Beyerdynamic Aventho Wireless
May 14, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #46 of 97
Got a pair of these a couple weeks back. I use them with my Sony NW-ZX300 with Apt-x HD. Sounds wonderful. I truly believe Mimi will be a gamechanger in this industry. I really hope that technology takes off. I'd love to be able to install a Mimi Audio Unit on my laptop and use it with Audirvana.
I actually preferred it without the personal filter but it's very cool to have the option.

I am, however, totally sold on aptX HD.

May 14, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #47 of 97
I actually preferred it without the personal filter but it's very cool to have the option.

I am, however, totally sold on aptX HD.
Just picked-up an S9+ on a 2-year plan so no aptx-HD for me right as this minute. I may however invest the princely sum of $99 on the Shanling M0 to have that option however...

Also agree that it sounds better without personalised sound. I found it simply overemphasised the mid-bass for me to the point of clipping in certain music.

May 14, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #48 of 97
I sent mine back. Compared to my UE9000, it was cramped and bright. Definitely overpriced at 450. I was very disappointed in these.

Currently, I've bought a pair of the Mdr 1000x mk2. I wrote them off before, but they respond better to rocket player (avoids bass distortion problem that I ran into). My 1770's still sound way better, so I ordered a Bluetooth adapter and will compare Thursday. I like the Sony ANC, but the Beyer detail is superb.

May 17, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #49 of 97
More opinions on how the Aventho compares in sound to T51p (T51i), T50p, or DT1350 are very appreciated.

Shame about the build quality.

May 17, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #50 of 97
More opinions on how the Aventho compares in sound to T51p (T51i), T50p, or DT1350 are very appreciated.

Shame about the build quality.
More mid-bass than sub-bass focused than the DT1350's, making it a warmer, "wetter" sound. There's something funky in the upper mids/lower treble of the DT1350's that gives it a bit of a nasal or telephonic quality which isn't in the Aventhos. The Aventhos are altogether less bright, and have a more classic consumer "warm" tuning than audiophile "neutral" that the DT135's lean towards.

May 18, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #51 of 97
I wouldn't by them. They are overpriced and the sound is blah. I was very disappointed

May 28, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #52 of 97
got these a couple of weeks ago, havent really used them that extensively ye. Mixed on the SQ, I listen to a lot of different genres, the genre I find most lacking is hiphop/rap. The MIY app customization, I believe I'm not getting this right as it results in very very "bright" sound, harsh even at times (higher volumes), tuned down from 100% to turned off and its a bit more comfortable sound. Gotta experiment more..

Though, my source is a iphone 8 / Spotify, not the most high end setup.

At home I listen to a pair of KEF X300A, no bass monsters but balanced sound for me that I like (also through spotify).

is there a guideline on how the "intensity" level should be used? High intensity for low volumes, and low intensity for higher volume levels?

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #53 of 97
Is anyone else having issues when turning these off? Roughly 3 out 4 times, when I hold the power button long enough to hear, "Power off" and release the button, it immediately powers back on. The second time I power them off always works without issue. This has been happening since I received my warranty replacement set. I've reset them to factory settings and also flashed them with the latest firmware, neither of which has helped.

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #55 of 97
I bough them for ~280USD, for that price they are indeed worth it. But ye, I cant say why these retail for ~450USD, they are not that amazing.

Though with that said. I do enjoy the SQ, fit and feel.

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #56 of 97
I bough them for ~280USD, for that price they are indeed worth it. But ye, I cant say why these retail for ~450USD, they are not that amazing.

Though with that said. I do enjoy the SQ, fit and feel.
Did you get them brand new? Besides being a fan of the Beyer sound I'm mostly attracted to these due to the metal construction and usb-c. I can't seem to find any decent bluetooth in/on-ears that charge via usb-c

Aug 7, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #60 of 97
I purchased a pair of Aventho's today. I actually quite enjoy the sound! In the shop I tried the Beyerdynamic Amiron ( biggest dissapointment for the day considering the price!), Audio Technica DRS7 and DRS9, Focal Listen Wireless using ApTX on a Samsung S9+. The Aventho's were an easy winner for me. Although the detail in the DRS9's are amazing, they just lacked bass for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back