Beyerdynamic Aventho Wireless
Mar 15, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #76 of 97
That's sad... maybe you can try with a different USB-C cable? hopefully, that's the issue?

I have a different issue to share too (sadly), couldn't find anyone else with this issue here, whoever has an idea please let me know thanks!

Around 3 weeks ago I spent 1 week in Los Altos, California, United State (I'm a remote Software Engineer, the company I work for has headquarters there), and while being there I bought this Aventho Wireless from Amazon.
I'm back in Argentina and with no plans to visit US again in the near future.
As soon as I tried it (paired wirelessly to my iPhone and also on my MacBook Pro) I found this issue about the left driver with distorted bass and a bit less of volume.
I upgraded the firmware as suggested in the Aventho Wireless site, and installed the MIY app on my iPhone, I ran the personalization process.
Still getting same issue, tried upgrading again, same issue.
Tried running the MIY personalization process a couple of times, and also deactivating it, and same issue.
So it seems to me like an issue inside the left driver.
To recap the issue:
The left driver seems to have less volume, and the bass there sounds totally "broken" (this is very significative when playing some hip-hop and setting volume around 70%, the bass gets totally distorted from that point, and over that).

Unfortunately, USB cable wasn't the problem. They charged perfectly the day before, and battery was fully charged. It's really when I tried to reactivate the voice prompt... you know, this exact moment when you know something went wrong! I probably deactivated the power/Bluetooth module. But if that's the problem, Beyerdynamic has a bigger one then. Why can we do such thing! Anyways, after contacting Beyerdynamic directly and a little argumenting, the service partner told me to send them in for a repair at no cost (except shipping from me to us). I'm perfectly fine with that. Sooo, the only advice I can give you, is to contact Beyerdynamic directly. They will refer you to a service partner in your country/region (or maybe the USA one that I had). You must have to pay shipping though.

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #77 of 97
aye, you can also listen through USB-C. I bought them new.

Hi, did you try the usb-c audio connection with a PC?, could you try with a android phone to see whether it works too?, if so, did you find better SQ in that way in comparison with the 3.5mm connection?

It's interesting that such great feature is not even mentioned in the user manual, like the Bower & Wilkins PX

Cheers,
Bruno

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #78 of 97
Unfortunately, USB cable wasn't the problem. They charged perfectly the day before, and battery was fully charged. It's really when I tried to reactivate the voice prompt... you know, this exact moment when you know something went wrong! I probably deactivated the power/Bluetooth module. But if that's the problem, Beyerdynamic has a bigger one then. Why can we do such thing! Anyways, after contacting Beyerdynamic directly and a little argumenting, the service partner told me to send them in for a repair at no cost (except shipping from me to us). I'm perfectly fine with that. Sooo, the only advice I can give you, is to contact Beyerdynamic directly. They will refer you to a service partner in your country/region (or maybe the USA one that I had). You must have to pay shipping though.

Just to follow up to my experience, I'm glad to inform you all that the Beyerdynamic rep, after receiving the Aventhos from his service partner, gladly offer me a replacement of an equal value (I chose the new Lagoon 'cause I don't want to take another chance with the Aventhos) and a loaner (DT770 Pro) for the wait (Lagoon still isn't out yet... except in Europe I think). So my experience with the Aventhos is now over. I'll patiently wait for the Lagoon to arrives, listening to the DT770 Pro during this time!

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #80 of 97
Will these be too dark for me, if I am a fan of the typical beyer treble? I found QC25 much too muffled in the highs, QC35 just okay, XM2 completely muted above 10khz and XM3 actually much better than XM2 but the XM3 had really bloated bass.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #81 of 97
Have just bought the Aventhos, and I'm very satisfied with mine. I use them to my Iphone, computer and to TV late at night (concerts on YouTube). Especially Steve Hacketts concerts with the extreme sub bass is handled very good by the Aventhos. Before I used a pair of Audeze SINE to my Iphone, and they have served me well, but I can hear what I have missed now. I'm surpriced a pair of BT cans can give this kind of sound.All through the freq.range.:o2smile:
I use a pair of KEF LS 50W with the little Bowers and Wilkins 608 Sub to my computer, and that is clear and defined sound. But the Beyers are funny to use sometimes. Even the bass still surprice me.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #82 of 97
Out of curiosity, How is the lagoon compare to the aventho?

Just to follow up to my experience, I'm glad to inform you all that the Beyerdynamic rep, after receiving the Aventhos from his service partner, gladly offer me a replacement of an equal value (I chose the new Lagoon 'cause I don't want to take another chance with the Aventhos) and a loaner (DT770 Pro) for the wait (Lagoon still isn't out yet... except in Europe I think). So my experience with the Aventhos is now over. I'll patiently wait for the Lagoon to arrives, listening to the DT770 Pro during this time!

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #83 of 97
A million times better. Sound wise, the Aonic 50 is the best though. However it is large and clunky. A/B with the xm4 though, the Lagoon wins. With the Shure, Shure wins over both.

Mar 16, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #85 of 97
Apropos of nothing, I love my Aventhos.
I always thought they looked cool, but the sound was definitely not for me. Try the lagoon.

Mar 17, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #87 of 97
Interesting - I love the sound of the Aventhos so I haven't felt the urge to look elsewhere. The Lagoons are way too expensive in these parts.
Oh, really? $229 on amazon in the US.

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #89 of 97
Out of curiosity, How is the lagoon compare to the aventho?
For my personnal taste, I prefer the Aventho. I don't know if it's the Tesla driver, but from what I recall, I was a little disapointed by the Lagoon... only when compared to the Aventho, that is. Lagoon beats almost anything for sound quality in the NC headphones departement. NC is pretty strong (even with a slight hiss in background when on level 2) but, unsuprisingly, get beaten by 1000XM3/4 and QC35I/II.

So for sound quality, Aventho have better punch and greater dynamics than the Lagoon. I said from what I recall, cause short after receiveing the Lagoon, I switched from Galaxy S7 to iPhone XS (total mistake!), and suddently, all was dull and unintersting, including the Lagoon. I recently got a Galaxy S10, and I'm now retrying all of my headphones. Soon will be the Lagoon's turn :wink:

I would happily exchange my Lagoon for Aventho, but I can't. You just CAN'T wear (or remove) Aventho when you have long hair, it's all pain and mess!

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #90 of 97
Thank You for the earnest opinion! This put me in a dilemma. How I wish beyerdynamic could dish out a “best of both world (aventho/lagoon)” headphones at that price bracket. Otherwise I may have to heel my wife’s opinion and get the Apple AirPod Max as the endgame

That tweety bit of “audiophile mindset” in me is still resisting her advise.

Regards Wayne

For my personnal taste, I prefer the Aventho. I don't know if it's the Tesla driver, but from what I recall, I was a little disapointed by the Lagoon... only when compared to the Aventho, that is. Lagoon beats almost anything for sound quality in the NC headphones departement. NC is pretty strong (even with a slight hiss in background when on level 2) but, unsuprisingly, get beaten by 1000XM3/4 and QC35I/II.

So for sound quality, Aventho have better punch and greater dynamics than the Lagoon. I said from what I recall, cause short after receiveing the Lagoon, I switched from Galaxy S7 to iPhone XS (total mistake!), and suddently, all was dull and unintersting, including the Lagoon. I recently got a Galaxy S10, and I'm now retrying all of my headphones. Soon will be the Lagoon's turn :wink:

I would happily exchange my Lagoon for Aventho, but I can't. You just CAN'T wear (or remove) Aventho when you have long hair, it's all pain and mess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back