be sure to come back here and be an audiophile for all of 5 minutes and then go back to enjoy the music.

btw, what mods, customizations, upgrades etc. have people been doing?  either i didn't search well or there is not a dedicated thread for this specific headphone.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #95 of 434
I too purchased the COPs and received them yesterday along with the FiiO E17 amp/dac.  I am also wondering where the custom accessories are :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #96 of 434
Quote:
well guys.  i took the leap today and purchased some COP's from ebay from an authorized reseller.  i felt like an audiophile with no equipment to criticize and i definitely do not want to be an audiophile as i enjoy music very much and am very happy with what i settled down with for my surround/music setup.  i listen to a lot of genre's of music from classical to alternative to soul music to mountain music.  no country and very little hip-hop.  i am hoping these are decent with classical.  i don't have to have awesome detail like hearing every vibration of cymbal or a trombone sliding in and out, but i do hope they provide a nice soundstage and a lot of embracing warmth.  i just bought a pa2v2 amp and i bought a second one for haha's since i really liked it, even though it's my first portable amp and the only one i have to judge against.  part of the reason i settled on these is i know how fatiguing in your face/head treble can be even with big speakers.  these seemed to be a middle of the road headphone, not made in china (very important to me, but nothing against china itself) and it seemed to be the only one of two headphones i was seriously considering with detachable 3.5mm.  the audio technica's a900's were a consideration, but beyer's seem to be more comfortable all around and my first (and hopefully) last headphones for awhile i wasn't feeling the a900's headband system.  i was also considering some v-moda m-80's and m-100's but i just wasn't feeling the uhmmm... glamour and marketing.  very glad i didn't go that route.  after reading v-moda's history on their website i feel like i made the right decision.  as has been mentioned a few times in this thread, the COP's are probably the most noob friendly headphones at the same time catering to all the bassheads.  and who doesn't like bass?  i also wasn't feeling the $300 and $150 pricetag (m-100's/m-80's respectively)and the beats suck but these are the alternative me too headphones crowd.  the most i really wanted to spend was $200 anyways.  it also didn't hurt, i forgot who, mentioned to make an offer on ebay with a certain seller and profit.  i offered $150+$10 for shipping so hopefully i have these by next friday.  thanks whoever you are.  and when i do get mine, i'll be sure to come back here and be an audiophile for all of 5 minutes and then go back to enjoy the music.

btw, what mods, customizations, upgrades etc. have people been doing?  either i didn't search well or there is not a dedicated thread for this specific headphone.

I really believe you would be more happy with the DT 770 Pro Limited Edition with the type of music you are listening to. It's an "audiophile" version of the COP and have about the same sound sig with some nice fullness, slight warmth, no grain and lots of smoothness and detail. The COP is a really fun headphone for electronic and urban music IMO.
The LE needs some bass reduction EQ but the soundstage and 3D presentation is pretty amazing for a closed headphone.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #97 of 434
Quote:

I really believe you would be more happy with the DT 770 Pro Limited Edition with the type of music you are listening to. It's an "audiophile" version of the COP and have about the same sound sig with some nice fullness, slight warmth, no grain and lots of smoothness and detail. The COP is a really fun headphone for electronic and urban music IMO.
The LE needs some bass reduction EQ but the soundstage and 3D presentation is pretty amazing for a closed headphone.

Lol. Too late. I went with the cop because the frequency response graphs showed better treble response, and amazon wanted $250 for 32ohm 770's. I probably would've got the 80ohm ones because I just bought two pa2v2 amps. I also wanted a detachable 3.5mm jack as that was more important than portability. I wanted portables but these aren't leaving the house often so I let it go.

BTW, has anybody confirmed if the cop's are 40 or 50mm drivers. I can't seem to find any official info on that.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #98 of 434
Quote:
Lol. Too late. I went with the cop because the frequency response graphs showed better treble response, and amazon wanted $250 for 32ohm 770's. I probably would've got the 80ohm ones because I just bought two pa2v2 amps. I also wanted a detachable 3.5mm jack as that was more important than portability. I wanted portables but these aren't leaving the house often so I let it go.

BTW, has anybody confirmed if the cop's are 40 or 50mm drivers. I can't seem to find any official info on that.

what source did you use to get that info from? COP is treble light

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #99 of 434
A lot of over ears are treble light but I was looking for the best treble in my price range. I listen to some classical and female vocals songs. Wasnt looking for anything heavy duty and something more linear was out of my price range.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #100 of 434
Having second thoughts about custom one pros. I think I should've gone with dt770/80 because I have a pa2v2 amp. I am worried the amp is going to easily overdrive the cop's. I will test it out first. Sucks because amazon direct is out of dt770/80 but they had it a couple of days ago. Is there a guide to add a 3.5mm jack directly on a headphone that doesn't have it? I need the breakaway protection if I end up returning the cop's.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #103 of 434
It takes a long long time for the COP's to burn in, I have had mine since November and the sound is still improving.  The mids over the last couple of weeks seem to have come out a bit more, (maybe due to changing to the m-80 cable), though the mids are still a little recessed and subtle compared to my m-80s,  The COP's are also not the most detailed headphone available though the soundstage has improve dramatically.  I am not sure that I would recommend them for classical.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #104 of 434
Hi guys

Any confirmation on whether or not you can use non-Beyer cables with these cans? I'm sure I read somewhere on one of the threads that there's some sort of retaining clip that won't play nice with alternative cables...

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #105 of 434
I am using the m-80 cable.  The 3.5mm jack is thin so I have no problems fitting it into the headphones.  Some of my other cables won't fit though because the 3.5mm jack is too thck and the plug too recessed into the headphones with a bit of plastic sticking out which the beyer cable clamps onto.  So the big thing is finding the right size  3.5 jack,

Top v-moda cable
Bottom COP Cable, with clamp shown (and a bit beaten up due to removal several times, though it still works no problem)

M-80 cable in COP's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back