Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Oct 17, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #616 of 785
Thanks, but I'm hoping to find a solution that does not require changing pads. It seems that the headband does not keep it's form if bent inwards. I started experementing with a headband piece from old peltor earmuffs. It does work but I need to find something that does not clamp that hard and is tall enough to reach all the way over the plastic parts. Also I have no idea how to attach it without using glue, tape or other things that could damage the original headband. I wish the padding could be opened like with old beyers.
IMG_20201015_065719.jpg
Take an old metal band and shape it exactly how you want with some clamps and nails in a board and heat the band with a torch. Let it cool and it will keep the exact shape. That's what I did with my kids arctis headphones. Worked great.

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #617 of 785
Thanks, but I'm hoping to find a solution that does not require changing pads. It seems that the headband does not keep it's form if bent inwards. I started experementing with a headband piece from old peltor earmuffs. It does work but I need to find something that does not clamp that hard and is tall enough to reach all the way over the plastic parts. Also I have no idea how to attach it without using glue, tape or other things that could damage the original headband. I wish the padding could be opened like with old beyers.
I've often wondered why there isn't a "strap" from cup to cup, securing underneath the chin, to keep headphones on during "action" - like a fighter pilot, WWI aviators cap, or the Rocketeer helmet... :)
1603456755270.png

Pull'em tight and strap in boys, "Pink Floyd" waits for no man! :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #618 of 785
New MYI in-app equalizer works well. Haven't ran into distortion/clipping yet.

20201118_083610.jpg

Nov 18, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #620 of 785

20201118_083610.jpg
Despite the heavy weight of 380gr (400gr for the copper version), I'm still impressed I really cannot feel the headphone is actually on my head!

And I almost thought that photo is mine because of the earpad covers :D Just the same minus Copper version.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #621 of 785
Hi guys,
New owner of the Amiron here, overall happy with the unit.
Sound quality is really great, but at that price, I was expecting no less.

At volume max, or max -1, I can hear bass saturation at 10hz, it's only affecting the right channel, the driver doesn't like that.
It's making a poping sound per hertz, eww.
Luckily I don't use it a max, nor max - 1 volume, and 10 hertz is quite rare, so in everyday use, it's really not a problem.
Anyone else having the issue ? You can test it here:
https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
Keep site volume to 75%, headset to max, 10 hertz and click play.

I use EDT 770 VB pads, because my unit came with no pads at all, fits great.

Battery life is great, aptx with windows and samsung android, and even aptx HD with ubuntu.

As many of you, I have a problem with the foam expending from the band, it is a big quality issue, again considering the price point.
I saw in previous pages of the topic some "fix" with glue, guys, really, DON'T. It's really hard to apply, it looks like my 6 yo child did it.
I decided to slide in a little piece of cardboard.

You can see the result here:
https://imgur.com/a/UfGmp9F

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #622 of 785
Hi, I'm considering getting these for home and office use. I listen to a lot of metal and edm, would these be suitable or am i better off with a t5 and impacto amp/dac?

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #623 of 785
Hi, I'm considering getting these for home and office use. I listen to a lot of metal and edm, would these be suitable or am i better off with a t5 and impacto amp/dac?
Hard to chose. But I noticed my T5p.2 is amazing for rock and metal though. Why would you want/need Impacto?

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #624 of 785
Hard to chose. But I noticed my T5p.2 is amazing for rock and metal though. Why would you want/need Impacto?
I’m not sure id need the impacto but they are at a lower price now

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #625 of 785
I’m not sure id need the impacto but they are at a lower price now
IMHO, it would have been so much better if the Impacto had the 3.5mm too but because of that, I dropped it off the list. Limited to only usb-c is not what I'd buy it for.
If you're not sure you'd need it, then you likely don't need to waste money on it.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #626 of 785
I recently acquired an Impacto (which also works with my Denon D9200, and should work with several Sony and Focal models as well). It does sound very good, and the Universal variant works with Macs, PCs and iOS, allowing me to use the D9200 with Qobuz streaming services running on my iPhone... same would apply for T1/T5 or Amiron Home, while the Amiron Wireless of course works without additional tools.

At the price of 60€ the Impacto is a very good deal I think, good build quality, good USB cable selection (they are even soft and pliable), lightweight and compact. And yes, its intended to hand in front of you, not lay down on a table farther away.

Mar 26, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #629 of 785

20201118_083610.jpg
I just ordered a pair which will arrive next week and i have a question regarding MYI:
Are the EQ settings stored in the headphone - so they work also when connected to another device? Or does ist just work together with the phone?

Mar 26, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #630 of 785
I just ordered a pair which will arrive next week and i have a question regarding MYI:
Are the EQ settings stored in the headphone - so they work also when connected to another device? Or does ist just work together with the phone?
I'm 99% sure EQ only works when connected to app. It goes away when connected to a device with no MYI app.

Hope you like 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back