Beyerdynamic AK T8iE Universal Fit In-Ear Monitor
Nov 10, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #17 of 40
^^^Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to more in depth impressions from you!

I'll try to post some impressions soon, but the last days I was fighting against time constraints and to find the right set of tips...

Oh i see my second half in Vienna Member Plakat has also the AKT8ie lol lol

Regards Nomax

Yes, they landed here... though I'm still trying not to get into in-ear collecting :wink:

Where can I buy one?

Marketing and sales goes via Astell & Kern exclusively as far as I know, so I'd start by looking for an A&K reseller in your area.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #18 of 40
any owner encounter this? ive tried plugging my DAP to charge it while listening and i get some sort of electric shock on my right side. tried switching with different dap and gotten electrician to check my house. just want to confirm is this the flaw of the IEM that transmit electric too easily?

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #20 of 40
  That's the Tesla™ technology. 

Yes, Nikola Tesla that is :wink:

"TESLA PATENT 787,412 ART OF TRANSMITTING ELECTRICAL ENERGY THROUGH THE NATURAL MEDIUM."
http://www.teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/patents/us-patent-787412-art-transmitting-electrical-energy-through-natural-mediums

Regarding said problem with listening while charging: to me that looks like a defective device and/or charger, maybe missing ground (i.e. a problem with the electrical circuit).

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 40
Demoed the T8iE yesterday. While it us certainly a pretty good sounding IEM, I can't say it has blown my mind in any way. The price point kind of puts it in tough spot Imo.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #22 of 40
haha thanks to astell and kern for the pricing >.<  probably the Beyer only version might be more enticing with the pricing. but then again the sound might be different =\

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 40
Well, Jude declined to complete his review of the t8ie, so they must not have impressed him (just an assumption). 

I'd like to read other people's impressions and get a sense of the sound.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #25 of 40
I won't comment on the product or the Astell&Kern and beyerdynamic cooperation (which both are fine), just two things:
1. There is no beyerdynamic-only version planned or in development at the moment.
2. Astell&Kern does the worldwide sales and distribution with no exceptions (including our home market Germany). If you want to get an AK T8iE, find a retailer that sells A&K products. In doubt, their Korean headquarter can help you.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #26 of 40
Strangely that I encounter the same problem with my AKG K3003 (left side) but not the newly purchased T8iE.

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #29 of 40
Took me longer than anticipated, in part due to a simple lack of time. Another task was finding the correct tips, which proved to be more complicated than in other cases. Problem was not that not enough tips were included, but that more than one set felt ok in the sense that they stayed in my ears and sounded OK as long as I tried them out at home. On the go something sounded off... in the end the tips simply did not fit. They did not fall out though -- they are just too small and don't stick out far enough to fall down. After going through 3 of the 4 provided silicone tips I'm happy now: fit is fine and sound as well.

After a bit of an initial disappointment I have to say I like them quite a bit now. While I hear a slight bump in the upper bass which I'd prefer to be a bit less kicking, it reaches deep, staying clear and giving that nice feeling of a slight rumble. Not overdone, but there if the music calls for it, giving it an impressively dynamic representation. Voices are rendered beautifully, very smooth without sibilance. Its quite spacious and very detailed, still I'd like a bit more sparkle in the treble. Positions seem pinpointed and stable.

I listened to them for several days using my iPhone 6s, mostly on the street or in the underground, isolation is quite good (maybe not as good as with the Shure SE846). Pairing with the ifi iDSD Micro seems very good, bringing out even better dynamics (Eco mode and High Sensitivity setting). The T8iE is very sensitive and I use a lower volume setting than with the Shure or the K3003.

There are 5 sets of the oval silicone tips included (one set installed, 4 in the box), from very small to quite big. I did not try the Comply tips that are included as well.

The in-ears themselves are incredibly small and compact. Hard to believe that theres quite a big dynamic driver inside... No, I did not take mine apart, the second photo is from IFA where Beyerdynamic had some parts available for photos.

Left/Right markers are on the inner side and quite big, i.e. good to read.

Connectors are the same as on the Shure SE846, so the Shure cable with mic works. But the connectors on the cable are bent too much for a comfortable fit in the ear. Very unfortunate as I'm really missing a mic/remote on these for use on the go.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #30 of 40
Took me longer than anticipated, in part due to a simple lack of time.

Just noticed you have T5p for sale. Since I'm considering one of those (T5p or T8ie) I would really appreciate if you compare those two. Form factor does not matter for me. My target is classic music, so yes, soundstage (out if the head music presentation) is one of most important aspects. Because of small soundstage I don't like my IE800 any more.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back