Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jan 15, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #271 of 784
Additionally, if the fit (specifically, the lack of clamping power) is the issue, you can get the headband changed. I sent mine in to the official repair center a while back and paid them to install the stronger headband and the leather cover that’s otherwise a spare part for the DT 1990 Pro. (I have a pair of those, and I prefer their grip and feel over how the Amiron Wireless shipped). Works like a charm for me now.

well the dekoni Pads are much thicker so the clamping force is no longer an issue.

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #272 of 784
Additionally, if the fit (specifically, the lack of clamping power) is the issue, you can get the headband changed. I sent mine in to the official repair center a while back and paid them to install the stronger headband and the leather cover that’s otherwise a spare part for the DT 1990 Pro. (I have a pair of those, and I prefer their grip and feel over how the Amiron Wireless shipped). Works like a charm for me now.

Ah wow, that sounds a good idea too! Excited now, like I say the sound once they are clamped down on my head a bit more is really nice. Thanks TJ Max I'll definitely check those pads out and ag18 I'll explore the stronger headband too. Was that a repair center in US or they go back to Germany?

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #274 of 784
Which pads exactly? I don't see one specifically for Amiron Wireless. Are they easy to install?

Dekoni Audio Elite Sheepskin Ear Pads for Beyerdynamic DT Series Headphones
20190115_191426[1].jpg
20190115_191446.jpg

I found the easiest way to get them on was to remove the original pads (duh) and the inner ring that the pads wrap around. But the new pads across the ring first. Then snap the ring onto the headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #275 of 784
Ah wow, that sounds a good idea too! Excited now, like I say the sound once they are clamped down on my head a bit more is really nice. Thanks TJ Max I'll definitely check those pads out and ag18 I'll explore the stronger headband too. Was that a repair center in US or they go back to Germany?

In this case it was their repair center in the US; I’m based in NYC so that was the closest one for me.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #276 of 784
I am looking for a closed set of cans for gaming and music. Wireless is a plus, but not a must. I have a Creative X7 which has a fairly decent amp if amplification is required.

I am debating between Audze Mobius (379 EUR), Beyerdynamic Amiron Wirless (430 EUR) and T5p 1st Gen (363 EUR) - prices all b-stock.

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #277 of 784
I am looking for a closed set of cans for gaming and music. Wireless is a plus, but not a must. I have a Creative X7 which has a fairly decent amp if amplification is required.

I am debating between Audze Mobius (379 EUR), Beyerdynamic Amiron Wirless (430 EUR) and T5p 1st Gen (363 EUR) - prices all b-stock.
Where can you actually get an Amiron wireless for 430?

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #280 of 784
Sorry if this has been asked. Can you charge the headphones on USB and still use them in wireless while they charge? A lot of headphones don't have this feature and it annoys me. Thanks!

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #282 of 784
Was very impressed with new purchase until I ran the MIY profile via iPhone. Having done this, I now can't re-connect via bluetooth to the Bluesound Node 2i.

Have reset Amiron to factory settings, unpaired etc. and still unable to connect to the Node.

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #283 of 784
Currently have Amiron Home had it paired with an LG V30, which my neice (3 years old) took a bubble bath with. (Water resistant vs waterproof)
Her mother feeling bad, gave me one her old iPhone 6s, immediately, I wanted to punt my neice after hearing my headphones on the 6s.
But she smiled and i caved in and told her "Thanks to you I have this GREAT 4 year old phone now! (I am uncertain if she knows what sarcasm is)
Prior to my Amiron Home, I had the 1st generation Sony MDR1000x, however, I sold them in preparation to buy the 1000xM3's.
With no dangling wires a priority and ANC not really being a factor, I was set on the Sony's until I heard about the Amiron Wireless.
My birthday is next month, and the Mrs is allowing me to splurge on myself a bit, as I bought the Amiron Home and V30 last year for my birthday.

My question would the Amiron Wireless paired with the recently released Fiio M9 be a good combo as I mainly stream my music with Tidal?

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #284 of 784
Sorry if this has been asked. Can you charge the headphones on USB and still use them in wireless while they charge? A lot of headphones don't have this feature and it annoys me. Thanks!
Late reply, yes, you can, but it's really awkward because of the USB port positioning. It's positioned on the right cup facing back, I kid you not. Take a look at the photos in this review to see what I mean.

I like how these headphones sound, but I'm really baffled by pretty much everything else about them, it's like they weren't designed by humans - zero thought went into ergonomics and such.

BTW does anyone else encounter an issue where if you had your headphones on for a while and you want to switch them off, they switch off, and then switch immediately back on as if I held the power button for too long (except I didn't)? Essentially I hear "Power Off" and then immediately "Power On" "Your headphones Connected". Then I have to press and hold the power button to switch them off again and it works the second time, they switch off for good.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #285 of 784
Late reply, yes, you can, but it's really awkward because of the USB port positioning. It's positioned on the right cup facing back, I kid you not. Take a look at the photos in this review to see what I mean.

I like how these headphones sound, but I'm really baffled by pretty much everything else about them, it's like they weren't designed by humans - zero thought went into ergonomics and such.

BTW does anyone else encounter an issue where if you had your headphones on for a while and you want to switch them off, they switch off, and then switch immediately back on as if I held the power button for too long (except I didn't)? Essentially I hear "Power Off" and then immediately "Power On" "Your headphones Connected". Then I have to press and hold the power button to switch them off again and it works the second time, they switch off for good.
Yes this happens like 1/3 of the time when I go to turn them off and it's annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back