Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Dec 10, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #241 of 784
You should note that it is already aptx HD. You would only need a transmitter if you wanted to go LDAC.
The Amiron Wireless are NOT compatible with/do not use/decode LDAC. That's a Sony proprietary technology.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #242 of 784
Let me rephrase: if you want the Amiron to use LDAC, you would need an adapter, which seems to be the question that was asked regarsint aptx HD.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #243 of 784
Let me rephrase: if you want the Amiron to use LDAC, you would need an adapter, which seems to be the question that was asked regarsint aptx HD.
Sony don't make LDAC receivers/adapters, and the only commercially-available LDAC 'decoders' are built into their range of headphones and speakers. As I've stated already, LDAC is a Sony proprietary technology, that is only applicable between Sony products.
Apt-X HD is a different codec to LDAC, and the two are incompatible. As I've already stated, LDAC is not applicable to the Beyer Amiron Wireless.

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #244 of 784
That's half accurate. SOny doesn't make any as far as I know. The Es100 has Ldac though, android phones have LDAC, Audio Technica has an LDAC BT adapter, and so do several other companies.

The poster asked about getting an aptx trasmitter because the Amiron only has aptx. I assumed he meant an adapter, but I may have misinterpreted that.

Also, calm the **** down.

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #245 of 784
That's half accurate. SOny doesn't make any as far as I know. The Es100 has Ldac though, android phones have LDAC, Audio Technica has an LDAC BT adapter, and so do several other companies.

The poster asked about getting an aptx trasmitter because the Amiron only has aptx. I assumed he meant an adapter, but I may have misinterpreted that.

Also, calm the **** down.
What the **** are you talking about? :wink:
Well, as far as LDAC is concerned, in the context of the Amiron Wireless, absolutely rubbish! lol
My question was simple: Is there a good transmitter available for Apt-X HD, and is it much better than Apt-X?
I didn’t ask about LDAC. That belongs in a Sony thread...

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #246 of 784
The Ak70 mkii has aptx hd if you are looking for a player. I thought you wanted to add an attachment to your headphones, where is where the confusion is. My Note 9 has LDAC and aptx HD.

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #247 of 784
Cheers for this :beyersmile:
Is there a big difference between the Apt-X signal, and the Apt-X HD signal, with High-Res files as a source?

It's a bit more dynamic and refined but it's pretty subtle for my ears. Some people are more sensitive to these small changes as I'm sure you know.

Another plus of the Oasis Plus because it has aptX-LL too which lets me watch movies or play games wirelessly without sound delay and without bothering my neighbors with my speakers. :D

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #248 of 784
I suppose the main ‘problem’ with these cans (which some would deem a benefit!?) is that they’re a ‘closed system’, with no consideration of headphone amplifier, cables etc. This is especially true if used wirelessly.
However, I find them quite liberating. No wires, with very good (and on the most part, good enough) SQ.
What’s not to like? Oh yes. The price. I do think they’re a bit pricey for what they are, and their cost/performance ratio.

Dec 11, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #249 of 784
What the **** are you talking about? :wink:
Well, as far as LDAC is concerned, in the context of the Amiron Wireless, absolutely rubbish! lol
My question was simple: Is there a good transmitter available for Apt-X HD, and is it much better than Apt-X?
I didn’t ask about LDAC. That belongs in a Sony thread...

Many cellphones new enough to run Android 8.0 can transmit Apt-X HD.
You can also connect an Avantree Oasis Plus to your audio systems stereo output. It transmits Apt-X, Apt-X LL and Apt-X HD.

Aptx-HD can carry %63 more information at once than Apt-X. Apt-X has a bitrate of 352kbps while Aptx-HD has a bitrate of 576kbps, The advantage is less compression, and room for higher quality audio transmission up to 48khz 24-bit.

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #250 of 784
Hey guys,

I've decided to expand my collection of gear a bit, partly because I hate moving headphones from place to place, forgetting them at the office, etc. So my Xm3's are for the gym, and they will stay in my gym bag. I picked up a pair of crossfade wireless for $115 and plan to use with my computer (got the white to match my white set up), and I'm looking at the Amirons. Wired id $476, and wireless is $544. I'm planning to use mostly in wired mode, so which sounds better. I like that the Home is balanced, but I don't even have a balanced DAP. I plan to get an Dragonfly Red I think, as I just got a Ak 70 MKII for my birthday (thanks, hon), and am sending it back. It sounds good, but it has to load the SD card each time, and the battery seriously lasts 2 hours. It went down 4% during one 4 minute song. Ridiculous. Using those funds toward the Amirons.

Recommendations? Leaning toward the Homes for the airiness of the open back. I briefly had the 880's and felt like they added some depth, but I wanted the SQ to be a bit better and hate that the cable can't be replaced.

Thanks

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #251 of 784
I am no expert here and I have had the Amiron wireless. I would think if you are going to use in wired mode, go for the Amiron home. They are semi-open and should not have the slightly tinny feel to the sound that is my main con of the Amiron wireless. I loved them very much but ended up returning them; I am a noob so I wanted a verdict from the community before I make Amirons my first hi-fi wireless headphones.
I don't think the Amiron home comes with balanced cables, you will have to source them separately.

Use the saved up money towards a Fiio Q5, which will make your headsets a bit versatile. At least thats the direction I am heading towards.
https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2018/05/fiio-q5-rule-them-all.html - these guys are very good with their reviews. George Dobrescu, a fellow reviewer mentioned that he is pretty close to getting a review out for the Amiron wireless. They have a review out for Amiron home already, so I would hold off the purchase until their review is out!!

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #252 of 784
Well, I went ahead and ordered the home. This is for office use or computer use and I want the airiness and detail of an open back (I have my own office so no worry of disrupting co-workers). Excited to get these.

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #253 of 784
Has anyone heard the home vs wireless in wired mode? If so, can you comment? Bought the home, but wireless is down to $499 on buydig.

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #255 of 784
Right? Inquiring minds want to know!

1990 was down to $399 on buydig, but sold out. I really wanted to compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back