Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Oct 10, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #81 of 2,667
I wrote to the Director of Sales for Asia Pacific and he delivered:

Dear Carlos, 

Thank you for your email. 
It actually all depends on your application. 
The DT1990 Pro is a real tool for the engineer. It’s engineered for studio/live sound audio engineering use, but great too as an audiophile headphones. The frequency response is not coloured. 

The Amiron is a different sound signature. This is for the gentlemen who has a classier taste in life and like his high quality audiophile music at home. It is coloured and designed for home. 

Both are great, its just an issue of critical listening or audiophile listening. 

I hope this helps, 

Regards,

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #82 of 2,667

Dear Carlos, 

The DT1990 Pro is a real tool for the engineer. It’s engineered for studio/live sound audio engineering use, but great too as an audiophile headphones. The frequency response is not coloured. 

The Amiron is a different sound signature. This is for the gentlemen who has a classier taste in life and like his high quality audiophile music at home. It is coloured and designed for home. 

Both are great, its just an issue of critical listening or audiophile listening. 

I hope this helps, 

Regards,
Kamal

I have no idea what that actually means. Colored in what way I wonder? And do I have to be a classy gentleman to buy the Amiron?!

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #83 of 2,667
  I have no idea what that actually means. Colored in what way I wonder? And do I have to be a classy gentleman to buy the Amiron?!

New Amiron Home. No for trashy ladies.

I'm going to ask some suppliers around when they are going to receive the Amiron. I may be able to go to Headphone Festival in Tokio and try them there.

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #84 of 2,667

Dear Carlos, 

I hope this helps, 

Regards,

​That's just the usual marketing BS.  All that means is that they will be tuned differently than the DT 1990.  Whether their tuning is "better" or "worse", is of course, for each of us to decide on our own.  

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #86 of 2,667
  May be Amirons will be brighter a.k.a. audiophile sound. 

That's very debatable.

I would say, Amiron is more likely to be more "fun".

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #90 of 2,667
  If these can be mid-forward, tight bass, and smoothed highs with a decent soundstage and just enough detail- they'll be winners in my book.  

I have a feeling the new avatar of T70p, as and when it comes, with whatever weird name it may come with, might have a more say in the mids and lows department. It might succeed precisely where Sony failed with Z7. It will be the most un-beyer of beyerdynamic - just unheard of. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back