Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Aug 28, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #331 of 434
I have heard that the Momentum's can't be folded up, so their portability is pretty crappy.
Any experience with the Mad Dogs?

The originals could not. The Momentum 2 can be folded.

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #332 of 434
Gosh darn it.
Well my second choice where the V-Moda Crossfade LP's with the XL pad.
I have heard that the XL pads make the headphones more comfortable for people with big ears, they sound good and are very very portable.
Do they leak tough.

Pls Halp meh 
triportsad.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #333 of 434
Is it true that the drivers on the cop die easilly? Saw a couple of posts saying that they dont handle high volumee very well.... usually i dont go over 75% of my ipod or ipad volume with the over ear momentums amperios or hd25s.

Right now i have a dt770 pro 80 but i am missing some body (maybe lack of mids) and some lack of punch and bass presence like on the previous headphones i mentioned and others like the m50x... do you guys think i would like the cops?

All the headphones mentioned before the dt770 are my favs so far...

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #334 of 434
  Gosh darn it.
Well my second choice where the V-Moda Crossfade LP's with the XL pad.
I have heard that the XL pads make the headphones more comfortable for people with big ears, they sound good and are very very portable.
Do they leak tough.

Pls Halp meh 
triportsad.gif

For portability, the M100 is much better than the LP (but the LP's can be had for really cheap, so that's a factor)

Overall, the V-Moda headphones are only so-so at isolation and leakage.

Is it true that the drivers on the cop die easilly? Saw a couple of posts saying that they dont handle high volumee very well.... usually i dont go over 75% of my ipod or ipad volume with the over ear momentums amperios or hd25s.

Right now i have a dt770 pro 80 but i am missing some body (maybe lack of mids) and some lack of punch and bass presence like on the previous headphones i mentioned and others like the m50x... do you guys think i would like the cops?

All the headphones mentioned before the dt770 are my favs so far...

It's unlikely the drivers will die, but they don't handle high volumes as cleanly as the DT770 so are more "wubwub" in sound. But that's also the inevitable tradeoff you pay for higher bass response in this price range as the response is likely derived from venting and resonance.

If you don't like the DT770, I really doubt that the COP will satisfy you.

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #335 of 434
For portability, the M100 is much better than the LP (but the LP's can be had for really cheap, so that's a factor)

Overall, the V-Moda headphones are only so-so at isolation and leakage.

It's unlikely the drivers will die, but they don't handle high volumes as cleanly as the DT770 so are more "wubwub" in sound. But that's also the inevitable tradeoff you pay for higher bass response in this price range as the response is likely derived from venting and resonance.

If you don't like the DT770, I really doubt that the COP will satisfy you.

Why?

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #337 of 434
  Aiaiai seems really interesting, have to read more about it. 
I know a place which has the aiaiai but not the COP, so I cant do a side by side comparison. 

That's interesting that the COP studio has more controlled bass, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere though. 

AIAIAI TMA-2 with the S03 driver + E04 pads are really nice...
Studio is real but I don't think it's on the market yet.

It is, but its a Pro product, i.e. sold at different places than the consumer models such as the COP... thats a complicated story unfortunately as I'd consider many of Beyers Pro models very interesting to non-pro users as well ('Pro' is not some kind of diffuse quality statement in this case but means real professional users such as recording as well as radio/tv studios and field sound engineers).

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #338 of 434

Why?

If you prefer the sound of the M50x and HD25/Amperiors over the DT770, then the COP is going in the wrong direction.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #343 of 434
I wonder if anyone's put tesla drivers into those yet. Anyhow, here's my transplant that I did a couple years ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/656644/ortho-transplant-fostex-t50rp-drivers-into-a-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #345 of 434
AIAIAI TMA-2 with the S03 driver + E04 pads are really nice...

It is, but its a Pro product, i.e. sold at different places than the consumer models such as the COP... thats a complicated story unfortunately as I'd consider many of Beyers Pro very interesting to non-pro users as well ('Pro' is not some kind of diffuse quality statement in this case but means real professional users such as recording as well as radio/tv studios and field sound engineers).

Got the dt770s.

Hate the cable, and the mids are a bit recessed (rock does not sound as engaging as on a hd25 wich has more powerfull and detailed electric guitars and vocals) but the combination of confort, instrument separation and soundstage is pretty good.... Have the for a month now... Can be my brain but treble seems a bit smoother now (although still a bit pronounced) and bass seems a bit more pronounced... Mids do not seem to have changed much....

What i dont get is people saying they are basshead cans... They have bass for sure but for example i had the ath m50x of a friend here for 2 days and the bass on those hits harder. Been impressed with the m50x as well.... I had the previous nob x version and at the timr i did not like the unnatural treble and lack of mids but the m50x seems to have more natural highs, less recessed mids.... The m50x is now closer to the hd25 presentation but with bigger bass imo....

Actually i liked the m50x do much i am expecting a pair today... Lets see if i like them again... Still interested in the cops though... After owning the 80ohm 770 and m50x do you guys think its woth getting a cop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back