Beyerdunamic T1 vs Ultrasone Edition 10
Mar 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kazimir

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try them both.  I have heard the T1s and liked them, however the Ed 10 has struck my interest.  I my main questions are how to the sound signatures match up, which is easier to drive, durability of both, and how does long term comfort compare(generally 4-7hr sessions)?

Given that the 10s are rare, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try them both.  I have heard the T1s and liked them, however the Ed 10 has struck my interest.  I my main questions are how to the sound signatures match up, which is easier to drive, durability of both, and how does long term comfort compare(generally 4-7hr sessions)?

Given that the 10s are rare, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I found the Ed10 with the corrected pads sounds quite similar to the T1.  Same ballpark signature, similar quality.  Assuming your amp can swing the volts, the T1 is easier to drive.  Build quality is excellent on both.  Ed 10 is more comfortable, but not by a mile.  Up to you, but if you liked the T1 I can't imagine you'd want to pay the extra for the Ed 10.

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, the T1s can "bite" in the upper treble with the wrong recordings. I'm getting the impression from reading here that the Ed10s do the same thing more or less, maybe in a different part of the treble. Am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back