Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #841 of 2,669
Haha I'm still considering the T1 (gen 1), I can't seem to find a direct comparison between it and the dt1990

I would choose the DT1990 over the T1-v1 hands down. To my ears, that v1 was overly bright and fatiguing. The 1990 is much more balanced and only sounds bright on electronics that sound too bright. (The Amirons are less bright still, but I prefer the 1990.)

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #842 of 2,669
You need to buy both the DT1990 and the Amiron...:)

Both are very good and compliment each other very well.

Ha! I'm a Beyer dealer and even I would not suggest buying both. They are much more similar than different. If one truly wanted a second set of headphones to complement the 1990 or Amiron, I would steer them elsewhere to something that sounds much different.

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #843 of 2,669
Well I got my new beyer amiron's there beautiful hp's & very comfy just one small issue with them, their defective no sound at all from the left side and the right side was so muffled I could hardly tell what was playing, What's weird is my he-560's & my Elear's also had really bad issues right out of the box had to be sent back for replacements, now this one the third pair of defective hp's I've bought. Makes me wonder where their all made & how bad quality control really is, guess my luck sucks with hp's..enjoy

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #844 of 2,669
Well I got my new beyer amiron's there beautiful hp's & very comfy just one small issue with them, their defective no sound at all from the left side and the right side was so muffled I could hardly tell what was playing, What's weird is my he-560's & my Elear's also had really bad issues right out of the box had to be sent back for replacements, now this one the third pair of defective hp's I've bought. Makes me wonder where their all made & how bad quality control really is, guess my luck sucks with hp's..enjoy

Sorry to hear that. I've had defective headphones myself, really is a bummer when it happens. One was an HD 650(defective driver), one a DT 1770(wiring issue, headband issue, and bass distortion), and another was a chinese K612(channel imbalance and sounded downright wrong compared to the Austrian pair). Seems to affect all brands to some degree. The left side could be a wiring issue, not sure what is wrong with the right side. What issues did you have with the Elear and HE-560?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #845 of 2,669
The right driver on my 560's was dead no sound at all, the Elear's had a really bad distortion in the left side it was so bad could not listen to them, stuff happens oh well..enjoy

Jul 1, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #846 of 2,669
I think this will be the split between some people. Me personally I love both, but I also have a ton of gear to be able to bounce around with both.... I think that the Amiron could be the easier pick between the 2 because they seem to hit a sweet spot between everything EQ wise, but man... the T1v2 with the right amp can be so fantastic.

My ideal sound (right now and as of late ha) is very detailed with the slightest bit of warmth. Both cans can give me that give or take.

I can't compare the Amiron Home to a T1.2 is the T1.2 thát different from a T1.1 then? At the moment my fav. cans are the Amiron Home and K240 sextett.

Jul 1, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #847 of 2,669
I can't compare the Amiron Home to a T1.2 is the T1.2 thát different from a T1.1 then? At the moment my fav. cans are the Amiron Home and K240 sextett.
So at one of the meets I held at the store, we had a guy bring in his very well used T1. We did an A/B with his T1 and our in house HD800, and HD800s. The T1 was very analytical, to the point of dry sounding to me. I can't remember how the HD800 sounded compared to it, but I do remember the HD800s having more bass (not a crazy amount) but it was definitely warmer sounding and to me, more engaging...

With that said! the owner of the T1 (great guy @olek, feel free to chime in on this buddy if you want) thought that his T1 sounded more neutral and "nothing added" then our T1v2. I had to agree with him. But at the end of the day I LOVE the T1v2 and feel it's a great mix of articulation and enough bass boost to give me warmth, while the original T1 I felt is too sterile. @olek on the other hand loves dead pan neutral and wants all the micro detail out of the source that he can get his hands on. So in the end we just have different tastes!

In regards to T1v2 and Amiron, they would be more similar then original T1 and Amiron. I haven't heard the sextet but I should get the chance come our next meet on the 22nd! (Someone is bringing it which is cool) So I'll get back to you. Speaking of which you able to make it @olek?? Ha

Jul 1, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #848 of 2,669

The gen 1 and gen 2 are quite different. Honestly prefer the Amiron and DT 1990 to either T1, though I do like the T1 on the right system a lot. I found both T1s to just be a bit too dry and have a bit too much treble vividness for me personally, I like the softer more fluid sound of the Amiron more. The K240 Sextett is a great headphone, rather shocking how much better it sounds than the current K240s. My favorite headphones are the Amiron and a modified DT 480. The DT 1990's are up there too but I slightly prefer the Amirons.

Jul 1, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #849 of 2,669
The gen 1 and gen 2 are quite different. Honestly prefer the Amiron and DT 1990 to either T1, though I do like the T1 on the right system a lot. I found both T1s to just be a bit too dry and have a bit too much treble vividness for me personally, I like the softer more fluid sound of the Amiron more. The K240 Sextett is a great headphone, rather shocking how much better it sounds than the current K240s. My favorite headphones are the Amiron and a modified DT 480. The DT 1990's are up there too but I slightly prefer the Amirons.
Got DT480s as well but every time I put them on they sound like something is wrong; like an imbalance. The difference between a K240 sextett and Amiron home is in the details (k240s have more trebble).

Jul 1, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #850 of 2,669
Got DT480s as well but every time I put them on they sound like something is wrong; like an imbalance. The difference between a K240 sextett and Amiron home is in the details (k240s have more trebble).

Like a channel imbalance or something wrong with their sound such as a glare, resonance, ringing, erratic frequency response, etc.? You do have to settle into their sound, they don't really sound right at first, especially before you get used to them.They are insanely sensitive to having a good seal and part of the issue with them is having them settle properly in terms of having a seal. That and I find getting enough dampening so it reduces it's problems, but I find you need to leave the driver opening open as I find covering it with felt hurts it's clarity and dynamics too much and rather surrounding the driver opening with foam, cotton, etc. works much better. I spent a lot of time tinkering with mods on it, it's really a headphone that needs to be modded to shine. I found the K240 Sextett(I owned a LP) to have an unique bass response due to the passive radiators, expansive and enveloping in a way I haven't heard in another headphone and it definitely had a brighter treble than the Amiron, mine had a channel imbalance and bass distortion issue sadly, risk of buying such an old headphone.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #853 of 2,669
I personally prefer the Amiron to the DT1990. It's just a little easier to listen to. I find the DT1990 amazing with certain music and fatiguing with others. The Amiron I can listen to with pretty much anything in complete comfort... reminds me a lot of a higher end HD600.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #854 of 2,669
I personally prefer the Amiron to the DT1990. It's just a little easier to listen to. I find the DT1990 amazing with certain music and fatiguing with others. The Amiron I can listen to with pretty much anything in complete comfort... reminds me a lot of a higher end HD600.
I still prefer the HD600s. I think Amiron is more like a higher end HD650 which doesn't perfectly meet my taste.

Jul 4, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #855 of 2,669
I still prefer the HD600s. I think Amiron is more like a higher end HD650 which doesn't perfectly meet my taste.

I see you also have a DT880 (as do I). How does that rank? Do you like the Dt880 more or less than the Amiron?
How would describe the difference? I am not good at doing that. i enjoy both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back