Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 28, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #1,531 of 2,674
I swapped on the wireless. Its the same as the Dt 1770, or 770, or 880, and so on. You grab around the pad and gently pull it off the ring. Then pop the ring off with a credit card or something, and line the new pads inner portion up with the notch and rotate it. Loop it over the angled notch, not the straight notch. If you go after market, you will need to trim the inner piece. I have the Brainwaz round on the Dt 1770 now.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,532 of 2,674
How does the Focal Stellia sound? It’s a headphone I’m quite curious about. I’ve heard the Utopia and Elear a while ago and honestly the Focals I tried definitely feel more premium than the Amiron Home. No problem, the DT 1770 has the same pad mechanism too of course.
As far as closed cans go: stellia is at the top. Super fast and detailed. They ooze quality and luxury with their leather and colour scheme. Don't see myself besting this one soon.
@arielext when you will change the amiron earpads could you take some pictures making a little tutorial for us? Thank you! :)
Yes I can make some pictures will doing it and share them here, no problem.

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #1,534 of 2,674
Gold Plated Silver cable for Amiron Home and T1 gen2
Essential Items for Upgrading.

54518602_2792182304340379_6326281879758569472_n.jpg

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #1,536 of 2,674
If anyone is interested, I need to sell some gear to pay bills.

Amiron wireless-- $400 plus shipping and fees
Amiron home-- $400 plus shipping and fees

Both less than 3 months old. Boxes included.

I'm okay with venmo to avoid PP fees.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #1,540 of 2,674
About a month ago, I ended up getting an SMSL M8A DAC, which has the SABRE ES9028Q2M in it. I have my Audio-GD C-2 (2017 Edition) headphone amp paired with it. The combo of this headphone amp and DAC just sounds absolutely brilliant with my Amiron Home. This DAC has none of the mid treble SABRE glare that I have previously heard on a few other DACs using various SABRE chips. The sound signature on the M8A is quite neutral, with a slight musical warmth added in. I am very impressed, and I recommend it highly as a stand alone DAC option for the Amiron Home.

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #1,541 of 2,674
On a related note, I have no interest in ever getting rid of the Amiron Home and "upgrading" to another open back. There is just no need. I have had this headphone for over a year now, and I am still completely happy with its performance capabilities. I am extremely hard to please when it comes to audio equipment. The Amiron is finally the one that convinced me that there is no need to look further. You always know when you have finally picked the correct headphone. This happens when you put it on your head daily, and after a year of ownership, you still smile just like you did when you first got it. I hope everyone else is still enjoying their pairs as well.

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #1,542 of 2,674
On a related note, I have no interest in ever getting rid of the Amiron Home and "upgrading" to another open back. There is just no need. I have had this headphone for over a year now, and I am still completely happy with its performance capabilities. I am extremely hard to please when it comes to audio equipment. The Amiron is finally the one that convinced me that there is no need to look further. You always know when you have finally picked the correct headphone. This happens when you put it on your head daily, and after a year of ownership, you still smile just like you did when you first got it. I hope everyone else is still enjoying their pairs as well.
you're absolutely right, I've changed a lot of headphones and amiron has convinced me in everything I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back