Beyerdynamic AK T8iE Universal Fit In-Ear Monitor
Nov 22, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #31 of 40
Just noticed you have T5p for sale. Since I'm considering one of those (T5p or T8ie) I would really appreciate if you compare those two. Form factor does not matter for me. My target is classic music, so yes, soundstage (out if the head music presentation) is one of most important aspects. Because of small soundstage I don't like my IE800 any more.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply...

While the T5p has obvious advantages due to it being an over-ear with angled drivers, overall the more liquid, welcoming tonality of the T8iE would be preferable: its much softer in the treble region with a more natural bass presentation than the T5p. The T5p tends to get aggressive more easily, but with good recordings its a very good headphone for classics, especially smaller arrangements.

Hope that helps a bit...

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #33 of 40
Surprised the T8ie don't get more attention, I'd like more impressions on those few high end dynamic drivers offering, maybe a price drop would help :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #34 of 40
Well, I had a chance to listen to them 3 weeks ago. 
Maybe a stock cable is not really good or they requier a long burn-in process...
I did like the soundstage they deliver and the highs, ergonomics is also great to me but I did not like the bass quality (and quantity) and the mids sounded a bit muddy.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #35 of 40
  Well, I have a chance to listen to them 3 weeks ago. 
Maybe a stock cable is not really good or they requier a long burn-in process...
I did like the soundstage they deliver and the highs, ergonomics is also great to me but I did not like the bass quality (and quantity) and the mids sounded a bit muddy.

I have read different feedbacks about the stock cable, most being not so positive... also it would seem they indeed require some burn-in.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #36 of 40
If you have a chance to listen to them, dont push them in. Let them just sit on the concha. Then, slightly adjust the position of the ear piece or rotate the silicon tips until you hear the full impact of bass. This way, highs and mids clear up, and bass are not overwhelming. It took me a month or so to realize the right way to wear them, and they again gave me surprises in return.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #37 of 40
There is a tendency that ppl like to bash the stock cable when they have a chance to replace it. Indeed, it's a change of flavor, but not necessarily an upgrde. After all, earphones are tuned on the stock cable. For me, T8ie's stock performs pretty well in sound, and it's really comfortable. If I ever wanted an "upgrade", I would definitely bring the earphone and my source gear to have a good, long afternoon in the shop. I have spent some on several cables, nearly the same price for my last se846, but ended up with the original.

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #38 of 40
There is a tendency that ppl like to bash the stock cable when they have a chance to replace it. Indeed, it's a change of flavor, but not necessarily an upgrde. After all, earphones are tuned on the stock cable. For me, T8ie's stock performs pretty well in sound, and it's really comfortable. If I ever wanted an "upgrade", I would definitely bring the earphone and my source gear to have a good, long afternoon in the shop. I have spent some on several cables, nearly the same price for my last se846, but ended up with the original.

I haven't tried the stock cable yet but I have one observation about it : they're very hard to disconnect from the socket (I was a bit wary when I had to apply unusual force to disconnect them...), and I wonder if it could have something to do with MMCX issues by some people.

I have been using a Whiplash TWcu (v3) with the T8ie and I am pretty happy about it. 
I can see however how the stock cable could be more comfortable, because of their flexibility and the short connector sleeve / reinforcement at MMCX (don't know how to call it). My Whiplash have much longer rigid re-inforcement/sleeve and it's a (bearable) nuisance to comfort.

I'll definitely check it out on the go, as my balanced cable as a straight plug and stock cable as a convenient right angled plug.
The major thing that puts me off is how strong the clamp of the MMCX connector into the socket is compared to my other cable.

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #39 of 40
I have tried the stock cable at last, and they're not bad at all.
Comfort is way better with a thin wire like this, I'll sure use them on the go.

Compared to Whiplash Twcu v3, it's a tad bassier and treble loose some sparkle but mids are fuller.
Different flavor but not bad at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back