Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Oct 12, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #93 of 2,669
It is a pretty common opinion, though. I haven't heard them, so I can't comment.

On the topic of the Amiron, are any sampler units being distributed, or do we have to wait for the meet for impressions?

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #97 of 2,669
My contact at beyer said the Amiron will sound "much warmer" than the 1990 (and will become available in the USA in mid-November).

As for the name, the first thing I thought of when I read it was
Ozzy with Black Sabbath intoning, "I AMIRON MAN !" 

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #99 of 2,669
There are Amiron impressions in the RMAF thread. At least three people posted their impressions, two said the Amiron was warmer and smoother than the DT1990. One guy for sure said he preferred the DT1990. Here are some quotes: 

From CEE TEE:

"Had a "sneak peek" of the new "Amiron home" after asking about it since I saw some news about it's release and wondered about the name and the sound. Mario Gebhardt was actually out from Germany and shared a pair that he had in a case.  I guess they did have it out later at the show. The sound was much warmer than I expected and I think this will surprise US listeners. We have a lot of Beyerdynamic headphones around our office and I usually find some treble that needs a warmer tube amp to perform their best.This headphone, however, was very interesting and warm enough to use with any rig, digital + solid state. The target, I understand, is a non-fatiguing and enjoyable listen.  I think they did that and this a very interesting direction for Beyerdynamic. If you get a chance, do listen to is as I agree with Sophonax' description above. Also, the headband design is pretty nice."

From Sophonax:

"Beyerdynamic's table, Beyerdynamic A2 amp. This is Beyer's home version of the DT1990, and the tuning is definitely different. These headphones depart significantly from the Beyerdynamic house sound. The bass is warmer and somewhat looser than the DT1990, and the treble is much more subdued. A more relaxing listen overall. Build and comfort were comparable to the DT1990. Overall the DT1990 was much better for my preferences, but the Amiron is worth a listen if you like a warmer, thicker sound. I saw @Allanmarcus's impressions of the Amiron a couple pages back -- not sure why my sonic impressions differ so much from his."

From Allanmarcus:

"Similar to the DT1990, but much brighter. More of the old beyer V shaped FR curve. much physically lighter than the DT1990. Different fabric on the pads, and fabric on the headband, rather than leather."

So conflicting opinions, I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #101 of 2,669

So conflicting opinions, I guess we will have to wait and see. 

The one thing all the comments have in common is suggesting the bass is more pronounced. Now the question is whether the treble has indeed been toned down or not. Could these be like an "upgraded" DT-990 (unlike the DT-1990)? 

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #102 of 2,669
If they have solved the treble spike problem that plagued their other cans, I might be interested.

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #104 of 2,669
Tried Amiron Home at Headphone Festival 2016 in Tokyo.

Very positive experience with it.
super natural, spacious, smooth sound. not so bassy nor overly warm.
I already have DT1990pro, but Amiron is still very attractive and I'm planning buying one.

And Amiron home is surprisingly lighter in weight than DT1990/1770. even T90/T70.
comfort from combination of micro velour and Alcantara is top notch.

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #105 of 2,669
  Tried Amiron Home at Headphone Festival 2016 in Tokyo.

Very positive experience with it.
super natural, spacious, smooth sound. not so bassy nor overly warm.
I already have DT1990pro, but Amiron is still very attractive and I'm planning buying one.

And Amiron home is surprisingly lighter in weight than DT1990/1770. even T90/T70.
comfort from combination of micro velour and Alcantara is top notch.

The T90 was "not so bassy nor overly warm" as well and I hated it, due to the sharp treble spike that would drive itself into my skull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back