Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Mar 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #33 of 784
Looks like Beyer recently submitted the Amiron Wireless to the FCC. User manual, internal photos, etc, here: https://fccid.io/OSDAMIRON

That is amazing news!

I was just using Amrion today and I'm still quite impressed with their amazing musicality and detail, guess it requires a pretty large amount of power even while on-the-go and this is why they need something like an FCC approval :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #34 of 784
That is amazing news!

I was just using Amrion today and I'm still quite impressed with their amazing musicality and detail, guess it requires a pretty large amount of power even while on-the-go and this is why they need something like an FCC approval :)

FCC approval is required for a lot of reasons, but the power of these headphones isn't one of them. Far too brief summary: if it radiates or can radiate, it needs approval for US sale. Anything oscillating above 9kHz needs testing, and having BT means more testing, as it's an intentional radiator.

Thanks for the FCC link above 9u755! I'm excited about these; I hope the release comes before my trips.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #35 of 784
I've been happily using my Aventho Wireless for both mobile and home use quite a bit lately, I've become so accustomed to the convenience and the SQ that I'm selling my beloved DT1350's.

The Amiron Home sounds like my ultimate "Fiance is asleep and it's time for gaming/movies"/Office cans. Can't wait to try them.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #36 of 784
FCC approval is required for a lot of reasons, but the power of these headphones isn't one of them. Far too brief summary: if it radiates or can radiate, it needs approval for US sale. Anything oscillating above 9kHz needs testing, and having BT means more testing, as it's an intentional radiator.

Thanks for the FCC link above 9u755! I'm excited about these; I hope the release comes before my trips.

Agahahaha XD

I had no idea about that :)

I hope they manage to get all the papers in order soon

Also, what I meant, Beyer Amiron requires quite a bit of power to be driven, so I guess / guessed that it'd be something like a strong soething to power them

I've been happily using my Aventho Wireless for both mobile and home use quite a bit lately, I've become so accustomed to the convenience and the SQ that I'm selling my beloved DT1350's.

The Amiron Home sounds like my ultimate "Fiance is asleep and it's time for gaming/movies"/Office cans. Can't wait to try them.

I think you might have missed a spot where I kept saying that Amiron Home is open back for the most part, I think that leakeage with them isn't all that bad, but I think they leak a tad more than say, LCD-MX4, which is also open back, to I'm not sure if you can play games or do music with them while your girl is sleeping

Tho.... The comfort!~!!!

The freaking comfort on Amiron Home!!!

That is unimaginably good! Like HD800S levels of comfort and not one bit lower!

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #37 of 784
I think you might have missed a spot where I kept saying that Amiron Home is open back for the most part, I think that leakeage with them isn't all that bad, but I think they leak a tad more than say, LCD-MX4, which is also open back, to I'm not sure if you can play games or do music with them while your girl is sleeping

Tho.... The comfort!~!!!

The freaking comfort on Amiron Home!!!

That is unimaginably good! Like HD800S levels of comfort and not one bit lower!

Amiron Wireless look to be closed back. I suspect the poster was referring to these instead of the home. :)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #38 of 784
I picked up the Aventho Wireless for my girlfriend and she adores them, saying that they're light, stylish, easy to use, with great battery life and excellent SQ (she mainly likes rock and indie where these seem to excel over bass heavy genres). Not had much chance to test them myself for an extended period as they're never far from her head, but what I have heard was impressive for such a dimunitive wireless headphone.

IThe Amiron Home sounds like my ultimate "Fiance is asleep and it's time for gaming/movies"/Office cans. Can't wait to try them.
I assume you meant Amiron Wireless, rather than Amiron Home. As others have mentioned, the latter is open back whereas the former appear to be closed back based on images we've seen. I have the B&W PX but am not convined by the fit (shallow, fairly unyielding pads) which seems to make the wear sensor unusable for me. Also, the sound signature is dark with a slightly larger quantity of mid bass (when you get a good seal) than I would usually like. Thinking about switching them for the Amiron Wireless as I enjoy the Beyer signature.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #40 of 784
I am so excited for these. I sold a bunch of gear just to afford these on day one. With children, I am very much over wires and complicated setups. This is the end game for me and I am so looking forward to the release date!
I feel much the same, even without the kids! I want a daily driver that's comfortable, fairly isolating with low leakage but great SQ and the option to use wired or wirelessly. If the price of the Amiron Wireless is reasonable, it's serviceable and spares are offered (thinking about battery more than anything here) I'll almost certainly be picking them up. The sound calibration feature is the icing on the cake as I realise my hearing is changing as I age, and with slight variation between the ears, revealed recently during a hearing exam.

Mar 9, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #42 of 784
I think they said it will be 799 so it will be considerably more expensive than most other premium wireless cans. But I would assume these focus more on SQ than the usual suspects PX, H9 and so on.
Think of all the gear you DON'T need with these cans. Just a phone and you're set. I personally sold a large portion of my headphone gear in anticipation of these. The less my kids can cause trouble with, the better.

Mar 9, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #43 of 784
716388A1-498E-43D8-8245-C9203DA8F381.jpeg
This is my redneck version....I got sick of waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back