Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 4, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #1,171 of 2,668
People always refer to the bass, as if EDM was just that, incessant beat, the songs I listen to at least also have vocal and musical instruments that are as important as the beat, maybe even more depending on the song, such as this one:

I didn't say that at all. There are many other qualities that can make edm shine, such as speed, transients, right amount of treble, vocal density ect. When i compare amiron to my fidelio x2 (similar tuned headphones, x2 has alot more bass impact, less detail and resolution), i prefer x2 for almost all edm, except some of the very well recorded chill stuff. Edm has became such a massive genere with alot of sub generes. If someone is into it like i am, the bass/treble balance of the amiron will make it a disapointment.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,172 of 2,668
I'm on a week-long trip and I debated which headphones I should bring. My Sony MDR-1000xs were a necessity for the plane ride. I decided I also wanted something comfortable and versatile, so I brought the Amirons. :smile_phones: (And my iFi micro amp/DAC)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #1,176 of 2,668
Open headphone inside an airplane? Bad idea.

Um, the Sonys are closed headphones. I'm not one to use an open back headphone on a plane.

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #1,178 of 2,668
If edm is the main priority, i'd say he is better of with dt 770 pro 80 ohm. I own 1990, and have owned 770, for most edm the 770 is more satisfying imo. Fostex th-x00 is an even better option.
EDM is also my favorite genre, but I usually analyze the whole and not just the sum of the parts, because I listen to several genres, so if the buddy wants a headphone just for EDM, then the options you listed are the best, but do you agree that Amiron and the 1990 are better options for one all in one?

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #1,179 of 2,668
Everyone owning an amiron, should have a listen to the album below. I've never felt more connected to the music, such an amazing album (especally bilo part iv).

Nice tune even if I don't have a Amiron. Listened to it a few times using HE560, EL-8 open and original Ypsilon

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #1,180 of 2,668
If edm is the main priority, i'd say he is better of with dt 770 pro 80 ohm. I own 1990, and have owned 770, for most edm the 770 is more satisfying imo. Fostex th-x00 is an even better option.

This fella at the master switch says he still bangs with the 80'ohmers on a daily basis and prefers them to the Amiron Home so, it's not that farfetched to like the oldie goldie 770.80. Still is one of my favs. A member on here ( doesn't like being mentioned) with 100+ headphones and several unobtaniums called the 770s d7k killers and that in his opinion they extend better on both sides (though he referred to the 250/600 variants specifically and not the 16.32.80 versions). I wasn't all that impressed with TH-X00 (purpleheart), which i wanted to like since i thought it looked cool. It was nice, but i thought the 80ohm was better. This said individual also stated the Amiron as being better in fidelity to T1. So take all that with a grain of salt, he could be a nutter.

Also with sonarworks software , it does balance out the madness of the fun the 80 ohm is.

I would really like to have an Amiron/T1 though as a 880 upgrade, and its a bit confusing when more than one feverish beyer fan claims they have better overall fidelity than T1.

I wish they angled the drivers on Amiron, that's for dang sure :D

Mar 8, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #1,181 of 2,668
EDM is also my favorite genre, but I usually analyze the whole and not just the sum of the parts, because I listen to several genres, so if the buddy wants a headphone just for EDM, then the options you listed are the best, but do you agree that Amiron and the 1990 are better options for one all in one?
I definetly agree with that, amiron and 1990 pro are both very good all arounders. I just personally think edm deserves it's own headphone, if you really love the genere. I currently own sony mdr-z7 (witch sucks for everything else), they blow 1990 pro away for almost all edm imo. You can just turn up the volume and feel the soul of the music, thanks to it's dark coloration.

Mar 11, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,184 of 2,668
Right chaps I've decided to go for the Amiron home ordered today hope they good like people say they are of course my main genre is house but do like soul and disco to I was debating the meze 99 classics to but I like the look of the home a lot better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back