Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Sep 18, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,651 of 2,668
Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless Copper, not a lot of information here, however I thought it sounds interesting being a owner and fan of the regular Amiron. https://www.headphone.guru/beyerdynamic-unveils-aesthetically-refined-amiron-wireless-copper

Here is a youtube review in German, at one time he done both German and English, says he stopped English reviews 3 months ago !

Closed and 32 ohms and $799 is disappointing for me, as I use open phones. They do look great !
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/amiron-wireless-copper.html

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #1,652 of 2,668
Wow, that is an absolutely gorgeous looking headphone. I am not a fan of wireless headphones though. If Beyerdynamic wants to target current Amiron owners, they should just offer a wired Amiron Closed headphone.

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #1,653 of 2,668
Anyone tried hugo2 with amiron or other hi end gear?

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #1,654 of 2,668
2019-09-25 (4).jpg
My first set of Beyers....Let's Go Home! :metal::relieved::raised_back_of_hand:

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #1,655 of 2,668
First impressions are good, brain needs to adjust to the zestiness of the treble but not overly hyped at all!

2019-09-25 (7).jpg

Theta DSPro Progeny/Prime II - Schiit Mjolnir - Amiron Home.

Very musical, good clarity and decent detail retrieval! Similar to the HD600/650's but with a clearer window to the music, refreshing and fairly well balanced!

Has great prat and great seperation between vocals and instruments, sounds nice and full!

Already burned through a few ablums:
  • Bee Gees - This is where I came in.
  • Joni Mitchell - Blue
  • The Chainsmokers - Memories...Do No Open!
Will do more listening this evening, the comfort is as everyone else has described, build quality is a nice departure from Sennheiser HD600/650's plastic-fantastic and feels more quality and with decent light weight!

This could be in my main rotation for a very long time.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #1,656 of 2,668
First impressions are good, brain needs to adjust to the zestiness of the treble but not overly hyped at all!

Theta DSPro Progeny/Prime II - Schiit Mjolnir - Amiron Home.

Very musical, good clarity and decent detail retrieval! Similar to the HD600/650's but with a clearer window to the music, refreshing and fairly well balanced!

Has great prat and great seperation between vocals and instruments, sounds nice and full!

Already burned through a few ablums:
  • Bee Gees - This is where I came in.
  • Joni Mitchell - Blue
  • The Chainsmokers - Memories...Do No Open!
Will do more listening this evening, the comfort is as everyone else has described, build quality is a nice departure from Sennheiser HD600/650's plastic-fantastic and feels more quality and with decent light weight!

This could be in my main rotation for a very long time.

Nice to hear you’re enjoying them. All the Tesla Beyers have some zest to their treble but I found honestly once you adjust you don’t really notice it nor is it fatiguing. The Amiron Home and T1.2 are some of the least fatiguing headphones I’ve ever owned despite the zest they can have. I personally love the treble on them, but do see why some may not. I find both are laid-back but not to the point it can be overly laid-back like the HD 600/650 can be at times.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,657 of 2,668
Laid-back and still detailed and smooth! The 650's has better all-round mid's but Amiron Home is more complete sound!

Blasting through a tonne of albums, the new Tool album sound even better with the Amiron!

Just had a few Match Making rounds in CSGO and they perform amazingly!

More to come...

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,658 of 2,668
Pad rolled some Dekoni Hybrids from my T50rp's.

2019-10-02 (2).jpg

2019-10-02.jpg

2019-10-02 (1).jpg

A much better fit for my ears, the pads that came with my Amiron Home's were used and a little flat. Comfort is heavenly and dare I say, a little more aesthetically pleasing!

Hopefully the sound doesn't change, cause I'm really lovingly the Beyer sound!

Anyone else pad rolling and have recommendations, please let me know!

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #1,659 of 2,668
:anger:How do you get the original pads back on, these are buggers to put back on! Is there a trick? These make the T50rp pad rolling a stroll in the park!:anger:

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,660 of 2,668
:anger:How do you get the original pads back on, these are buggers to put back on! Is there a trick? These make the T50rp pad rolling a stroll in the park!:anger:

There is a trick and it’s actually quite easy once you figure it out. Pop off the plastic ring by holding the fabric/foam driver cover in place, a dull knife or something will work, the ring and earcup will have a notch so you line it up to put it back in place properly. The pads have a double lip so it’s hard to feed it in making popping off the plastic ring necessary.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,661 of 2,668
There is a trick and it’s actually quite easy once you figure it out. Pop off the plastic ring by holding the fabric/foam driver cover in place, a dull knife or something will work, the ring and earcup will have a notch so you line it up to put it back in place properly. The pads have a double lip so it’s hard to feed it in making popping off the plastic ring necessary.
russellcoight.gif

Thanks mate! Legend.

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #1,662 of 2,668
Just switch setup's and now been listening to the Interstellar soundtrack via Theta Pro Progeny and the Darkvoice, utterly amazing! I can't say I've heard this better out of any other can I own!

These cans can go! I'm really amazed to be honest! I'm not sure if it's the tubes but the Amiron sound fantastic out of a Balanced Mjolnir, gotta hear more music before I conclude if tubes are making these babies sing!

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,663 of 2,668
The Amiron Home is a very special headphone. I don't think it can be beat for 600 US. It offers an incredible amount of detail retrieval, and an amazing soundstage, but with the inclusion of some musical warmth as well. There is no other headphone out there that sounds quite like it. I have been impressed with my pair since I have owned it.

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #1,664 of 2,668
Confirmed: Darkvoice are pushing these babies to new heights! 6080/6Sn7 tube combo and there is magic here, its there with the solid state balanced but here it is, that tube magic mixed with the Amiron Home's delicious mid range, the lower treble is beautiful and sparkles/shimmers! Listening to Ennio Morricone and it is utterly enthralling a listen! There is depth to the music, great layering and nothing gets too crowded, imaging is excellent which helps with congested portions of the music and detail is top shelf stuff!

These make me wonder how the T1's sound, dayummmm....more of this please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back