Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Aug 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #316 of 434
Hello. I would like to ask you, is v-moda m100 better than Custom One Pro.
I listen a lot of rock,metal,punk (70% of my music). From EDM i like listen trance, deep house or electronic music with vocals like Katy B. Classical music i dont listen so much, only music like from Hanz Zimmer...

Aug 8, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #317 of 434
I tried out the COP in a store yesterday, and really liked it!
I compared it side by side with the m50x.

COP had more bass quantity, m50x was more like a setting 2.5 on COP

COP had a smoother warmer sound.

COP was less detailed

COP seemed more forgiving

COP bass was softer or bloaty 

COP did not do as well with vocals, but close enough

I loved the COP for hardstyle on setting 4. 

But for all other more vocal/acoustic music, I used setting 2 and 3. 

I could probably live without setting 4, setting 3 seems like a good compromise. 

I wish COP was a bit more detailed, with tighter bass, without adding lots of treble, which I'm sensitive to.

Is there such a headphone out there? 

A requirement would be same bass quantity as COP on setting 3.

Comfortable for all day listening. 

Not loose all the midrange. 

It doesn't need to be the same price range. NAD HP50? 

The Aiaiai TMA 2 with the Studio or Young Guru Studio settings (the former darker, latter is more linear)

COP Studio an improvement/refinement of the COP sound with more controlled bass (most likely due to higher impedance than anything, imho)

I have both the M50x and COP, M50x is harder hitting and tighter and importantly, folds down making it an ideal portable for me, COP I prefer from a comfort/flexibility standpoint tho, it is also more spacious sonically.

DT770 limited Ed and DT770 32 ohms are much easier on the ear treble wise (not less but smoother) compared to the 80 ohm version. Definitely a fun balanced headphone, 80ohm version is less forgiving to programme materials tho.

DT770 and HD25 both have an intense punchy sound, M50x is not as punchy but more sub bass (below 30Hz) which gives EDM/IDM that "throb"

Others to consider would be VModa M100 (which I traded for COPs becos of fit and what I feel is a hooded/constricted sound, but my friend loved it so ymmv)

Yamaha S400, B&W P5 and KEF are also viable candidates tho I had less experience with them than the above.

NAD is a completely different sound, it's full sounding but not punchy... it's a comfy sound

Aug 8, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #318 of 434
Hello. I would like to ask you, is v-moda m100 better than Custom One Pro.

I listen a lot of rock,metal,punk (70% of my music). From EDM i like listen trance, deep house or electronic music with vocals like Katy B. Classical music i dont listen so much, only music like from Hanz Zimmer...

I traded my M100s for COP as I found the COP to me more versatile over a wider range of music, portability and finishing would be two things the Vmoda have over the COP

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #319 of 434
The Aiaiai TMA 2 with the Studio or Young Guru Studio settings (the former darker, latter is more linear)

COP Studio an improvement/refinement of the COP sound with more controlled bass (most likely due to higher impedance than anything, imho)

I have both the M50x and COP, M50x is harder hitting and tighter and importantly, folds down making it an ideal portable for me, COP I prefer from a comfort/flexibility standpoint tho, it is also more spacious sonically.

DT770 limited Ed and DT770 32 ohms are much easier on the ear treble wise (not less but smoother) compared to the 80 ohm version. Definitely a fun balanced headphone, 80ohm version is less forgiving to programme materials tho.

DT770 and HD25 both have an intense punchy sound, M50x is not as punchy but more sub bass (below 30Hz) which gives EDM/IDM that "throb"

Others to consider would be VModa M100 (which I traded for COPs becos of fit and what I feel is a hooded/constricted sound, but my friend loved it so ymmv)

Yamaha S400, B&W P5 and KEF are also viable candidates tho I had less experience with them than the above.

NAD is a completely different sound, it's full sounding but not punchy... it's a comfy sound

I just checked COP on amazon.com and its being discontinued?? :O

Aiaiai seems really interesting, have to read more about it. 
I know a place which has the aiaiai but not the COP, so I cant do a side by side comparison. 

That's interesting that the COP studio has more controlled bass, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere though. 

I found the m50x had pretty terrible sibilance (on one song i tested). 
It also picked up background hiss in one song.
Both of these things totally killed it for me. 
COP on the other hand was fine with both songs.
I guess it could have been bad recordings, but I never had this problem with my X2.

I love bass for some kinds of music, but for some music its more important to have midrange.. 
The versatility of COP to be able to switch between different amount of bass is great. 
Maybe a headphone with less bass and some EQ would be a good idea?
Say a M50x which is like a COP on setting 2. Can be made to sound like COP on setting 3.Or is that not possible? 

I would like to try the M100, but since they have shallow cups and high clamping pressure I'm not sure they will be good for me. (hated the clamping on the HFI-780)
When I get an opportunity I will definitely try them though.
S400, P5 and KEF is out, because of on-ear. 

There doesn't seem to be that many headphones in the category of high bass quantity while still hi-fi =p (and comfortable)
And of course, I don't want too much v-shape and non strident highs. Maybe the COP is the best for me anyway hehe
So far I've found these 
M100
COP
DT770 
TMA-2
Q40
UE6000

Maybe the Mad Dogs, I haven't read too much about them, and I can't try them out.. 

There is lots of headphones in the basshead club threads of course. But often less known headphones. 
I want to be able to read reviews of them, look at graphs and preferably then listen to them. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #320 of 434
COP is not discontinued, the discontinued variant is the COP without the extra shields the version with the shields is called COP+ same headphones just more accessories

Studio is real but I don't think it's on the market yet.

M100 is much too rolled off up top for me

as for EQ you are right in theory but you need a quality one and one that have the right bands to address the native issues

the peak on the M50x is well above the frequency where sibilance lies, so that's most intriguing. I am very sensitive to sibilance as well but found it not to be an issue using M50x, the 10khz makes cymbals more dominant and could show up some hiss but I could enjoy non dolby'ed cassettes without being distracted.

Anyhow best of luck!

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #324 of 434
How good are these headphones for sound leakage?
I want to buy these for use in my house, airplanes and library.

Slightly less isolation than a DT770.

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #325 of 434
I really can't decide which are the better headphones: BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro or BeyerDynamic DT 770.
Like i said before i'm gonna use these in a library and with my PC; mostly watching video's and listening to songs.
Which one of these is more comfortable and portable?
I mostly listen to Hip-Hop and Rap like Kendrick Lamar and Missy Elliott.

Pls help me almighty senpai!!!

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #326 of 434
  I really can't decide which are the better headphones: BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro or BeyerDynamic DT 770.
Like i said before i'm gonna use these in a library and with my PC; mostly watching video's and listening to songs.
Which one of these is more comfortable and portable?
I mostly listen to Hip-Hop and Rap like Kendrick Lamar and Missy Elliott.

Pls help me almighty senpai!!!

I think it comes down to whichever one you think sounds better. 
COP has more bass and less treble. 

I wouldn't think the difference in isolation would make much difference, especially in a library. 

DT770 should be more comfortable because of velour pads. 
But you can change the pads on the COPs, but this will change the sound. 

Also you need an amp for the DT 770 80ohm.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #327 of 434
Is the difference in comfort highly noticeable and which one of these is more portable?
If not, i'm gonna go for the COP's because they have a detachable cable, barely any leakage and comfort.

If you know any other "Portable Over-Ear headphones that are comfortable and have minimal leakage" around the 260 euro mark,(293 USD and 190 GBP) please let me know.

Thank you 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back