Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #451 of 785
I received my Amiron Wireless headphones yesterday and I gave them a listen last night. They are very quiet and the sound seems thin. I used AAC from my iPhone Xs, AptX-HD from my Fiio M11, and a wired connection to both, and the sound wasn't that impressive at all. I found that I was listening at ~75% volume wired or wireless, which seems really high, just to reach an adequate volume.

I did use the app to create a custom profile, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference with the wireless connection. I felt like I had a good seal, as adding pressure to the cups resulted in no discernible change to sound quality. I have other wireless headphones (B&W P7W) that I thought sounded better both wired/wireless. Suggestions/Thoughts would be most welcome.

~Ex

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #453 of 785
I've received my Dekoni Elite Sheepskin earpads. But I'm clueless about how should I make the replacement as I have zero modification experience. Any help ?

20200108_213317.jpg

20200108_213317.jpg

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #454 of 785
I've received my Dekoni Elite Sheepskin earpads. But I'm clueless about how should I make the replacement as I have zero modification experience. Any help ?

I had the same questions as you. There's a video here on the Dekoni site that is quite helpful. I personally found it easier to simply snap off the plastic rings along with the stock pads and attach the new pads on the ring and re-snap them into place on the headphones.

Here's a link to the Dekoni page https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...r-pads-for-beyerdynamic-dt-series-headphones/

Good luck!

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #455 of 785
I had the same questions as you. There's a video here on the Dekoni site that is quite helpful. I personally found it easier to simply snap off the plastic rings along with the stock pads and attach the new pads on the ring and re-snap them into place on the headphones.

Here's a link to the Dekoni page https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...r-pads-for-beyerdynamic-dt-series-headphones/

Good luck!

It is for DT1990. Is the process for the Amiron Wireless the same ?

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #456 of 785
Jan 8, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #459 of 785
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #460 of 785
I received my Amiron Wireless headphones yesterday and I gave them a listen last night. They are very quiet and the sound seems thin. I used AAC from my iPhone Xs, AptX-HD from my Fiio M11, and a wired connection to both, and the sound wasn't that impressive at all. I found that I was listening at ~75% volume wired or wireless, which seems really high, just to reach an adequate volume.

I did use the app to create a custom profile, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference with the wireless connection. I felt like I had a good seal, as adding pressure to the cups resulted in no discernible change to sound quality. I have other wireless headphones (B&W P7W) that I thought sounded better both wired/wireless. Suggestions/Thoughts would be most welcome.

~Ex
The Amiron Wireless are a fundamentally different type of headphone compared to the B&W P7W. The B&W's are a little louder, with a typical 'V' shaped audio signature, with enhanced bass.
I loved my P7W's when I had them (I've recently moved to the PX for mobile use), but give the Amiron's time, and you'll start to appreciate their strengths. They have the typical 'Beyer' house-sound, with a much more balanced sound-signature than the P7W's. It just takes some getting used to, that's all.
My advice would be to stop doing A-B comparisons, leave the P7W's to one side for a couple of weeks, and just immerse yourself in the Amiron's. They're worth it, IMO.

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #461 of 785
The Amiron Wireless are a fundamentally different type of headphone compared to the B&W P7W. The B&W's are a little louder, with a typical 'V' shaped audio signature, with enhanced bass.
I loved my P7W's when I had them (I've recently moved to the PX for mobile use), but give the Amiron's time, and you'll start to appreciate their strengths. They have the typical 'Beyer' house-sound, with a much more balanced sound-signature than the P7W's. It just takes some getting used to, that's all.
My advice would be to stop doing A-B comparisons, leave the P7W's to one side for a couple of weeks, and just immerse yourself in the Amiron's. They're worth it, IMO.

Exactly that I made it with ATH DSR-9BT. First impressions with Amiron was: What is this, compared to ATH, but after longer listening after few days I like that sound but must replace earpads. Now even with A-B test, is it 90% to 10% (depending on song/genre) for Amiron vs. DST9BT sound.

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #463 of 785
I have the Amiron Copper and love it. Wearing comfort is very good too and the audio is relaxed and laid back, no ear fatigue. It's worth every penny I threw at it. The copper version is just too nice.
Too bad there is no Amiron Home Copper :'( They both sounds different despites the same Amiron group. Using the original pads as I don't wanna screw it up and also wanna keep the stock look.

Good luck!

I probably won't change the pads on my precious Amirons but how are these pads replaced? I mean it's not like with the DT880.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #464 of 785
The ones that it came with currently, I like the fit and comfort to be honest :)

:thumbsup:You are lucky, it depends heavily of your head shape. Mine rather narrow head and long hairs don't help much. Seal is poor for me and comfort too. :frowning2: But finding replacement earpads that doesn't change sound signature much is hard. :frowning2: I like transparency and high treble detail but with leather XL earpads from Brainwawz Amirons lost treble detail and transparency. Comfort is superb, bass enhancement is OK, but in darker recordings too much for my taste, but overall usable not overall too boomy. Mids, little recessed and lost transparency too especially in more complex and crowded compositions. Lack of treble detail is stopper for me here. That's my observation after more than one week of using that earpads. Is it with Dekoni earpads different? Now I'm tresting velour XL earpads from Brainwawz.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #465 of 785
:thumbsup:You are lucky, it depends heavily of your head shape. Mine rather narrow head and long hairs don't help much. Seal is poor for me and comfort too. :frowning2: But finding replacement earpads that doesn't change sound signature much is hard. :frowning2: I like transparency and high treble detail but with leather XL earpads from Brainwawz Amirons lost treble detail and transparency. Comfort is superb, bass enhancement is OK, but in darker recordings too much for my taste, but overall usable not overall too boomy. Mids, little recessed and lost transparency too especially in more complex and crowded compositions. Lack of treble detail is stopper for me here. That's my observation after more than one week of using that earpads. Is it with Dekoni earpads different? Now I'm tresting velour XL earpads from Brainwawz.

I've posted above my impressions few pages before ... I felt exactly same as you and I've found the right balance with a quite cheap mod, being Beyerdynamic EDT 770 V pads, just EUR 20 and I now all the same details but much less darker sound....Also the silver velour looks absolutely gorgeous with the Copper version I have...I've I never tried other pads but I would be skeptical of trying those above with very thick padding since I want less lower mids (I said lower mids and not bass) and not more, I want a more airy sound and that's what I got with the EDT 770 V and now I'm quite happy with them...of course I'm open to change my opinion if someone runs a direct comparison...but at the moment I don't feel I need to splash another $80 for Dekoni

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back