Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jul 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #181 of 784
Is the sealing any better than t5p.2 ?
Which suck.

If you mean isolation, that is a little different from sealing, which means how good the seal seals wiuth the ear.

As for isolation, I only tested open-back Beyerdynamics in depth so far, but their Custom Headphones which I tested a few years ago, weren really well-isolating :)

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #183 of 784
Yeah I ment isolation.
So standard for beyer.
Gonna pass then, thanks.

I do not know, Amiron Wireless might isolate very well, I just said that Custom Pro (I think they were named), isolated very well, but my in-depth experience so far was with their open-back models like Amiron

If Custom ones can isolate well, it means that they may have included this magic with those as well.

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #184 of 784
I am almost sold on these because of comfort and sound quality factor although i am not a big fan of V shaped signature ( usually prefer slight dark signature with smooth treble). I have tried, Bose QC 35. Sony 1000 xm2, PSB M4U 8 wireless, B&O H9i, V-Moda Crossfade 2 but have not found the sound quality i am looking for. Another factor that i think is greatly overlooked in wireless headphones is peak loudness and among headphones i mentioned only PSB M4U 8 was loud enough although it was uncomfortable and heavy.

I have unlimited budget for quality Bluetooth headphone.
My set up is laptop and use is you tube music videos ( pop, rock) and movies. No high quality audio files

I am not considering Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT( low bass), Bower Wilkin PX ( uncomfortable)

Only options left are Master & Dynamic MW60S2, Parrot Zik 3, Amiron Wireless, NAD viso Hp 70 and i have read good things about Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT

So my questions are

Are these loud enough while wireless ? ( i really like to blast my ears sometimes)
Are these fatiguing ? ( cant handle harsh treble)
Any comments or comparison about remaining options above.
Any other recommendations, suggestions, ideas ?

I am really struggling to find the perfect wireless headphone for me.

Jul 13, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #185 of 784
I am almost sold on these because of comfort and sound quality factor although i am not a big fan of V shaped signature ( usually prefer slight dark signature with smooth treble). I have tried, Bose QC 35. Sony 1000 xm2, PSB M4U 8 wireless, B&O H9i, V-Moda Crossfade 2 but have not found the sound quality i am looking for. Another factor that i think is greatly overlooked in wireless headphones is peak loudness and among headphones i mentioned only PSB M4U 8 was loud enough although it was uncomfortable and heavy.

I have unlimited budget for quality Bluetooth headphone.
My set up is laptop and use is you tube music videos ( pop, rock) and movies. No high quality audio files

I am not considering Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT( low bass), Bower Wilkin PX ( uncomfortable)

Only options left are Master & Dynamic MW60S2, Parrot Zik 3, Amiron Wireless, NAD viso Hp 70 and i have read good things about Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT

So my questions are

Are these loud enough while wireless ? ( i really like to blast my ears sometimes)
Are these fatiguing ? ( cant handle harsh treble)
Any comments or comparison about remaining options above.
Any other recommendations, suggestions, ideas ?

I am really struggling to find the perfect wireless headphone for me.

Good questions, but I can answer those just yet, as Amiron Wireless is different from the usual Amiron, will let you know as soon as I get the wireless :)

Jul 13, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #186 of 784
Of all the ones you mentioned to try, I would not bother. Just get the Amiron. Send them back of you don't like them. Otherwise, you will just waste your time. Been down that path man. I bought all the ones you did and returned them all. I settled on my DT 1770 with a high quality aptx HD adapter. However, that was because I already had the 1770. If I didnt, then Amiron for sure.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #187 of 784
Of all the ones you mentioned to try, I would not bother. Just get the Amiron. Send them back of you don't like them. Otherwise, you will just waste your time. Been down that path man. I bought all the ones you did and returned them all. I settled on my DT 1770 with a high quality aptx HD adapter. However, that was because I already had the 1770. If I didnt, then Amiron for sure.
I am taking your advice and ordering them tonight.

Any comments about peak loudness of amiron ? I have noticed that most BT headphones that are known to be loud such as ATH ws 99 BT , PSB, M4U, NAD viso HP 70 etc have an inbuilt amplifier. I only want to use amiron wireless, using them wired with external amp with defeat the purpose of BT wireless.

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #188 of 784
They have an amp inside and will get plenty loud. I personally use Power Amp, too, where you can adjust the loudness via preamp, and I have never had an issue with a BT headphones as a result.

The PSB m4u 8 sound terrible. They got loud, but looked goofy as hell, with crap sound. The WS99 sounded decent, but distorted, feel really cheap, and have HORRIBLE isolation.

If you don't end up liking the Amiron, as I mentioned, I use the Dt 1770 with an ES100, and HM5 earpads. It's a solid combination. I linked it earlier in thread.

Jul 16, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #189 of 784
They have an amp inside and will get plenty loud. I personally use Power Amp, too, where you can adjust the loudness via preamp, and I have never had an issue with a BT headphones as a result.

The PSB m4u 8 sound terrible. They got loud, but looked goofy as hell, with crap sound. The WS99 sounded decent, but distorted, feel really cheap, and have HORRIBLE isolation.

If you don't end up liking the Amiron, as I mentioned, I use the Dt 1770 with an ES100, and HM5 earpads. It's a solid combination. I linked it earlier in thread.
Thats very helpful.

I have ordered both Amiron wireless and ATH WS99. Will compare and report back by weekend.

Regarding the mod you mentioned, i actually did not understand it before. I am not a very hands on and have never done any mods except a pad change etc. This looks interesting. I will do anything to find my perfect combo. May be it will take doing a mod on my part.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #190 of 784
It's a pretty minor mod. It's a bT adapter and a short mini xlr cord and an ear pad swap. Durable, and good isolation.

The only other BT headphone I'm curious about is the Audeze Mobius.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #191 of 784
Yeah, i have already ordered ES100. This really could open to the door for many options but first, i will try it with my current wired headphones.

Mobius is indeed interesting but i will have to hear more about the its musicality before trial. It is designed to be a gamers headset in every way so far( which does not really interest me) but Jude thinks that it may be cross between LCD 2 and LCD X. We shall see. I dont mind collecting BT headphones because i use them daily even for trivial things like news etc.

Jul 17, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #192 of 784
I would be really curious for a Mobius/amiron comparison. I game a little, but it would be for musical convenience. I really like Ldac and a BT planar sounds aweaome.i may order them...

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #193 of 784
I just found the amperion p1 and m1. Curious about those as well.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #194 of 784
Did you get your stuff? What do you think?

Jul 22, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #195 of 784
Did you get your stuff? What do you think?

Sorry, i was away. Yes, i did get Amiron , WS99 and ES100 and in final analysis, I think that your set up is probably the best.

I tried Amiron in wireless mode for a few hours and was disappointed. It is comfortable , offers details and was relatively clean sounding. However at least to me, bass was quite lacking, mids were significantly recessed. Also it was not loud at all. To give you an idea, i could do my regular browsing after putting it a max volume. It was kind of relaxing but non engaging sound. I am returning it.

ATH WS99, on the other hand, does go really really loud but sound is mediocre and lacks details. It is however balanced and a great option at price point. I just wanted clearer sound and more detail. With stock pads, it became uncomfortable after 40 minutes because it was touching my ears but i had also ordered Brain waves HM5 angled hybrid pad which made it really really comfortable but took a bit of bite from sound. I have more respect for WS99 than Amiron but still returning it.

Real winner was ES100. It blew my mind when it drove my HEX V2 effortlessly with same quality to deafening volume . Bass become slightly bloomy at high volumes but otherwise it was perfect. I thinking converting your favorite wired headphones to wireless ( better word would be un tethered because wire is still there hanging on my body) is the best option for me. Kudos to you for figuring it out already.

So my search continues because i cant take HEX V2 on my raod trips because of its bulk. I used ES100 to amplify Sony 1000xm2 and it was a decent combination that will work for now .

I will pre order Audeze Mobius today.

Lastly, I have searched this forum and google for Amperion P1 and M1 but could not find anything. Can you please share a link for more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back