Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jul 19, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #1,861 of 2,669
I can't figure it out, why i love the Amiron so much, its sound is so addicting and ..cinematic. I have many higher end models i feel i should enjoy more but for some reason I'm always drawn back to these. The others are great for dissecting music and in a completely different way are more interesting, but none are more enjoyable for my music taste.

The Amiron does something which many other headphones don't. It has the ability to reveal all kinds of details which are present in music, but does so without being a bright headphone. Several other high end headphones on the market also have excellent imaging and detail retrieval as well. However, many are not able to offer this without having a bright sound signature. The Amiron accomplishes this while remaining on the warm side. This makes it addictive because you experience all sorts of details being rendered with no listening fatigue being present.

Jul 19, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #1,862 of 2,669
The Amiron does something which many other headphones don't. It has the ability to reveal all kinds of details which are present in music, but does so without being a bright headphone. Several other high end headphones on the market also have excellent imaging and detail retrieval as well. However, many are not able to offer this without having a bright sound signature. The Amiron accomplishes this while remaining on the warm side. This makes it addictive because you experience all sorts of details being rendered with no listening fatigue being present.

It's funny because i often find myself looking over at my Hekv2 or other more expensive cans on the stand over there thinking i should be listening to you, but I can't take these Amirons i paid 250 for off my head LoL. I'm convinced atleast for my ears, that spending stupid money isn't something i should probably continue to do for headphones, yet i still want a utopia haa

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,864 of 2,669
See i don't know about that because i have headphones already that are technically better, some would say much better than T1, but they haven't convinced me..so i think it boils down to the tonality without sacrificing to much in other areas that keeps me hooked on the Homes.

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #1,865 of 2,669
It's funny because i often find myself looking over at my Hekv2 or other more expensive cans on the stand over there thinking i should be listening to you, but I can't take these Amirons i paid 250 for off my head LoL. I'm convinced atleast for my ears, that spending stupid money isn't something i should probably continue to do for headphones, yet i still want a utopia haa
There was a time I wanted to buy other headphones and the more I delayed it, the more I come to my common sense and have canceled it. I can not think of anything to make the purchases justified and am glad with that. Why spending more if you have favorite headphones. Yes, I want a utopia too but still, not really worth the stupid spending.

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #1,866 of 2,669
Your absolutely right and instead of buying the utopia i think i just need to hear it. But I'm on board with the being content it will serve me better in the long run in many aspects. I would pay tops 2k for a utopia, if i hadn't seen these Hekv2 for 1300 i wouldn't own them. They are special and equally enjoyable, just in a different way.

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,867 of 2,669
Your absolutely right and instead of buying the utopia i think i just need to hear it. But I'm on board with the being content it will serve me better in the long run in many aspects. I would pay tops 2k for a utopia, if i hadn't seen these Hekv2 for 1300 i wouldn't own them. They are special and equally enjoyable, just in a different way.
I know what you're experiencing and was in the same boat. Real life stuff also helped me to forget the list of headphones to buy and in the end of the day, I'm now like "what was I thinking?!" lol. I learned there is no perfect headphone, even if you spend $100K. For any purpose, there is headphone A and B.

In the beginning I wanted the T1.2 and ended up with the T5p.2. Easily useable on any device and source.

Make sure to have no regret.

Jul 22, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #1,868 of 2,669
I love my Amiron Home, except for the earpads. There's something about them that just feels cheap compared to the pads for the 1990 (I own both as well as the T5P), not to mention they are an absolute nightmare to put back on if you remove them due to the double lip. Don't remove them unless you've got good reason! You'll be swearing loudly for the next 20 minutes otherwise.

I run the Analytical pads on the 1990. As I've got the balanced pads lying around doing nothing, I put them on my Amiron this morning. Straight away, hardly a difference in sound (the smallest amount of warmth is lost), however the seal is better (which surprisingly doesn't seem to increase the bass) and I prefer the feel of them on my head. Usually I don't like swapping pads around as you lose the headphone's intended sound, but in this case I'm keeping the balanced pads on... which is fortunate because I can't face trying to put the original pads back on the Amiron.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #1,869 of 2,669
Does anyone try amiron home with modi multibit ?
Im about to upgrade modi 3 to mimby so i wonder how do they sound together
Thanks
I'm a bit late to the party on this sorry, I don't have the modi mulitbit, I have the Jotunheim with the mulitbit DAC. Great pairing, warm and spacious together. Really happy with them. I also own the DT 1990, which can be a bit high at times (not with everything, just the odd song) with the Jotunheim. I use that with the Darkvoice, which is fed by the Jotunheim. Both headphones sound great with the Mojo.

Aug 6, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #1,870 of 2,669
Thought I'd follow up to my previous post about the DT 1990 balanced pads on my Amiron Home. I'm sticking with these as I much prefer the feel of them to the original pads. They sit much better on the head and the sound hasn't really changed in any noticeable way for me, which is perfect.

IMG_20200806_094244.jpg
IMG_20200806_094314.jpg

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #1,871 of 2,669
Finally picked up a balanced XLR cable for my Amiron, used with a multi-bit DAC Schiit Jotunheim. Absolutely brought them to life (and they sounded great single ended). It's a small difference but enough that they now make my T5P sound a bit average.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #1,873 of 2,669
Where did you buy ? Original Beyer balanced cables or custom ?
I bought an Ablet HiFi balanced XLR for £35 from Amazon UK. I was originally going to buy a Custom Cans cable, but thought I'd trial this first. The cable is a bit rigid, but overall it does the job. I may still try a nicer cable again in the future, but I'll keep this one for now as it sounds great.

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #1,874 of 2,669
I believe my taste represent two ways i enjoy music. One is musicality the other the enjoyment from being mesmerized by technicalities. And i now understand why i love the Amiron home so much. It gives me timbre that is perfect to me and enough technically that I'm not missing to much. They really demonstrate something special to me, and that is they cause me to keep my finger off the next button and just listen and enjoy music! My hd800 and Hekv2 are enjoyable to, just in a different way. And honestly I'm not sure which way i would proclaim better ..

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #1,875 of 2,669
I believe my taste represent two ways i enjoy music. One is musicality the other the enjoyment from being mesmerized by technicalities. And i now understand why i love the Amiron home so much. It gives me timbre that is perfect to me and enough technically that I'm not missing to much. They really demonstrate something special to me, and that is they cause me to keep my finger off the next button and just listen and enjoy music! My hd800 and Hekv2 are enjoyable to, just in a different way. And honestly I'm not sure which way i would proclaim better ..
I think the Amirons, both the Home and Wireless have made me to reach my common sense and I can't justify other headphones their prices. I really wanted to buy the Klipsch Heritage HP-3 but am afraid because of the comfort. The Home is very light and I can't feel it's on my head and the Wireless is heavy and it's so damn comfortable and am really surprised I can't feel it either. The Home and Wireless are the perfect twin :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back