Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jan 21, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 784
BT 5 gives a longer range, allows more data to be transferred, and uses less energy...why is that bad?

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 784
Hi,

In a store I tried both wired version of Beyerdynamics Aventho and Amiron powered only with my AK240 to see how they feel.
The wired Aventho powered by by AK240 didn't seem better than my BT Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT powered merely by its own embbeded battery.
On the other hand the Amiron powered by by AK240 felt like TOTL headphones, much better than my BT Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT, I really loved the Amiron in comparison to the ATH-DSR9BT. A downside though is that the Amiron were using a lot of power, I hope that Beyerdynamics will be able to fit powerful batteries, I don't mind the weight as long as it is cosy.
Further advantage for the Amiron is that they are open headphones, something unique and always wished by me, hopefully the BT Amiron will remain open.

So for the time being the ATH-DSR9BT are still for me the BT headphones with the best SQ (better than my B&W P7W and that the PX to which I listened but didn't find clearly improving the SQ of my P7W),
but I am eagerly looking towards listening and probably buying the Amiron BT.

An alternative in the meantime is to use a Focal Elear or better Clear powered (but unfortunately connected by a cable) by a AK XB10. However you get a short playing time. (and the Clear is better with its 50 Ohm but is still sold out in the country where I live).

BTW, wouldn't it be better if this thread could be moved to the forum for portable headphones where it would fit along with wireless headphones?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #24 of 784
Seriously if these can even just match the sound of my corded dt 770 80 I would gladly give them one of my testicles for a pair.....or money whatever bayer prefers.

If you have a good BT source, I'm fairly sure those should sound much better than DT770, Beyerdynamic places them in different price brackets for a reason :smile_phones:

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #26 of 784
I do hope, if these are indeed priced between £500-£700, we will see button controls rather than touch controls.

Maybe I am getting old but I prefer buttons rather than the sometimes 'flaky' touch controls, on BT headphones.

Feb 5, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #27 of 784
I do hope, if these are indeed priced between £500-£700, we will see button controls rather than touch controls.

Maybe I am getting old but I prefer buttons rather than the sometimes 'flaky' touch controls, on BT headphones.

I agree, I tend to prefer physical buttons as well, gives me a more satisfying feedback on each button press, at least on something like a speaker / headphone / etc.

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #30 of 784
Sorry for the repetition, but yes buttons please. I had the 1000xm2 and never fully adjusted to the touch controls. I really prefer the feedback of good old buttons.

No, I really agree with this, because you're supposed to blind touch them while wearing the headphones, so touch buttons on a headphone aren't as good as something you can feel with your fingers while you're wearting them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back