Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Oct 3, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #61 of 2,669

the list of awesome possibilities goes on.

Grizzly Beyer
Beyer Skin Rug
Beyer Claws
Beyer Soup

The last one is a stretch, I know.

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #62 of 2,669
  Byron is cool.  Byron for BT earphones...not so much.   Maybe if the T2 was called Byron I'd understand.

Amiron...what does it even mean?  Is it the medicine, metal or the headphones :p

How about Beyer Ambiance.  Gives more of that home feeling than calling it Amiron Home.   Or if we're doing poet names....

Beyer Hesse
Beyer Frost
Beyer Coleridge 
Beyer Neruda
Beyer Whitman 

the list of awesome possibilities goes on.

Poets' names certainly sound good - if the headphones are mid-centric and vocal-thick.
"N-e-r-u-d-a" - I can almost imagine words oozing out like molten lava. :wink: 

May Lord give us our daily mids. :)

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #63 of 2,669
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I kind of like the name "Amiron," assuming i'm pronouncing it correctly.

I think it looks kind of meh, but it's growing on me. I wonder if it would look better in person.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #64 of 2,669
Some meanings for the word Amiron from a quick and pretty inept google search on my part:

1 'Amiron™ pigments are an advanced natural iron oxide, primarily composed of the mineral Goethite and Hematite'  Maybe this is the material used by Beyer for the drivers in response to Focal's use of berylium ?

2 'Amiron Village' A pop/rock band for hire from Utah' Perhaps it is a sort of celebrity collaboration with this obscure group and Beyer. A bit like Beats/ Dre Dre on the cheap

3 Amiron is indeed a drug which is the first thing that comes to mind when you see the word. A trade name of Amikacin. An antibiotic. Perhaps the headphones have magical healing powers when placed on your head

I thought the world of cars had reached a nadir in the naming of 'crossovers' (SUV in American) ie the VW Toe-rag, the Renault Todger and the Nissan Joke but it seems the world of headphones is following a similar decent in to the depths of naffness.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #65 of 2,669
There's also a tax consultation firm called Amiron in Germany, apparently. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #66 of 2,669
  There's also a tax consultation firm called Amiron in Germany, apparently. 
dt880smile.png

Yes i saw that one but couldn't really understand it. Thanks

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #67 of 2,669
S-1H
GD-543
KVK-06

Now, you already started thinking about which headphones those numbers can be associated with. That's how simply numbers can be used to name products that are too many to actually ask for proper nouns as names. Numbers, as impersonal as they may come, can build a character of their own by simply taking on the product's very own flavour. HD-650 meant nothing when we first came across the name. Once we started understanding the product, we began building a mental image of what HD-650 was and eventually we knew what HD-650 was when talked HD-650. So, numbers with alphabets do make a good choice for naming products that belong to any niche segment. THX is a word that means nothing to someone who doesn't care about sci-fi fantasy. But to those who do, R2D2 wouldn't sound alien too. And the rest of the world, well, they just don't need no headphones.

"beyerdynamic TS-170p" or "beyerdynamic Lawrence skies?"

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #68 of 2,669
To my eyes, those are the same argue when Intel introduced "Pentium" name instead of numbers like i486SX.
We used to claim "Pentium? that doesn't make sense! the numbers are better and simple!" and ended up totally getting accustomed to Pentiums and Celerons.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #69 of 2,669
'Pentium' was desgnated for a line of products, not spesific models ,which were numbered, and still are. Besides, Pentium has etymological relation to 'penta-' which is Greek for 'five-something' (Fifth genaration of processor architecture). Amiron is related to...? Maybe the Beyer rep from the T90 thread could help us out, Before we get bored with it.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #70 of 2,669
And intel used "pentium pro" name for their sixth generation of processor achitecture. some might claim "pro" doesn't have any meaning of "plus one" in Greek or something. haha. Okay let's wait for beyerdynamic guys chime in this thread and explain.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #71 of 2,669
And then there's Google with its candy names for Android versions, and Apple with big cats and now National parks (although both also use numbers as well to avoid confusion). I still like the idea of Beyer sticking with a theme for its new names, and poets seems as good a theme as any. Instead we get a headphone that thinks it's an iron!

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #72 of 2,669
Amiron is actually an anagram of Romani!  This new headphone is a gypsy-inspired Beyer! 
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #73 of 2,669
So I contacted Beyer regarding the tuning differences between the DT1990 and the Amiron and this was their response:

"Both products the DT 1990 PRO and Amiron have innovative tesla drivers, but were built for different applications: As recording or even studio headphone the DT 1990 PRO is characterized by its accurate and detailed stereo sound. Amiron home was designed for music enjoyment at home. Its warm and harmonic sound is perfect for relaxing and listening to music. Regards, beyerdynamic Facebook Team"

Interesting. It sounds to me like the Amiron is going to be a smoother presentation but maybe less detailed and dynamic? 

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #74 of 2,669
  So I contacted Beyer regarding the tuning differences between the DT1990 and the Amiron and this was their response:

"Both products the DT 1990 PRO and Amiron have innovative tesla drivers, but were built for different applications: As recording or even studio headphone the DT 1990 PRO is characterized by its accurate and detailed stereo sound. Amiron home was designed for music enjoyment at home. Its warm and harmonic sound is perfect for relaxing and listening to music. Regards, beyerdynamic Facebook Team"

Interesting. It sounds to me like the Amiron is going to be a smoother presentation but maybe less detailed and dynamic? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back