Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Mar 9, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #46 of 784
I’m not sure yet, but it appears it will be around 6-8 hours. The sound qaulity is indistinguishable from wired for me. The wireless transmitter is the Radsone Earstudio.

I was a bit stunned for a moment, then I realized that is DT770, not Amiron Home :)

I'm saying this because Amiron Home does require a bit of power to work loud enough :)

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #47 of 784
I was a bit stunned for a moment, then I realized that is DT770, not Amiron Home :)

I'm saying this because Amiron Home does require a bit of power to work loud enough :)

It’s the 80ohm version. I was a little worried with this one also, but it delivers 12mw into 80 ohms @ 1mw/96db. The Amiron home I think is 250ohm? So that would be asking a lot, you might get 4mw out of it. But if they are higher effiency it could work for lower level listening.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #48 of 784
It’s the 80ohm version. I was a little worried with this one also, but it delivers 12mw into 80 ohms @ 1mw/96db. The Amiron home I think is 250ohm? So that would be asking a lot, you might get 4mw out of it. But if they are higher effiency it could work for lower level listening.
Is the power rating you specified the rating just for the 3.5mm out? Curious what the power rating is for the 2.5mm balanced out. Still, an impressive little device with the fact it can be a usb DAC as well.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #49 of 784
Is the power rating you specified the rating just for the 3.5mm out? Curious what the power rating is for the 2.5mm balanced out. Still, an impressive little device with the fact it can be a usb DAC as well.

I’m not sure, there is two settings for each. If you go on the earstudio thread, the owner would most definitely answer you, he is heavily involved on the site.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #53 of 784
My girlfriend finally got around to trying the sound profile cusomisation on her Aventho Wireless using her personal Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (Oreo) and it was a frustrating experience. She called me in to help (a software engineer by trade) and I couldn't get it to work, either. We tried many cycles of Factory Resetting the headphones, unpairing / re-pairing the headphones via Bluetooth, force stopping and clearing the storage used by the MIY app to ensure we were starting completely from scratch. Her headphones were running firmware 1.0.44 which appears to be the latest. I even tried enabling Developer Options on her handset and testing with different A2DP profiles (AptX vs SBC, AVRCP 1.4-1.6, etc). Every time she attempted to launch the sound personalisation from the MIY app it would give an "Oops something went wrong" error message.

Eventually we gave up and attempted to use the MIY app on her business iPhone 7 which allowed her to launch the sound personalisation on the first attempt. She ran through it a couple of times and re-uploaded the profile to the headphones multiple times without issue. She absolutely loves her personalised sound profile and interestingly now that it's been uploaded to the headphone via iOS she can successfully control the application of the profile (enable, disable, select percentage of customisation) without issue on her Android handset.

Although this story has a happy ending if we hadn't had an iPhone to hand it might've ended very differently. Something to consider for prospective buyers and I hope Beyer can improve compatibility!

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #54 of 784
My girlfriend finally got around to trying the sound profile cusomisation on her Aventho Wireless using her personal Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (Oreo) and it was a frustrating experience. She called me in to help (a software engineer by trade) and I couldn't get it to work, either. We tried many cycles of Factory Resetting the headphones, unpairing / re-pairing the headphones via Bluetooth, force stopping and clearing the storage used by the MIY app to ensure we were starting completely from scratch. Her headphones were running firmware 1.0.44 which appears to be the latest. I even tried enabling Developer Options on her handset and testing with different A2DP profiles (AptX vs SBC, AVRCP 1.4-1.6, etc). Every time she attempted to launch the sound personalisation from the MIY app it would give an "Oops something went wrong" error message.

Eventually we gave up and attempted to use the MIY app on her business iPhone 7 which allowed her to launch the sound personalisation on the first attempt. She ran through it a couple of times and re-uploaded the profile to the headphones multiple times without issue. She absolutely loves her personalised sound profile and interestingly now that it's been uploaded to the headphone via iOS she can successfully control the application of the profile (enable, disable, select percentage of customisation) without issue on her Android handset.

Although this story has a happy ending if we hadn't had an iPhone to hand it might've ended very differently. Something to consider for prospective buyers and I hope Beyer can improve compatibility!
Well that's an unfortunate experience with some software. I hope the Amiron wireless is not as plagued with challenges as your Aventho wireless experience.

Mar 10, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #55 of 784
Well that's an unfortunate experience with some software. I hope the Amiron wireless is not as plagued with challenges as your Aventho wireless experience.
I believe the Amiron Wireless will share the same software and chipset (CSR8675) with the Aventho Wireless which is why I felt these experiences might be valuable here. Reading reviews for the Aventho Wireless it seems that issues with the MIY app are are a recurring theme. Feels like Beyer might've rushed the release of the Aventho Wireless, given the state of the software and a hardware button so stiff I'm amazed it passed UAT. Fingers crossed they'll spend more time refining things prior to the release of the Amiron Wireless.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #56 of 784
Mar 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #57 of 784
Now these do look interesting! Having tried the Sony WH-1000XM2 and B&O H4 at the weekend I was left wondering why they are marketed as over-ear. I current have fidelio x2 and meze 99 which are over-ear but the ones I tried on at the weekend felt like large on-ears.

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #58 of 784
Now these do look interesting! Having tried the Sony WH-1000XM2 and B&O H4 at the weekend I was left wondering why they are marketed as over-ear. I current have fidelio x2 and meze 99 which are over-ear but the ones I tried on at the weekend felt like large on-ears.

I agree. My ears are rather small (I can use Oppo PM-3 as over ears) but there's no way Sony WH-1000XM2 is over ear! I tried them at Mediamarkt and they were definitely more on the on-ear side. My ears didn't fit inside the pads. I think Amiron Wireless will be the same size as Amiron Home so they should be true over ear headphones. The only difference is that it will be closed-back vs open-backed Amiron Home and I guess it will be 32 ohm vs 250 ohm Amiron Home. So it will be much more portable friendly should you choose to use it wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back