Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #526 of 784
Curious...I had the standard (non-Copper) version, so I was wondering...do the earcup sliders on the Copper version pivot a bit (they do not on the standard version)? All my other beyerdynamic headphones have a slight pivot to the sliders, be it the Custom One to the DT 1770, such that a seal can be achieved.
I fail to understand what you mean with earcup sliders (My engrish not perfect)

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #527 of 784
The Amiron W. is also know for leaking bass if you don't set it up right on the head or if you have a smal head(?) I fixed the leaking bass by buying earpads covers as I like to protect my babies and I don't have to screw something up when replacing the earpads. The covers I use are from Greekia from Amazon for example.

Copper version as well here and really love it. Too bad there is no Amiron Home Copper version. Would have been a nice collection.

Don't think my head is particularly small - I have to fully extend the sliders to fit. I think the issue is that the pads are a bit too hard so that a tight seal is difficult.

Replacing the earpads is very easy, much easier than I originally thought. I browsed the Dekoni site and found that they have FR measurements for all their earpads compared to the factory pads. I should have read those before ordering my Dekoni as the Sheepskin pads have clearly reduced FR above 1Khz which explains the warmer sound I heard. The Fenestrated Elite Sheepskin pads on the other hand matches the factory pads closely in FR. I'll need to get the Fenestrated Elite Sheepskin then. Too bad I can't return the Sheepskin ones as I cut the screen already. Oh well.

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #528 of 784
Curious...I had the standard (non-Copper) version, so I was wondering...do the earcup sliders on the Copper version pivot a bit (they do not on the standard version)? All my other beyerdynamic headphones have a slight pivot to the sliders, be it the Custom One to the DT 1770, such that a seal can be achieved.

Yes, the sliders pivot a bit but then the issue is with the pads so it's still not perfect even after adjustment.

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #529 of 784
Had to find the meaning of the pivot but blame it on my English. They do pivot a bit but I've never seen it as an issue or it's the construction(?). Coincidentally I've a bigger issue with my DT 880 Black Edition where the left side is way too lose and pivot very easy. But such seals can be achieved with all my other Beyerdynamics.

Don't think my head is particularly small - I have to fully extend the sliders to fit. I think the issue is that the pads are a bit too hard so that a tight seal is difficult.

Replacing the earpads is very easy, much easier than I originally thought. I browsed the Dekoni site and found that they have FR measurements for all their earpads compared to the factory pads. I should have read those before ordering my Dekoni as the Sheepskin pads have clearly reduced FR above 1Khz which explains the warmer sound I heard. The Fenestrated Elite Sheepskin pads on the other hand matches the factory pads closely in FR. I'll need to get the Fenestrated Elite Sheepskin then. Too bad I can't return the Sheepskin ones as I cut the screen already. Oh well.
I'm too scared I think but so far I'm impressed with the sound so I don't need to replace the pads. I think it has to do with the position of the pads and also the covers too but as for me, if something works, don't fix.

I use these:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07HCH3QHB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1Z9JDUNXKNJVN&psc=1
after this is placed:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07C6GHSWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It improves the comfort too.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #530 of 784
I just added the Amiron wireless to my beyer collection. Has anyone tried pad swapping 1770 pleather or valour pads onto their wireless?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #531 of 784
I just added the Amiron wireless to my beyer collection. Has anyone tried pad swapping 1770 pleather or valour pads onto their wireless?
Unfortunately, I had both, but not at the same time. I returned the Amiron Wireless due to fit/seal issues and still have the DT 1770 Pro (on which I installed these earpads).

If you try, I'd appreciate some feedback on how well it seals, since I have the spare PU pads lying around. Never have been a fan of velour. Love the sound from real leather.

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #532 of 784
Hi guys, I own the regular Amiron Wireless and i use it plugged into my ifi iDSD BL , it sounds sooo amazing, decently wide soundstage, excellent bass with Xbass on, and warmish Vocals thats kinda out of head. Its sooo good.

Does anyone know the difference with the Copper and regular version in terms of sound? The power button is stuck on my Amiron Wireless and I am looking to get another pair.

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #533 of 784
Hi guys, I own the regular Amiron Wireless and i use it plugged into my ifi iDSD BL , it sounds sooo amazing, decently wide soundstage, excellent bass with Xbass on, and warmish Vocals thats kinda out of head. Its sooo good.

Does anyone know the difference with the Copper and regular version in terms of sound? The power button is stuck on my Amiron Wireless and I am looking to get another pair.
According to the spec sheets they're pretty much the exact same headphone except for the visual changes and the copper version weighing 20g more because of the solid copper ring. Did you check with Beyer if the power button issue is fixable?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #534 of 784

I got the Copper version because 1) it looks damn sexy and beautiful and 2) the price difference were from €59 up to €70 to the standard version.

About the powerbutton being stuck, did you use your nail? I read people having problems with it but I don't use nail and so far still no problem.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #535 of 784
Unfortunately, I had both, but not at the same time. I returned the Amiron Wireless due to fit/seal issues and still have the DT 1770 Pro (on which I installed these earpads).

If you try, I'd appreciate some feedback on how well it seals, since I have the spare PU pads lying around. Never have been a fan of velour. Love the sound from real leather.

The 1770 pads definitely seal a bit better than the stock alcantara. The Amiron & Amiron Wireless pads are ever so slightly bigger than the 1770 & 1990 pads. I also swapped out the tuning foam that came with the 1770 and it really livened up the headphones and brought out the treble. If you feel the center of the tuning foam that came with the Amiron its quite thick. For people who are treble sensitive I suggest just pad swapping and leaving in the tuning foam if you want a better seal. I was using the 1770 valours and have yet to try out the pleather pads though i'm sure they'll improve the seal even further compared to the valours. Also wanted to note that the Amiron Home & Amiron Wireless uses the same earpad ring system found on the 1770 & 1990 so you just need to use a small flat head and the ear pads will pop right out.

image2.jpg

image0.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #536 of 784
The 1770 pads definitely seal a bit better than the stock alcantara. The Amiron & Amiron Wireless pads are ever so slightly bigger than the 1770 & 1990 pads. I also swapped out the tuning foam that came with the 1770 and it really livened up the headphones and brought out the treble. If you feel the center of the tuning foam that came with the Amiron its quite thick. For people who are treble sensitive I suggest just pad swapping and leaving in the tuning foam if you want a better seal. I was using the 1770 valours and have yet to try out the pleather pads though i'm sure they'll improve the seal even further compared to the valours. Also wanted to note that the Amiron Home & Amiron Wireless uses the same earpad ring system found on the 1770 & 1990 so you just need to use a small flat head and the ear pads will pop right out.

image2.jpg

image0.jpg
Look at that, it's a beauty all over the place.

I see there is one common issue on the Amiron Wireless, there is a small piece of the headband popping out at the left side. The right side doesn't have the issue.

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #537 of 784
Look at that, it's a beauty all over the place.

I see there is one common issue on the Amiron Wireless, there is a small piece of the headband popping out at the left side. The right side doesn't have the issue.

Can confirm this issue as this happened to me after a very short while of use. Contacted the seller who replaced the headset only for the same thing to happen again. Guess this is something I'll have to live with. Would be interested to know if this is an issue on the "Copper" version.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #538 of 784
Can confirm this issue as this happened to me after a very short while of use. Contacted the seller who replaced the headset only for the same thing to happen again. Guess this is something I'll have to live with. Would be interested to know if this is an issue on the "Copper" version.
Yeah, it sees to be a common issue and only for the left side. I've seen pictures of the issue too and I think it applies to the non-Copper version too. I got it kinda sorted by sticking a very small piece of microfiber cloth in there to keep it in place. Not very good looking but I guess that will do it. Otherwise glue will fix it but have to be very carefull.

I actually cannot believe Beyer didn't fix this, I mean they don't even bother trying to fix? Very unacceptable considering the price they're asking.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #539 of 784
Yeah, it sees to be a common issue and only for the left side. I've seen pictures of the issue too and I think it applies to the non-Copper version too. I got it kinda sorted by sticking a very small piece of microfiber cloth in there to keep it in place. Not very good looking but I guess that will do it. Otherwise glue will fix it but have to be very carefull.

I actually cannot believe Beyer didn't fix this, I mean they don't even bother trying to fix? Very unacceptable considering the price they're asking.

Yeah, I have the original version of the Amiron Wireless so the issue is definetly there. Are you facing the same problem on the "Copper"? I have no idea if this has been sorted by BD on the newer model.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #540 of 784
Yeah, I have the original version of the Amiron Wireless so the issue is definetly there. Are you facing the same problem on the "Copper"? I have no idea if this has been sorted by BD on the newer model.
Yes, I have the same issue too on my Copper version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back